Hopefully our season will be over Monday

The frustrating thing is we will get a point at Wall and people will bum sheridan again despite inept home performances against fodder, with a good manager we would be 2nd

Shez said at the start of the season he knew that if he didn't get promotion this season, he would be out of a job. That's the only motivation he needs to ensure we stay in the play-off places at least.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me it is becoming ever more apparant that shez is a mint coach, but a poor manager. ala stuart pearce.

He is no tactical genous is he... how could anyone possibly think its a good idea to put andrew liddell on at 2-0 to change the game, switch the worst player on the pitch from right to left when its clear he cant play there etc etc

I hope the season isn't over by Monday for your sake, Dean. Bearing in mind how depressed you get when we come away with a bad result, or even worse, sign a quality LB pn deadline day. who knows what state you'd be in if something bad actually did happen.

I actually hope we lose both games and Sheridan gets the chop and there is a massive clearout in summer. F off Liddell be a managers mate somewhere else, f off Windass and go to a health farm, F off highly rated Seb Hines, go and put the ball out 25 times for another team, F off Hughes go and get overpaid at Donny, F off Budtz go and kick set plays into touch at monkey hangers, F off Whittaker go and ghost around somewhere else and ultimately F off Sheridan go and be a tactical genious somewhere else No DANGER

lost your faith in latics then

I hope the season isn't over by Monday for your sake, Dean. Bearing in mind how depressed you get when we come away with a bad result, or even worse, sign a quality LB pn deadline day. who knows what state you'd be in if something bad actually did happen.

Id rather not make the play offs than lose in them, QPR was hard to take Blackpool was easy to take however as we were shown up by a better side

Id rather not make the play offs than lose in them, QPR was hard to take Blackpool was easy to take however as we were shown up by a better side

You have lost the plot mate.

Id rather get in the playoffs and lose than not be in the playoffs at all, simply because of the income it generates for the club.

I actually think Dean makes some good points, but maybe in a bit too harsh a way.

Yes Liddell has been a servant to the club, but so was Warne. He's done his best for the club, and now is not at his best. Not even coming off the bench. There are better in our squad, if the right team is picked in the first place.

Windass, now then. I agree he doesn't really run, and may look a bit on the bigger side and is getting on a bit in footballing terms. But he sees and plays some great balls. Balls that noone else would think to play. He should be playing, but he needs pace with him. I like him, but for his distribution, and he obviously loves playing football and enjoys himself. I think people need to realise that just cos he doesn't run around like a headless chicken doesn't mean he's not making an effort.

Hines, well I just don't see the point. Not really a need for him. I think all these short term loan players are just causing instability and rightly narking off permanent players that should be on the pitch instead.

Budzt, i think you are being a bit harsh. Some Poggy like kick outs, but we needed a keeper. I think Shez is just rewarding him for doing ok. But Fleming needs to come back in. Not just use Budzt cos he's here.

Whitaker, can't decide. Some times I like him, recently I think he loses a lot of possession. Doesn't seem to go forward as much. I wouldn't be as negative on him though.

Sheridan. We're in the playoffs, we can't sack him now. He has until the end of the season. We are doing what Latics always do, pooing it and not performing against the lower positioned teams. This needs addressing. There is obviously some kind of attitude in the club where we only put out against the top teams. This really needs sorting.

Well bearing in mind how gash we apparently are, we'll be well beat in any playoff semi final anyway so it will be easy to take.

Its not that im just peed off with poor home performances and the fact that we will get someting at Millwall and people will forget about oldham 0-2 gas

Its not that im just peed off with poor home performances and the fact that we got nothing at home to gas and people forget about oldham 4-3 millwall, leeds 0-2 oldham, oldham 2-0 mk dons, tranmere 0-1 oldham, oldham 3-0 scunthorpe, getting two points against leicester, oldham 3-1 stockport and a handful of crushing wins over the relegation fodder who apparently we always lose to.

See, I can do it too!

Why would you say that i knew someone would say it... look at our home record to poor/fodder/teams that any other promotion contender would beat 3-0

err because it's fact!!!

We're in the bottom 6 budgets in the division and the top 6 of the league. Despite last night's debacle, lets be honest times aren't bad for a side with our support / finances.

What do people expect ???!!!??

Do people believe we will be challenging in the Championship ? Not on your life, christ listening to everyone after the second home lost of a season ... I realy dread what would happen if we went up and were fighting off religation all season. Probally be down to less than 3K home fans at BP.

Sometimes I think Latic fans have been watching to much premiership and hanging around with their Manu mates ..... this is the third tier of the English league :wink:

err because it's fact!!!

We're in the bottom 6 budgets in the division and the top 6 of the league. Despite last night's debacle, lets be honest times aren't bad for a side with our support / finances.

Do people believe we will be challenging in the Championship ? Not on your life, christ listening to everyone after the second home lost of a season ... I realy dread what would happen if we went up and were fighting off religation all season. Probally be down to less than 3K home fans at BP.

Sometimes I think Latic fans have been watching to much premiership and hanging around with their Manu mates ..... this is the third tier of the English league :wink:

That bottom 6 budget thing has been blown out of the water Mark, it was at the cstart of the year but is now in the top 10.

Its not that im just peed off with poor home performances and the fact that we got nothing at home to gas and people forget about oldham 4-3 millwall, leeds 0-2 oldham, oldham 2-0 mk dons, tranmere 0-1 oldham, oldham 3-0 scunthorpe, getting two points against leicester, oldham 3-1 stockport and a handful of crushing wins over the relegation fodder who apparently we always lose to.

See, I can do it too!

Yeah, they're all great results, and all the more reason to be utterly pissed off when we contrive to piss it all up the wall by losing/drawing at home to all the bread an butter (or mediocre :censored:e) teams we've seen this season.

Yeah, they're all great results, and all the more reason to be utterly pissed off when we contrive to piss it all up the wall by losing/drawing at home to all the bread an butter (or mediocre :censored:e) teams we've seen this season.

Pissed off and frustrated, but reason to sack the manager?

Scunny are also going through a rough patch...and even lost 2-0 to Rovers just last week. If they were to sack Adkins now, we'd all be pishing ourselves laughing.

As mentioned on another thread, I know why people are upset and angry, but the reaction in places on here has been predictably ridiculous.

Pissed off and frustrated, but reason to sack the manager?

Scunny are also going through a rough patch...and even lost 2-0 to Rovers just last week. If they were to sack Adkins now, we'd all be pishing ourselves laughing.

As mentioned on another thread, I know why people are upset and angry, but the reaction in places on here has been predictably ridiculous.

No, not reason the sack the manager, it clear that he gets until May and then we reassess. I can completely, totally understand though why people are tearing their hair out over these issues though. Lets not forget, this isn't the first time we've put ourselves in a strong position and then contrived to screw it all up. Going top after beating Swansea (after sweeping all from before us), only to limp lamely into 6th on the last day of the season, and being laughably shown up by Blackpool in the playoffs.

err because it's fact!!!

And along with the diminished stature of the club comes diminished expectation from the fans, and the erosion of what little ambition ever existed at the club.

'I'm just glad we've still got a club to support...'

err because it's fact!!!

No, knobhead. Corney said last week or the week before we are in the top 10 in budget terms.

Go and support United.

No, knobhead. Corney said last week or the week before we are in the top 10 in budget terms.

Go and support United.

This "site" is becoming more and more like a school playground. Childish insults being passed from one person to the next, ludicrous comments and people making up things to suit their point, even though it's all utter fantasy.

Promotion rivals would beat these teams 3-0? Erm, like scunny who lost to the same team a week or so ago, and also lost last night?

And Derek's comments from last season when we were 12th in the league, yet he now feel the same way when we are 5th? Erm, does that make any sense at all? Being 7 places higher in the league suggests progress to me.