Hopefully our season will be over Monday

This "site" is becoming more and more like a school playground. Childish insults being passed from one person to the next, ludicrous comments and people making up things to suit their point, even though it's all utter fantasy.

Promotion rivals would beat these teams 3-0? Erm, like scunny who lost to the same team a week or so ago, and also lost last night?

And Derek's comments from last season when we were 12th in the league, yet he now feel the same way when we are 5th? Erm, does that make any sense at all? Being 7 places higher in the league suggests progress to me.

You're an utter fantasy! :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hope we lose both games and Sheridan gets the chop and there is a massive clearout in summer. F off Liddell be a managers mate somewhere else, f off Windass and go to a health farm, F off highly rated Seb Hines, go and put the ball out 25 times for another team, F off Hughes go and get overpaid at Donny, F off Budtz go and kick set plays into touch at monkey hangers, F off Whittaker go and ghost around somewhere else and ultimately F off Sheridan go and be a tactical genious somewhere else No DANGER

I note Andy Liddell is currently top of our assists table and joint second with Taylor in the goals table. He is just 10th in the starts table, and always 'takes care of the ball'. Maybe that's why Shez is so pally?

Quality counts, if only he wouldn't point. ^_^

This "site" is becoming more and more like a school playground. Childish insults being passed from one person to the next, ludicrous comments and people making up things to suit their point, even though it's all utter fantasy.

Promotion rivals would beat these teams 3-0? Erm, like scunny who lost to the same team a week or so ago, and also lost last night?

And Derek's comments from last season when we were 12th in the league, yet he now feel the same way when we are 5th? Erm, does that make any sense at all? Being 7 places higher in the league suggests progress to me.

A voice of sanity.

Being 7 places higher in the league suggests progress to me.

If we finish fifth then fair enough, but it's still February. Progress is only progress if you advance. Being in and around the top six or ten counts for nothing if that's where you stay, particularly when a reduced budget will almost certainly see a weaker squad for the forseeable. We failed with a strong squad under Dowie and we're failing with a strong squad under Sheridan (we've drawn and lost enough silly games which, had we won them, could have put us in second place, by Sheridan's own admission). That's why home crowds are down alarmingly.

If we finish fifth then fair enough, but it's still February. Progress is only progress if you advance. Being in and around the top six or ten counts for nothing if that's where you stay, particularly when a reduced budget will almost certainly see a weaker squad for the forseeable. We failed with a strong squad under Dowie and we're failing with a strong squad under Sheridan (we've drawn and lost enough silly games which, had we won them, could have put us in second place, by Sheridan's own admission). That's why home crowds are down alarmingly.

have you got anything to back up your theory of having a weaker squad with a weaker budget...

as for the last 3 seasons we havent had a season ticket price increase,crowds have been falling but we still manage to put out a decent team,with a half decent budget...

players comming to the end of contracts are offered a deal,if they dont like it they leave,simple.

Its not that im just peed off with poor home performances and the fact that we got nothing at home to gas and people forget about oldham 4-3 millwall, leeds 0-2 oldham, oldham 2-0 mk dons, tranmere 0-1 oldham, oldham 3-0 scunthorpe, getting two points against leicester, oldham 3-1 stockport and a handful of crushing wins over the relegation fodder who apparently we always lose to.

See, I can do it too!

BRILLIANT POST YOUNG SIR :imnotworthy:

ALL the FAITH i've been KEEPING for the last 30 years has just been taken to a whole new level

have you got anything to back up your theory of having a weaker squad with a weaker budget...

as for the last 3 seasons we havent had a season ticket price increase,crowds have been falling but we still manage to put out a decent team,with a half decent budget...

players comming to the end of contracts are offered a deal,if they dont like it they leave,simple.

I'd like to think you're correct, but a reduced budget is usually followed by a reduction in quality. The reason we've been able to put out an half-decent team is because TTA have put more money in than they will be doing when they cut the budget...

As I've already said, I can see a situation where the better players at this level are mopped up by the clubs that can afford them.

You're pissing in the wind mate... but you make an excellent point!

I can see a situation where there is a better standard of player finding themselves forced to sign for reduced terms.

As I said, we shall see. I suspect some will have to, but the better ones will be snapped up by the wealthier clubs, if only to be second-tier squad players.

I don't see how the result of all this won't see a drastic widening of the gulf between our level and the one above.

As I said, we shall see. I suspect some will have to, but the better ones will be snapped up by the wealthier clubs, if only to be second-tier squad players.

I don't see how the result of all this won't see a drastic widening of the gulf between our level and the one above.

I accept that we may be in a better financial position than many clubs at this level

:)

:)

So we might be, so it's said, in a better financial position than many other clubs at this level. But how does that mean that the gulf between this level and the one above won't grow? Or even that the wealtheir clubs at this level (usually the bigger of those that come down from the divison above) won't brush aside those who have to cut their budgets? How does it mean that this division won't be cdominated by relatively big clubs yo-yoing in and out of the division, with the rest of us making up the numbers?

So we might be, so it's said, in a better financial position than many other clubs at this level. But how does that mean that the gulf between this level and the one above won't grow? Or even that the wealtheir clubs at this level (usually the bigger of those that come down from the divison above) won't brush aside those who have to cut their budgets? How does it mean that this division won't be cdominated by relatively big clubs yo-yoing in and out of the division, with the rest of us making up the numbers?

Yeah 'cause it's not been like that for years... oh wait...

I do my best :D

Well I'm getting a little cheesed off with it to be honest,

"You're a knobhead" "Your a cnut" "Fkng :censored:e this" moan moan moan moan fkin moan. I come on here to have a debate and I get nothing else but teenagers giving it the schoolyard and dragging the good name of this board through the sodding mud.

Boy, I'm in no mood for this :censored:e tonight....

Well I'm getting a little cheesed off with it to be honest,

"You're a knobhead" "Your a cnut" "Fkng :censored:e this" moan moan moan moan fkin moan. I come on here to have a debate and I get nothing else but teenagers giving it the schoolyard and dragging the good name of this board through the sodding mud.

Boy, I'm in no mood for this :censored:e tonight....

Never thought of the Corporal as a teenager. :shock: