Windass to be Recalled?

Which ones? Nothing in the Yorkshire Post.

Highly improbable anyway. Brown didn't rate Windass for the Prem and can't see thsat he'll have changed his mind.

what? Not even his superb recent performances? Maybe brown had a scout at yeovil which obviously would have changed his mind, or perhaps he needs a sub-keeper? :wink::unsure: :unsure:

In his first game Windass worked really hard and was different class. Leicester was a legendary performance in the second half, but in his own words, if he hadn't gone in goal he would have been subbed, so he had nothing to lose. In recent games he's looked disinterested and his cultured flicks, passes and chest-downs from that opening game, have become half-hearted efforts.

He does not look as though he is up for the fight of raising an average third Division team to that next level needed to get promotion. The media speculation about him possibly going back to help out Hull will just make him more unsettled, with his mind nowhere near being on the job.

Hull must be in a really bad way to consider recalling him.

I have seen a player who has adapted his role to one of a stationary "flicker on". Bring back O'Grady the MEN gave glowing reports about his recent matches for Stockport.

I would rather see "our" team with "our" players in rather all of these loan players. Eardley and Lomax for me.

Hull must be in a really bad way to consider recalling him.

I have seen a player who has adapted his role to one of a stationary "flicker on". Bring back O'Grady the MEN gave glowing reports about his recent matches for Stockport.

I would rather see "our" team with "our" players in rather all of these loan players. Eardley and Lomax for me.

Couldn't agree more.

I cannot see Windass being recalled unless he asks himself. Even then it would be in the knowledge he wouldn't get a sniff at Hull. I have to say his first game gave a great deal of hope. Not with his running, but his vision, flicks, headers and passing. Sadly the amounts per game have dwindled. I fear Windass very soon will have to accept his playing days are over.

EDIT: I've decided to add................he as been unlucky not to have more goals to his name mind whilst here. Hit the woodwork a good few times and had line clearances. In fact he's had more near goals the any other player during his spell.

Edited by Lags

"Windass joined Oldham in League One for first-team action but Hull chief Brian Horton watched him in midweek as the Tigers weigh up a surprise early return."

watched him or any of the 21 other players there?

and if it was windass,judging on tues night performance,he's here till end of season.

Horton was probably watching Lambert in paticular.

Hasn't he signed a loan contract until the end of the season...I might be wrong but I don't think they can take him until May.

1 goal in 9 games suggests that surely he should drop to the bench for a spell and let the much more mobile Lewi take his rightful place alongside Hughes. Yes there have been all too brief flashes of brilliance and circus moments too. The fact is we have failed to score in 5 of his nine games here - that highlights the problem - a lack of movement, yes he's an old man but we need people to move to the ball not stand stationary waiting for it to come to him. I don't dispute he has been quality in the past but his impact the Stockport game and his very good header v the Cobblers apart his impact for me has been to the detriment of the team. We have two flying wingers who despite our poor form are putting plenty of balls in but our immobility sees cross after cross go begging. There were at least two or three the other night that may have been converted had our movement been better.

OFFICIALS at the Football Association have poured cold water on speculation that Dean Windass could be recalled by Hull City.

Windass is currently on-loan at league One side Oldham, but has been linked with a return to the Tigers as they fight against the drop.

With the Tigers now just six points off the Premier League drop zone, the 39-year-old striker has even spoken of his desire to return to the KC Stadium.

But the Mail has contacted the FA to clarify the situation and have been told he cannot be recalled under the terms of a season-long loan deal.

Officials at Soho Square said Windass would be allowed to return to the KC, but he would not be allowed to feature for the first team.

"Under the terms of a season-long loan deal, the only period when a player can be recalled to play for their parent club is in the January transfer window" an FA spokesman told the Mail.

OFFICIALS at the Football Association have poured cold water on speculation that Dean Windass could be recalled by Hull City.

Windass is currently on-loan at league One side Oldham, but has been linked with a return to the Tigers as they fight against the drop.

With the Tigers now just six points off the Premier League drop zone, the 39-year-old striker has even spoken of his desire to return to the KC Stadium.

But the Mail has contacted the FA to clarify the situation and have been told he cannot be recalled under the terms of a season-long loan deal.

Officials at Soho Square said Windass would be allowed to return to the KC, but he would not be allowed to feature for the first team.

"Under the terms of a season-long loan deal, the only period when a player can be recalled to play for their parent club is in the January transfer window" an FA spokesman told the Mail.

He's going to be about as popular as a pork chop in a Synagogue now unless he redeems himself with a brace against Millwall and a Hattrick against the White rose