How far do you have to go?

Marina's called Burton Waters. I guess it wasn't him then, which means that there is yet anther Latics fan in Lincoln. LOAF (Lincolnshire Oldham Athletic Fans) will be bigger than OASIS before long!

1975MorrisMarina.jpg

Ah, that sort of Marina, I was getting worried.

As I don't actually know any Oldham fans living in Japan (although I've tried to convert some) I7m guessing the closest one I know is ThaiLatic.... although I don't think we've ever spoken.

It's a lonely old place.

As I don't actually know any Oldham fans living in Japan (although I've tried to convert some) I7m guessing the closest one I know is ThaiLatic.... although I don't think we've ever spoken.

It's a lonely old place.

There were two others over there a couple of years ago. I haven't seen either of them posting on here (or the old board) for a long time.

PM me if you'd like a chat.

I know a Latics fan in California and one in Wisconsin (the elusive Simon, occasional subject of OWTB live chat) but the legend that is Dave Moore must be the nearest as he lives near Vancouver, BC and we're only 120 miles from there.

Talk of BALLS and LOAF remind me that I must resurrect my idea of North American Independent Latics Supporters (NAILS)... Slogan: "We're hard as NAILS" :grin:

Hey Martis

Dont forget me I am in Michigan

Robert

It's a lonely old place.

(Cough)

Hidari ni mitte kudasai.

(Cough) :wedgie::bounce::headbang:

Cheers,

KC

Edited by kirinclassic

I'm sure I am not the only fan in Melbourne. Is there anyone else out there? I am in Hoppers Crossing. Afew weeks ago there was a woman on the radio here and she said she is a Latics fan, so I suppose I have at least one within 50km. I also saw a televised match here several years ago in a pub. It was when we beat City and there were more Latics fans than City fans there.

Nearest I know is my mate a couple of miles away in Covent Garden - I'm in Pimlico - although the same lad used to live 50 yards away in coppice when we were kids

Alex is Clapham South, Sam, that can't be too far from you. I'm about a mile further South with Mark about another mile past.

Mark, Will is in Dalston now - could be him for you?

I'm sure I am not the only fan in Melbourne. Is there anyone else out there? I am in Hoppers Crossing. Afew weeks ago there was a woman on the radio here and she said she is a Latics fan, so I suppose I have at least one within 50km. I also saw a televised match here several years ago in a pub. It was when we beat City and there were more Latics fans than City fans there.

Apologies if I've asked this before but do you ever go and watch Melbourne Victory?

Thai - Why couldn't you have started this thread twelve months ago?! I could've abused peoples spare rooms in about 5 places I've been! :lol:

These days, in Failsworth, I guess there's plenty around me I don't know about...

Sorry, Ackey. At least I know that I'll have somewhere to stay the next time I'm in Failsworth ;)

Apologies if I've asked this before but do you ever go and watch Melbourne Victory?

I have seen them once, playing Wellington Phoenix. They lost on the night but I really enjoyed it. Their standard would be about low league one top league two in my opinion, but they are really well supported and obviously have a much better budget than Latics. Unfortunately they play Friday nights, making it difficult for me to get to matches and my miserable husband (city fan) wont go and watch them. Has to be premier league or not at all for him.

I have seen them once, playing Wellington Phoenix. They lost on the night but I really enjoyed it. Their standard would be about low league one top league two in my opinion, but they are really well supported and obviously have a much better budget than Latics. Unfortunately they play Friday nights, making it difficult for me to get to matches and my miserable husband (city fan) wont go and watch them. Has to be premier league or not at all for him.

My team, Chonburi FC, played them in the AFC Champions League last season. We beat them 3-1 at home but their fans were absolutely brilliant so I always look out for their results. Try and persuade your "miserable husband" to go along. It'll be much more entertaining than the rubbish C*ty have just dished up against Pompey :)

Incidentally, Perth Glory v wellington Phoenix (and the reverse fixture) must be the furthest away trip in any domestic league!!

I live in Lincoln and there are several Latics fans around the city. Three live within half a mile of me and we regularly attend games together. Note for Thai Latic: I'm working in Bangkok until 17 March so I could be the closest to you at the moment?

Sorry to disappoint you but my mum and dad are sitting about three feet away from me right now :)

My team, Chonburi FC, played them in the AFC Champions League last season. We beat them 3-1 at home but their fans were absolutely brilliant so I always look out for their results. Try and persuade your "miserable husband" to go along. It'll be much more entertaining than the rubbish C*ty have just dished up against Pompey :)

Incidentally, Perth Glory v wellington Phoenix (and the reverse fixture) must be the furthest away trip in any domestic league!!

Can't believe how crap city are when they've got all that money. There's something very wrong at that club I think. I must try to get the old man to see sense. I did get him to B.P. on our last visit to U.K. and he had to admit he enjoyed it more than the 2 city games he saw while we were there.

I reckon you're right about Perth Glory and Wellington Phoenix. Every time Phoenix play away, they have to leave New Zealand I think. They must be the only club in the world that leaves their own country to play every away game. Hope they have a huge budget or a great deal with their chosen airline. Can anyone think of another?

I reckon you're right about Perth Glory and Wellington Phoenix. Every time Phoenix play away, they have to leave New Zealand I think. They must be the only club in the world that leaves their own country to play every away game. Hope they have a huge budget or a great deal with their chosen airline. Can anyone think of another?

It's not the same but Berwick Rangers (in England) have to travel to Scotland for every away game.

It's not the same but Berwick Rangers (in England) have to travel to Scotland for every away game.

And Mukdohan will have to cross the border tp play all their HOME games in another country this season. The Thai second division (NE Region) club's stadium is in Laos!!

Sorry to disappoint you but my mum and dad are sitting about three feet away from me right now :)

Give them regards from fellow B.A.L.L.S., and tell them they missed two pieces of history yesterday with the Windass goal and the new Ernie Flag.

My nearest Latics supporter is oafc_ok just over two miles away.