Hopefully our season will be over Monday

I actually hope we lose both games and Sheridan gets the chop and there is a massive clearout in summer. F off Liddell be a managers mate somewhere else, f off Windass and go to a health farm, F off highly rated Seb Hines, go and put the ball out 25 times for another team, F off Hughes go and get overpaid at Donny, F off Budtz go and kick set plays into touch at monkey hangers, F off Whittaker go and ghost around somewhere else and ultimately F off Sheridan go and be a tactical genious somewhere else No DANGER

Having not looked further than this post,I have to agree with Dean.

If you don't like it i don't care,last night was :censored:e and i can't see it getting any better

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A debate it is not... CJ is spouting the usual and I'm being childish 'cause, like you, I'm in no mood for it.

Some people can only respond to what they know to be true but refuse to acknowledge with a juvenile blend of hostility towards the messenger and incoherent and facile optimism.

Ackey here isn't even the worst example.

And Derek's comments from last season when we were 12th in the league, yet he now feel the same way when we are 5th? Erm, does that make any sense at all? Being 7 places higher in the league suggests progress to me.

It isn't meant to suggest anything about progress Nige.

Disappointing form this time last year cost us a play-off spot, despite many fans predicting a play-off position was in our grasp. I couldn't see where it was coming from at all last year and again don't see it happening this season.

Throughout Sheridans' tenureship we have perenially shocking in the post Christmas period. February seems to be the month where one thing in the last three years has been nailed on - the team choke whilst under pressure.

Now this season we may be in a play off spot because the league is of a poorer overall quality than it was last, it may be that our excellent start has kept us in a position of false security for longer than it normally would have - but the real intent of my post was to illustrate that the same mistakes are happening again and again, season upon season.

Players playing out of their skins one game and then playing like pissed up Sunday League players only a matter of days later. The team and formations are being chopped and changed with an alarming regularity and the gaffer, sorry Shez, doesn't seem to have the slightest inkling what to do about it.

All I see for us this season taking recent performances into account, is a gradual slip away from the play off places and ultimately another season in this god awful league.

People are fed up of the stagnation - that's why we can't attract new fans and why sections of our hardcore support are questioning what the hell is going on yet again.

Something needs to change and I am as sure as sure can be that one game in a pink kit won't be the solution to our annual post Xmas malaise.

Derek.

Disappointing form this time last year cost us a play-off spot, despite many fans predicting a play-off position was in our grasp. I couldn't see where it was coming from at all last year and again don't see it happening this season.

Throughout Sheridans' tenureship we have perenially shocking in the post Christmas period. February seems to be the month where one thing in the last three years has been nailed on - the team choke whilst under pressure.

Now this season we may be in a play off spot because the league is of a poorer overall quality than it was last, it may be that our excellent start has kept us in a position of false security for longer than it normally would have - but the real intent of my post was to illustrate that the same mistakes are happening again and again, season upon season.

Players playing out of their skins one game and then playing like pissed up Sunday League players only a matter of days later. The team and formations are being chopped and changed with an alarming regularity and the gaffer, sorry Shez, doesn't seem to have the slightest inkling what to do about it.

All I see for us this season taking recent performances into account, is a gradual slip away from the play off places and ultimately another season in this god awful league.

People are fed up of the stagnation - that's why we can't attract new fans and why sections of our hardcore support are questioning what the hell is going on yet again.

Something needs to change and I am as sure as sure can be that one game in a pink kit won't be the solution to our annual post Xmas malaise.

Derek.

Nail on the head.

Haven't you got somebody to report to your fellow mods, Mr Sensitivity?

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

haven't you got another thread to highjack with the same old same old. If you believe the team won't exsist much longer, can't you move onto supporting another team now and leave us all along to suffer in silence.

:laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

haven't you got another thread to highjack with the same old same old. If you believe the team won't exsist much longer, can't you move onto supporting another team now and leave us all along to suffer in silence.

I could never support another club. That's why what happens at this one concerns me. Having said that, I haven't suggested that this club won't exist much longer, but that failure to progress (in the real sense of the word, not by finishing seventh instead of eighth, or only losing 4-2 on aggregate in the play-off semis instead of 5-2) will see it shrink in stature even further, to a level from which it will never be able to seriously recover. This process is likely to see the club, along with many others, eventually go part-time.

Does anybody notice the pattern here? 'If you voice the slightest doubt about what's happening, face the usual kind of whinnying complaints from the usual crowd of hollow happy clappers and go support another club.'

Oh, and I don't think my nerves can stand another does of rolling-in-laughter smilies. Including them really put me in my place.

Does anybody notice the pattern here? 'If you voice the slightest doubt about what's happening, face the usual kind of whinnying complaints from the usual crowd of hollow happy clappers and go support another club.'

Please, the rolling laughting men are the TOPS

Yes the so called happy clappers don't like when someone rocks the boat. But Corp 1000+ posts saying the same thing is enough! We heard your point months and months ago, it was debated ... but what you tend to do is find an angle on every post to ram you point home and someone always bites ................ opps you got me!!!!

Personally I believe we have already found our level in league one. So be it

Please, the rolling laughting men are the TOPS

Yes the so called happy clappers don't like when someone rocks the boat. But Corp 1000+ posts saying the same thing is enough! We heard your point months and months ago, it was debated ... but what you tend to do is find an angle on every post to ram you point home and someone always bites ................ opps you got me!!!!

Personally I believe we have already found our level in league one. So be it

Can you point out to me where it says in the rules of this forum that there is a limit to how many times cetain points can be made? Strangely enough, the same is never said regarding the endlessly repeated happy clappery and general denial of reality.

The moral of the tale: when the same problems persist, you're likely to get the same comments on them.

Bye for now.

Derek.

I was told that a loan player from Blackpool thought that Sheridan let the younger players get carried away with the P word in 2007. Some players were talking as if promotion was a formality. He (the on-loan player) thought that was a reason for our dwindling form into the play-offs...

Not logged on for a bit, kind of knew what the state of the board would be.

Still I'd like to add one thing to this thread:

Anybody who says they want Latics to lose a game, and for that matter anybody who agrees with them, is NOT a Latics fan simple as. I don't care how many games you go to, how long you've been going saying you want us to lose nullifies everything.

Never in 33 years have I ever wanted us to lose a game, at any level, ever, and the day I do I'll pack up supporting the club.

Its pathetic, period.

Id rather not make the play offs than lose in them, QPR was hard to take Blackpool was easy to take however as we were shown up by a better side

So what you're saying is if we can't guarantee getting automatic promotion in any season, regardless of who is the manager, you would prefer it if we finished between 7th and 20th and were not in with a 50/50 chance of a trip to Wembley. I suppose you would tolerate a trip to Wembley, surrounded by Reds and lazer Blues with their Latics-supporting mates, and paying ticket booking fees, only if a win could be guaranteed.

The trouble is life's a pitch, it's not like that.

Anybody who says they want Latics to lose a game, and for that matter anybody who agrees with them, is NOT a Latics fan simple as. I don't care how many games you go to, how long you've been going saying you want us to lose nullifies everything.

Never in 33 years have I ever wanted us to lose a game, at any level, ever, and the day I do I'll pack up supporting the club.

Its pathetic, period.

Absolutely Spot on.

Its pathetic, period.

To be honest Stipey. It's people like you posting even every now and again which keeps me reading through most of the dirge on here. Nice, balancing post and in every way correct.

Can we move on from this pointless bunfight.

Its pathetic, period.

great post but spoiled by the Americanism at the end.

To be honest Stipey. It's people like you posting even every now and again which keeps me reading through most of the dirge on here. Nice, balancing post and in every way correct.

Can we move on from this pointless bunfight.

I fear this pointless bunfight will run and run FMS, and will become more and more pointless as the years pass, no matter who manages the club.

I blame Sky and for that matter all the other channels, from Andy Gray and his tactics board to the nauseatingly tedious and overblown analysis on MoD. Everybody is an expert now, everybody knows better than every manager at every club in the land. What narks me most is that most of these experts filling folks heads with their tactical footballing insight haven't even had the balls to become a manager, Gray Hansen & Shearer are perfect examples.

Football is a simple game, good things happen, utter garbage happens, players lose form and make mistakes. Teams play well one half crap the next, its been the same for 130 years hasn't it? The only difference is nobody has an ounce of patience these days, good job Shez hasn't got this record of seasons finishes:

7th (but with Frizz's players some might say)

19th (20th would mean relegation)

14th

8th

3rd (missed out in play offs)

10th

16th

8th (but we can let him off for this one!!)

1st

Joe Royle wouldn't have gotten to the first set of play offs these days. Oh and for those who weren't around back then. If you really think its dire now, sitting 5th in the table and all that I'd really like to transport you back to 83 -85, then you'd appreciate the real meaning of the word dire. Oh and thats dire playing under the clueless, or should that now be god like, Joe Royle.

Edited by StipeTripe

I fear this pointless bunfight will run and run FMS, and will become more and more pointless as the years pass, no matter who manages the club.

I blame Sky and for that matter all the other channels, from Andy Gray and his tactics board to the nauseatingly tedious and overblown analysis on MoD. Everybody is an expert now, everybody knows better than every manager at every club in the land. What narks me most is that most of these experts filling folks heads with their tactical footballing insight haven't even had the balls to become a manager, Gray Hansen & Shearer are perfect examples.

Football is a simple game, good things happen, utter garbage happens, players lose form and make mistakes. Teams play well one half crap the next, its been the same for 130 years hasn't it? The only difference is nobody has an ounce of patience these days, good job Shez hasn't got this record of seasons finishes:

7th (but with Frizz's players some might say)

19th (20th would mean relegation)

14th

8th

3rd (missed out in play offs)

10th

16th

8th (but we can let him off for this one!!)

1st

Joe Royle wouldn't have gotten to the first set of play offs these days. Oh and for those who weren't around back then. If you really think its dire now, sitting 5th in the table and all that I'd really like to transport you back to 83 -85, then you'd appreciate the real meaning of the word dire. Oh and thats dire playing under the clueless, or should that now be god like, Joe Royle.

Blimey Stipey, next you will be charting the progress, extolling the virtues and berating the critics of one Ronald Moore - footballing genius.

Now you never wanted to see the back of him did ya? :wink:

Before anyone starts - this isn't a Shez out post - I am still undecided. His lack of positive decisiveness frustrates the hell out of me but he is one of our own and he deserves to be cut a little more slack than the braindead of the Wirral.

Derek.

Blimey Stipey, next you will be charting the progress, extolling the virtues and berating the critics of one Ronald Moore - footballing genius.

Now you never wanted to see the back of him did ya? :wink:

Before anyone starts - this isn't a Shez out post - I am still undecided. His lack of positive decisiveness frustrates the hell out of me but he is one of our own and he deserves to be cut a little more slack than the braindead of the Wirral.

Derek.

Hang on Derek, there's some of our lot who wanted Ronnie burnt at the stake by November...

As much as i'm grateful for his 10 years service, I am as equally as frustrated with Shez he has had 2 2/3 seasons to learn from his mistakes, whether he has made progress as a manager during that time i'm not sure as he is still making the same ones almost 3 years on and still has a problem with signing players for the sheer hell of it! He has taken Ronnie's 10th place and established us in the top 10. That i'm grateful for, can he take us onto the next step - i'm convinced no.

Stipey - as :censored:e as we were under Royle, we always tried to play football (well up to August '92 anyway), our peformances under Shez have degenerated into the random, toothless disjointed crap we saw under Freddie Boswell.

Shez gets more slack as Derek says "he's one of our own." He has, but it is time to deliver, the players are good enough (if the poor lambs want it enough) is the manager and does he want it enough? Is Shez the mirror image of his career asd a player - top half side with Leeds, one failed Play Off campaign, they get rid bring in Strachan - walk the League. Ok he gets promoted with Sheff Wed and scores the winner in a cup-final but although a top 10 Prem side (when money wasn't the issue it is now) they could never push on a level, despite reaching more cup-finals? Despite his relative successful playing career is he able to instil the correct mentality that would see us home? Or will he, like in his playing days be forever to fall just short of achieving honours?

Edited by oafcprozac

Hang on Derek, there's some of our lot who wanted Ronnie burnt at the stake by November...

I will put a pic on next time Paul. The arrow will be pointing directly to a tongue shaped protusion in my cheek. :wink:

For the record, why November? It took me 2 minutes to decide he wasn't the man for us.

Derek.

For the record, why November? It took me 2 minutes to decide he wasn't the man for us.

Derek.

Might have been October actually after the Barnsley debacle - that's how long Lincoln Boy got!

Now I think of it I think there were rumblings at Tranmere when we got tonked there in August!