Seb Hines

I was very impressed with him yesterday. Quick, tall, strong and always played a neat pass and he took players on from a defensive position when the time was right. Hope we can sign him til May. IMO looked class.

I liked him too. Not sure he is a right back. He looked more of a midfielder to me, but he easily slotted into that position. A good addition to the first team, whereas a fair few loans have been good additions (cough) to the squad.

I was very impressed with him yesterday. Quick, tall, strong and always played a neat pass and he took players on from a defensive position when the time was right. Hope we can sign him til May. IMO looked class.

I thought his performance was average. Not always convincing in the air, positional play a bit ropey - but he looked very good moving forward with the ball and Boro supporters I know rreally rate him. So I'm happy he's here and believe he'll fit in well after more games in the team.

I thought his performance was average. Not always convincing in the air, positional play a bit ropey - but he looked very good moving forward with the ball and Boro supporters I know rreally rate him. So I'm happy he's here and believe he'll fit in well after more games in the team.

Agree with your summation, I'm sure there's more to come.

His demeanour reminded me of David Beharall and there the similarity ended thankfully. I felt given he's just arrived he did ok. I wouldn't say it was anywhere near a flawless performance and there were one or two questionable moments. However overall he did ok. Defo worth more time and consideration and did better than some other loanee's.

Looked decent but lacking in match fitness to me - seemed a little of the pace at times - jury still out but potential is there

Wasnt impressed really, showed one or two decent touches (in the 2nd half mainly) but overall he looked no better than what weve got. Some of his distribution was awful, if that had been Eardley he`d have been slated to high heaven!!

You can bet Hines will be at full back for our next game and means Eardley will be back on the bench.

Does Eardley really deserve to lose his place to yet another loanee?

thought he looked good - was cool, strong and composed and won most of his challenges. Some passing in first half was undercooked as if he hadnt got used to league 1 style but he looked safe and thb would prefer him to NE at right back as feel he defends miles better than Eards. Nice to have good options again !

You can bet Hines will be at full back for our next game and means Eardley will be back on the bench.

Does Eardley really deserve to lose his place to yet another loanee?

I really really doubt this. He is not a right back and was played there due to lack of personnel in midfield, and the need to counter Northamptons constant tactic of exposing the right back in the air with lumped crossfield balls.

Tayls will be back at yeovil... I'd suspect starting on the right and continuing his partnership with Eards from leics.

Hines is a CB/CM - he will prove his worth due to his versatility in the run in.

A few touches went astray, and I must admit I'm glad we didn't have toput him straight in at centre half, but looked good overall.

He's played most of his games at centre half, but has also played in both fullback positions. Not sure about midfield, though. His one start for the senior Middlesbrough team was in the FA Cup - at left back. And he scored!

The important thing over the next month or so is that he gives us options. For example, I thought Eardley had a very decent game in midfield and was able to drop back to help Hines out when needed. Hazell will pick up another yellow sooner rather than later no doubt, and I'll have no worries about Hines stepping in to replace him.

I sometimes wonder whether I go to the same game. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't woeful, but I thought he certainly showed signs of rustiness.

Class? Wow, thats a strong word. Maybe its just another example of the OTT nature of some comments from fans.

I wish him well, but would prefer to see him in a few more games before casting judgement.

I really really doubt this. He is not a right back and was played there due to lack of personnel in midfield, and the need to counter Northamptons constant tactic of exposing the right back in the air with lumped crossfield balls.

Tayls will be back at yeovil... I'd suspect starting on the right and continuing his partnership with Eards from leics.

Hines is a CB/CM - he will prove his worth due to his versatility in the run in.

Told you Eardley would be on the bench!!....You can just read Sheridan like a book!!!

Could be very dangerous to play with too many loan men in the team.

Let's hope he's made the right decision!!!!

Told you Eardley would be on the bench!!....You can just read Sheridan like a book!!!

Could be very dangerous to play with too many loan men in the team.

Let's hope he's made the right decision!!!!

hereford played with maximum amount of loanees in midweek,and battered leeds!!!

the only thing i could be over critical about is not having a striking option on the bench....

also these loanees that we have....maybe apart from hines dont figure in there parent clubs plans,so try befor you buy i say.