Hopefully our season will be over Monday

Hang on Derek, there's some of our lot who wanted Ronnie burnt at the stake by November...

Stipey - as :censored:e as we were under Royle, we always tried to play football (well up to August '92 anyway),

Sorry but you're wrong there.

DW surprised it took you 2 minutes to decide the clueless cardboard cut out shouldn't be here.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, the rolling laughting men are the TOPS

Yes the so called happy clappers don't like when someone rocks the boat. But Corp 1000+ posts saying the same thing is enough! We heard your point months and months ago, it was debated ... but what you tend to do is find an angle on every post to ram you point home and someone always bites ................ opps you got me!!!!

Personally I believe we have already found our level in league one. So be it

Are you seriously ok with Latics staying in League One Mark?

I believe our level is the Championship - we don't have the fan base or money for the Prem.

Are you seriously ok with Latics staying in League One Mark?

I believe our level is the Championship - we don't have the fan base or money for the Prem.

The attitude that we have 'found our level in League One' will eventually see us in League Two. As we struggle to make an impact in that Division in our ground share with League One neighbours Rochdale, the very same people will be bleating that we have 'found our level in League Two.'

The reason we have a shrinking fan base and income is because the Oldham public, who, like anybody, can watch Premier League football from the comfort of the barstool or armchair, and a significant proportion of the hardcore fanbase suspect, rightly or wrongly, that the club secretly shares Mark's attitude.

The reason we have a shrinking fan base and income is because the Oldham public, who, like anybody, can watch Premier League football from the comfort of the barstool or armchair, and a significant proportion of the hardcore fanbase suspect, rightly or wrongly, that the club secretly shares Mark's attitude.

i wish your sentences would shrink like our status.

I agree that the Premiership wouldbe a tall order now, but didn't fanbases and income used to be expanded with ongoing success?

I agree with you to an extent but I think our fan base will always be limited to less than 20,000 by our proximity to Manchester and never enough to provide the income to sustain a prolonged period in the Premiership. The chance of promotion doesn't seem to bring the extra fans to BP (an example was the 86-87 season) - they seem to prefer cup runs, esp. the FA Cup. That said Hull somehow managed it (and I think TTA were linked with them at one point). I was shocked at how our attendances surged in 1990-92 but I believe the returning popularity of football (England WC semis, Gazza tears, etc.) was a major factor in this. And I couldn't believe who I would see at BP, for example my mate's sister and her kids. The cost is now prohibitive for a lot of people, due to all-seater rules from the, somewhat necessary, Taylor Report eliminating the cheaper terracing areas.

My perception is that income from attendances is not enough for the average club to stay in the Prem and so clubs need some rich "benefactor" to provide the necessary funds. I don't have the facts to back this up as I don't have enough of an interest in the Prem, esp the lower end of the table.

This may be seen as pessimism by some but I am somewhere in the middle of the Happy Clapper - Doom & Gloomer scale. I think the Championship would be the best level for us, especially with the number of NW clubs in that league, with the occasional stab at promotion to the Prem. But I am not happy to accept that League One is our level.

Edited by martjs

The attitude that we have 'found our level in League One' will eventually see us in League Two. As we struggle to make an impact in that Division in our ground share with League One neighbours Rochdale, the very same people will be bleating that we have 'found our level in League Two.'

So, if we were in the championship and accepted that as our level, would that lead to us dropping in to this league? I think that's a nice line but it doesn't really have any basis in reality. Add in the ground share and you're really into the fantasy zone.

So, go on, explain how it works?

I actually hope we lose both games and Sheridan gets the chop and there is a massive clearout in summer. F off Liddell be a managers mate somewhere else, f off Windass and go to a health farm, F off highly rated Seb Hines, go and put the ball out 25 times for another team, F off Hughes go and get overpaid at Donny, F off Budtz go and kick set plays into touch at monkey hangers, F off Whittaker go and ghost around somewhere else and ultimately F off Sheridan go and be a tactical genious somewhere else No DANGER

You should be on stage mate. I haven't laughed so much in ages :laught16:

3 seasons with a manager with zero experience at the start and every season we flirt with the play offs rather than relegation. What planet are you on?????

According to the rumours our budget places us 18th. No idea whether that's true but Shez has done a good job. Who the hell would replace him anyroad?

Not logged on for a bit, kind of knew what the state of the board would be.

Still I'd like to add one thing to this thread:

Anybody who says they want Latics to lose a game, and for that matter anybody who agrees with them, is NOT a Latics fan simple as. I don't care how many games you go to, how long you've been going saying you want us to lose nullifies everything.

Never in 33 years have I ever wanted us to lose a game, at any level, ever, and the day I do I'll pack up supporting the club.

Its pathetic, period.

Amen to that! :wink:

I actually hope we lose both games and Sheridan gets the chop and there is a massive clearout in summer. F off Liddell be a managers mate somewhere else, f off Windass and go to a health farm, F off highly rated Seb Hines, go and put the ball out 25 times for another team, F off Hughes go and get overpaid at Donny, F off Budtz go and kick set plays into touch at monkey hangers, F off Whittaker go and ghost around somewhere else and ultimately F off Sheridan go and be a tactical genious somewhere else No DANGER

Am I correct in thinking you went to Millwall? You've been silent since the victory and I wonder whether you still want us to lose tonight?

It isn't true, and has been true at no stage of the season.

FFS......

If it was a bottom six budget before Christmas, why did everybody seem to agree pre-season that this was the best budget for years; the best we could possibly hope for, in fact?

Why did we start the season with a stronger squad than most in the division, consisting of certain players who will certainly not come cheap, if we were in the bottom six budget-wise?

Some garbage being talked about budgets this season, I'm afraid.

Don't know - all I can say is that Hughes is on a much lesser wage than a player of his calibre would normally command. So in effect Shez had a small budget with a 'free' Lee Hughes.

I can only credit Shez for assembling such a strong, expensive looking squad on such a small budget.

You're talking garbage. I can't fathom why TTA would let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. You have been know to point out what able businessmen they are - I mean what would that do for the endless attempts to attract more fans? They wouldn't let such false news out, hence why they moved to confirm the budget is no longer so small as soon as they could!! Why would they have ever been short changing themselves?

John Sheridan - He'll get you into the top six on a shoe-string, or the top 8 with a youth team and no subs bench. However he may say 'no danger' in a meaningless interview, and he isn't arsed about the players using his nickname. :angry:

TTA didn't let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. John Sheridan claimed it in an interview. If I remember correctly, many supporters questioned this on here, leading to TTA refuting it, although it seems that it's now being spun to suggest retrospectively that we had a small budget before Christmas-something we were not led to believe at the time, hence the general agreement on here that it was likely the best budget we could possibly hope for. As I said, some garbage being talked about budgets this season.

Incorrect.

The justification of Shez was a relevant contribution to the thread, hence the larger gap I left - maybe the corp could one day make a similar contribution?

No reply.......

:rolleyes:

You offered no further explanation to my challenge and now just proceed to make the same accustation on another thread two days later, but this time as if it's a fact. :rolleyes:

The claim statement has been made in a good few Latics World interviews by Sheridan, Liddell and Gregan, not to mention the owners, as well as being printed in the programme at least twice.

Anyway, you crack on. At least the record has skipped.

I went Millwall no danger and i do want us to win tonight, i was frustrated as anyone last week and it is wins like at Millwall which makes it even more frustrating considering how we can win there and lose at home to gas. If we could beat the poor teams we would be 2nd no danger of that

So, if we were in the championship and accepted that as our level, would that lead to us dropping in to this league? I think that's a nice line but it doesn't really have any basis in reality. Add in the ground share and you're really into the fantasy zone.

So, go on, explain how it works?

It might. It all depends on how ambitious a club is. Basically you end up being where you want to be.

The ground share jibe was facetious, I admit, but not entirely unfeasible if you consider the likely effects of a prolonged and deep recession on the stadium project. Haven't we always accepted that it is the only chance for the club to become financially independent? Do you remember the club official who spoke at the Port Vale game after the ground protest, who admitted that there is no future in lower divsion football in a dated, deteriorating stadium, or words to that effect?

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Feb 28 2009, 14:27 PM)

It isn't true, and has been true at no stage of the season.

FFS......

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Feb 26 2009, 12:37 PM)

If it was a bottom six budget before Christmas, why did everybody seem to agree pre-season that this was the best budget for years; the best we could possibly hope for, in fact?

Why did we start the season with a stronger squad than most in the division, consisting of certain players who will certainly not come cheap, if we were in the bottom six budget-wise?

Some garbage being talked about budgets this season, I'm afraid.

QUOTE (Stitch_KTF @ Feb 26 2009, 13:02 PM)

Don't know - all I can say is that Hughes is on a much lesser wage than a player of his calibre would normally command. So in effect Shez had a small budget with a 'free' Lee Hughes.

I can only credit Shez for assembling such a strong, expensive looking squad on such a small budget.

You're talking garbage. I can't fathom why TTA would let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. You have been know to point out what able businessmen they are - I mean what would that do for the endless attempts to attract more fans? They wouldn't let such false news out, hence why they moved to confirm the budget is no longer so small as soon as they could!! Why would they have ever been short changing themselves?

John Sheridan - He'll get you into the top six on a shoe-string, or the top 8 with a youth team and no subs bench. However he may say 'no danger' in a meaningless interview, and he isn't arsed about the players using his nickname.

QUOTE (Corporal_Jones @ Feb 26 2009, 13:13 PM)

TTA didn't let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. John Sheridan claimed it in an interview. If I remember correctly, many supporters questioned this on here, leading to TTA refuting it, although it seems that it's now being spun to suggest retrospectively that we had a small budget before Christmas-something we were not led to believe at the time, hence the general agreement on here that it was likely the best budget we could possibly hope for. As I said, some garbage being talked about budgets this season.

QUOTE (Stitch_KTF @ Feb 26 2009, 13:29 PM)

Incorrect.

The justification of Shez was a relevant contribution to the thread, hence the larger gap I left - maybe the corp could one day make a similar contribution?

QUOTE (Stitch_KTF @ Feb 26 2009, 15:35 PM)

No reply.......

You offered no further explanation to my challenge and now just proceed to make the same accustation on another thread two days later, but this time as if it's a fact.

The claim statement has been made in a good few Latics World interviews by Sheridan, Liddell and Gregan, not to mention the owners, as well as being printed in the programme at least twice.

--------------------

Shez - Damned If He Does, Damned If He Doesn't

You offered no further explanation to my challenge and now just proceed to make the same accustation on another thread two days later, but this time as if it's a fact. :rolleyes:

You are free to believe whatever nonsense you are told, Stitch.

I went Millwall no danger and i do want us to win tonight, i was frustrated as anyone last week and it is wins like at Millwall which makes it even more frustrating considering how we can win there and lose at home to gas. If we could beat the poor teams we would be 2nd no danger of that

Good man :wink:

You are free to believe whatever nonsense you are told, Stitch.

And you are seemingly unable to suggest an explanation for.......

I can't fathom why TTA would let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. You have been know to point out what able businessmen they are - I mean what would that do for the endless attempts to attract more fans? They wouldn't let such false news out, hence why they moved to confirm the budget is no longer so small as soon as they could!! Why would they have ever been short changing themselves?

To me that would be none sense.....

:rolleyes: