How far do you have to go?

In terms of distance, and not counting anyone who may live with you, who is the closest Latics fan to where you live?

Obviously if you are in Oldham there'll be a few (hundred/thousand ;)) a corner kick away but it might get interesting the further you are from BP. I'd also be interested to find the closest one to me.

off the top of my head Charlesworth or Tintwistle about 3 miles, although I'm sure there are a few in Glossop itself, the amount of people around here that have come up to me and said "I used to watch Oldham when they were good" is high

Edited by Tommy_Fent

off the top of my head Charlesworth or Tintwistle about 3 miles, although I'm sure there are a few in Glossop itself, the amount of people around here that have come up to me and said "I used to watch Oldham when they were good" is high

I'm on Simmondley, where are you based Tommy?

=================================

I live in Manchester and only know 3 other Latics fans..

My best mate lives in Leeds

My dad lives in Lincoln

My dad's best mate lives in London

I now have a small army of mates in Manchester who claim Oldham as their second team to their Premier League preferences

I live 10 miles outside Lincoln, and my nearest known Latics Neighbour lives about 10 miles away in North Hykehem. I also know of another Latics fan in Lincoln.

Kieran where does your dad live in Lincoln? My mate was talking to someone at Asda a few weeks ago who is a Latics fan, has a car with Latics stickers on, and says he goes to games. Maybe it was him?

My dad (who lives in a marina on the way to saxilby) only goes to a few games a year, usually listens on the net. He drives a new silver mercedes, i doubt its him as id be suprised if he's suddenly decided to put a latics sticker on his flashy car ;)

Marina's called Burton Waters. I guess it wasn't him then, which means that there is yet anther Latics fan in Lincoln. LOAF (Lincolnshire Oldham Athletic Fans) will be bigger than OASIS before long!

Not sure who is nearest me, anyone in Kent?

At the moment I reckon it's Leeslover in SW12, which is about 45 miles away

Know of two others round the corner from Andy .... may be the ones closest to me.

well their not latics fan's if they botherd to go to bp

:shock: not sure what your saying about yourself Bob!?!??!!!

In terms of distance, and not counting anyone who may live with you, who is the closest Latics fan to where you live?

Obviously if you are in Oldham there'll be a few (hundred/thousand ;)) a corner kick away but it might get interesting the further you are from BP. I'd also be interested to find the closest one to me.

i travel over from warrington ,that count

I know a Latics fan in California and one in Wisconsin (the elusive Simon, occasional subject of OWTB live chat) but the legend that is Dave Moore must be the nearest as he lives near Vancouver, BC and we're only 120 miles from there.

Talk of BALLS and LOAF remind me that I must resurrect my idea of North American Independent Latics Supporters (NAILS)... Slogan: "We're hard as NAILS" :grin: