Milwall neanderthals at it again

Sees the pondlife down at millwall are preparing to give our Lee a warm welcome judgeing by the comments on thir site . Not as bad as earlier in the season tho - they were planning all sorts of shenanagins after we dicked em at BP in August !.

Time for tin hats at the Den methinks !

:devilish:

EDIT: Link Fixed (again)(New window)

Edited by Ackey
Fixed Link (again)

:laught30:

Millwallconnor reminds us that although Hughes is a top mug, it can't be denied that he is a quality player. He feels a massive 'Lee Hughes Is A Murderer' banner is in order.

Talking of banners, Ernie was a Millwall fan and Millwall FC was well represented at his funeral. This will be reflected in the match programme on Saturday. The Millwall fans joined in the minute's applause before the game at BP in August, but I suppose it's too much to expect them to forgive and forget in Hughes's case.

Millwall fans must be the most ridiculous people i've ever known. They're famous for violence, football hooliganism in general and don't they sing that song about Harry Roberts? Yet it's they, the morally bankrupt thugs that they are that hold the biggest grudge against Lee Hughes? Quite bizarre.

Talking of banners, Ernie was a Millwall fan and Millwall FC was well represented at his funeral. This will be reflected in the match programme on Saturday. The Millwall fans joined in the minute's applause before the game at BP in August, but I suppose it's too much to expect them to forgive and forget in Hughes's case.

He doesn't help himself when we play them though does he?

One day I fear he will be assaulted on the pitch.

Millwall fans must be the most ridiculous people i've ever known. They're famous for violence, football hooliganism in general and don't they sing that song about Harry Roberts? Yet it's they, the morally bankrupt thugs that they are that hold the biggest grudge against Lee Hughes? Quite bizarre.

The Harry Roberts song is sung by latics fans too.

I was betting on Hughes to survive that particular confrontation if the lad had got to him. He realised the error of his ways even before Trottman got to him

It's always great when that happens. Fan gets angry and thinks I'll leather that Fat Frank Lampard. Runs on the pitch to slowly realise Fat Frank Lampard is an athlete and six feet tall.

Allows himself to be tackled by steward.

Yeah, the irony is hilarious! The chants of "scum, scum, scum" (or "scam, scam, scam" as they pronounce it) always make me laugh.

Last season there was about 5 pitch invasions, loads of stuff being thrown at the pitch (and us & ref), and the sfaety corridor had to be brought out to protect all the players and staff from the missiles being thrown at them.

Utter scum, and they are allowed to get away with it

Last season there was about 5 pitch invasions, loads of stuff being thrown at the pitch (and us & ref), and the sfaety corridor had to be brought out to protect all the players and staff from the missiles being thrown at them.

Utter scum, and they are allowed to get away with it

I honestly don't believe that anythig will change until the league punish the club by making them play a block of games behind closed doors thus denying them any income. Then we'd really see whether the club could control their trouble makers or not.

I think the problem with Millwall fans is the reputation they clearly feel they have to live up to - and I believe the extent of their reputation arises simply from being a London club. If you give a bloke an identity with a reputation to live up to then he will try and do so. If most of their fans supported anybody else they wouldn't be half as bad. I don't for one minute believe wherever they are from is any 'rougher or tougher' than countless other places around the country, parts of Oldham included.

As soon as people start ignoring the reputation it will die down. Even better would be for a load of Oldhamers, or whoever, and whether genuine football fans or not, to go down and give a few hundred everyday pissed up idiots a good f***ing hiding. That's all they are - just the same old idiots wearing their Stone Island coats, but also revelling in being a 'Millwall fan'. Mags.

:)

As soon as people start ignoring the reputation it will die down.

How do you ignore this reputation though, do you mean don't 'respond' to it? Its pretty clear to hear at a match and see before/during/after a match too.

Your retaliation seemed to be to do exactly the same as them??

How do you ignore this reputation though, do you mean don't 'respond' to it? Its pretty clear to hear at a match and see before/during/after a match too.

Your retaliation seemed to be to do exactly the same as them??

Yes, although I'm sure 'ignore' and 'don't respond' meant the same thing when I was at school. :unsure:

My (semi serious) retaliation would be with the intention of harming this reputation, not an attempt at stealing it! Obviously with todays policing it would never happen, which is probably what helps todays Millwall fans uphold a reputation earned by their fathers and encouraged by the media, thus meaning the vicious circle continues.

Perhaps by the ones you hang around with.

I've only ever heard it sung by one small group of 'fans' (and I use the term loosely) who were sat in the Chaddy one game early in the season. All kitted out in the 'gear', but not a one of them looked old enough to shave, let alone work for the money to pay for said gear. Infact I'd go so far as to say they were 'seemingly' educated - not the stereotypical wannabe thug in that respect.

I understand that they were advised quietly that they should resist from singing such songs otherwise a banjo-ing may ensue. I've not seen them since, though I belive that a similar lot are making 'terrace legends' of themselves in the RRE, and arriving at away games on a minibus (though I'm buggered if I know who is paying/organising it for them) all geared and boozed up.

All kitted out in the 'gear', but not a one of them looked old enough to shave, let alone work for the money to pay for said gear. Infact I'd go so far as to say they were 'seemingly' educated - not the stereotypical wannabe thug in that respect.

Sounds like some of the United fans I know.....pack only black clothes, borrow dad's Mercedes to drive to the airport, fly to Milan with tickets thanks to Dad`s Golden Hospitality package, exaggerate already adopted Manchester accents, sing songs in a bar, each smash a beer glass, publically talk about it for weeks on facebook, plan next trip to London, brag about how big their police escourt was last time, secretly hope to not encounter any Millwall fans.........who of course are only playing that same game themselves anyway. :grin:

Sounds like some of the United fans I know.....pack only black clothes, borrow dad's Mercedes to drive to the airport, fly to Milan with tickets thanks to Dad`s Golden Hospitality package, exaggerate already adopted Manchester accents, sing songs in a bar, each smash a beer glass, publically talk about it for weeks on facebook, plan next trip to London, brag about how big their police escourt was last time, secretly hope to not encounter any Millwall fans.........who of course are only playing that same game themselves anyway. :grin:

Spot on Stitch - I had a conversation about it with a mate. We both remarked on the fact that they looked like the sort whose mummy and daddy had paid for the clothes. Seemed though they'd all been/go to a decent school (unlike myself :blush: ) and had somebody paying/making the arrangements for the minibus for away games et al.