Promotion according to Shez

...a new keeper and two left backs in on loan. To equal the balance I definitely need a right sider as well. And just to be safe a winger who can play both on the left and right. I know I've had a few strikers already, I know they've all been bobbins, and I know I've one here at the moment...he's good in the dressing room though...but please trust me, we're desperate for this one. Think that covers it. What do you mean centre midfield? We've Mark and Danny.

Pathetic Shez.

It's a damn right shame the powers that be sanctioning all of these loans are failing to look at the real problem area, and that's the clown in charge who is clearly being shown up more and more with every delve into the market. Other managers would kill for a crack with this squad.

Now you've reviewed every position Shez how about looking at your own and admitting that you just aint up to it.

E4e

JSOUT

...a new keeper and two left backs in on loan. To equal the balance I definitely need a right sider as well. And just to be safe a winger who can play both on the left and right. I know I've had a few strikers already, I know they've all been bobbins, and I know I've one here at the moment...he's good in the dressing room though...but please trust me, we're desperate for this one. Think that covers it. What do you mean centre midfield? We've Mark and Danny.

Pathetic Shez.

It's a damn right shame the powers that be sanctioning all of these loans are failing to look at the real problem area, and that's the clown in charge who is clearly being shown up more and more with every delve into the market. Other managers would kill for a crack with this squad.

Now you've reviewed every position Shez how about looking at your own and admitting that you just aint up to it.

E4e

JSOUT

It's like championship manager at the moment at BP, thought Wadsworth was mad...the truth is out there - all will be revealed in May. The three strikers Shez has signed on loan so far this season have all been pretty poor in terms of a goal return, summat like 2 goals in 22 appearances. Hopefully Kabba will click, I truly do hope so in the context of our 'promotion' campaign.

You have to feel, that with Windass' recent comments regarding his returning to Hull, he will be gone sooner, rather than later. in which case, this is one loan signing that is probably justified. I just hope this one pays dividends.

This situation could have been prevented had we persevered with Alessandra/Hughes up front and not got rid of Davies.

Just a thought. :)

Hull Fans

Edited by TrikkiNikki

Pathetic Shez.

E4e

JSOUT

Stop beating around the bush and tell us what you want mate!

Derek.

You have to feel, that with Windass' recent comments regarding his returning to Hull, he will be gone sooner, rather than later.

I think that would be a shame. But he hasn't lived up to early promise.

in which case, this is one loan signing that is probably justified. I just hope this one pays dividends.

Me too. But how many not quite fit 'experienced' strikers can we sign on loan in a season and expect to settle in to the team immediately?

This situation could have been prevented had we persevered with Alessandra/Hughes up front

So bloody right. I think LA would have come on big time this season with a run in the first team.

and not got rid of Davies.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a working relationship isn't right and do something about it. While I suspect it's 9 of one and 3 of the other, a parting of the ways is good for Shez, good for Davies and good for us.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a working relationship isn't right and do something about it. While I suspect it's 9 of one and 3 of the other, a parting of the ways is good for Shez, good for Davies and good for us.

Or it is a sign of poor and weak management - especially when you don't have a ready made replacement.

Or it is a sign of poor and weak management - especially when you don't have a ready made replacement.

Poor management? Maybe. We don't really know what went on, although we do know Davies has form for erm doing silly things.

Weak management? Shifting somebody out of the club doesn't look weak to me.

Pathetic Shez.

E4e

JSOUT

I wish you were the Latics manager. <_<

I wish you were the Latics manager. <_<

So do I. He appears to have noticed the problems that JS refuses to look at.

Or we could all take the stance that Shez is the Messiah and can do no wrong. He is still learning and will eventually correct at least one of his many failings, and he has taken us to a play off spot (Which we are about to cede to our rivals at the current rate we are amassing points).

The squad he had built at the start of the season were good enough to go up automatically - no amount of loanees are going to change the fact that stubborness, inability to make tactical substitutions, failing to command respect from your players, allowing rivals to further their position by using your strikers, knocking the confidence of players, verbally abusing the people who pay your wages, allowing countless yellow cards for dissent to influence who you have available, and a complete failure to say anything inspiring to players during play will all contribute to a team that will almost certainly underachieve season after season.

Never mind. TTA will still be around when we are down to less than 3000 crowds won't they?

It's a damn right shame the powers that be sanctioning all of these loans are failing to look at the real problem area

Maybe, as TTA are obviously fully backing Mr Sheridan with their own hard earned cash they don't see any problem area, real or otherwise.

Just a though like.

So do I. He appears to have noticed the problems that JS refuses to look at.

Or we could all take the stance that Shez is the Messiah and can do no wrong. He is still learning and will eventually correct at least one of his many failings, and he has taken us to a play off spot (Which we are about to cede to our rivals at the current rate we are amassing points).

The squad he had built at the start of the season were good enough to go up automatically - no amount of loanees are going to change the fact that stubborness, inability to make tactical substitutions, failing to command respect from your players, allowing rivals to further their position by using your strikers, knocking the confidence of players, verbally abusing the people who pay your wages, allowing countless yellow cards for dissent to influence who you have available, and a complete failure to say anything inspiring to players during play will all contribute to a team that will almost certainly underachieve season after season.

Never mind. TTA will still be around when we are down to less than 3000 crowds won't they?

If you believed that then no wonder you are not enjoying this season as you had set your sights far too high. What are you basing we have a squad good enough to get up automatically on? The fact that the players are Oldham players so they MUST be better than the opposition as we should win every game.

Id say we have got a squad good enough to challenge for the play offs. Thats what I thought at the start of the season. Thats whats happening now.

Maybe, as TTA are obviously fully backing Mr Sheridan with their own hard earned cash they don't see any problem area, real or otherwise.

Just a though like.

An apparent promotion chasing team with more loans than an SU bar attracting sub 4,000 crowds? No problem?

E4e

JSOUT

An apparent promotion chasing team with more loans than an SU bar attracting sub 4,000 crowds? No problem?

E4e

JSOUT

Sorry must have written it in Serbo Croat first time, there put it in English this time, hope that makes it clearer!

I find it funny that you want shez out, he has been constant finishing 6th an 8th and were up there again this season, were not like other clubs who have one good season and then nearly get relegated, every season we have a good squad with quality through out, were not in administration were at the right end of the table and were playing good football why is every one being negative he's only been managing for 3 years as well things could be a hell of a lot worse so to question his choice in players and his and the tta's ideas is wrong in my opinion

OK to post a serious reply to Niks post.

Shez has been, and I fear he will always be, a bit 'kid in a sweetshop' when it comes to loan signings.

There are players that become available with reputations and he just seems to jump in both feet first without thinking.

We must be on ten this season now, and only one has done anything positive for the team in my opinion - that's DJ. The rest have been a progression of journeymen looking for a bit of a career revival or a last payday. quick edit to add: other teams kids that seem to have absolutely no interest in playing football given the performances seen so far.

I'm sure Prozac will be able to run up a list of loanees we have taken on by my return to the internet on Sunday night, but it would be interesting to see who Shez has signed on loan during his time as a permanent manager.

Personally I can only think of Bertrand that has had any added value other than DJ. Maybe a couple of keepers when we have been in dire straights.

Certainly the last striker we had on loan with added value was Beckett (Ronnie?) and the last midfielders that consistently added value were Kilkenny (spit!) in his first spell and Crofty under Talbot.

With the midfield quality that he had as a player it always surprises me that Shez has picked a stream of duck eggs as loanees for us in his preferential position. Jarrett was mediocre but probably the best of a shocking bunch.

Thoughts?

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

OK to post a serious reply to Niks post.

Shez has been, and I fear he will always be, a bit 'kid in a sweetshop' when it comes to loan signings.

There are players that become available with reputations and he just seems to jump in both feet first without thinking.

We must be on ten this season now, and only one has done anything positive for the team in my opinion - that's DJ. The rest have been a progression of journeymen looking for a bit of a career revival or a last payday.

I'm sure Prozac will be able to run up a list of loanees we have taken on by my return to the internet on Sunday night, but it would be interesting to see who Shez has signed on loan during his time as a permanent manager.

Personally I can only think of Bertrand that has had any added value other than DJ. Maybe a couple of keepers when we have been in dire straights.

Certainly the last striker we had on loan with added value was Beckett (Ronnie?) and the last midfielders that consistently added value were Kilkenny (spit!) in his first spell and Crofty under Talbot.

With the midfield quality that he had as a player it always surprises me that Shez has picked a stream of duck eggs as loanees for us in his preferential position. Jarrett was mediocre but probably the best of a shocking bunch.

Thoughts?

Derek.

Malongo

Howarth

Knight

Grabban

Legzdins

Cwyka

Gregan

Turner

Roque

Glombard

Clarke

Aljofree

Kilkenny

Giddings

Bertrand

Beresford

Jarrett

Robertson

Constantine

Livermore

Jones

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Golbourne

Hines

Budtz

Ferreira

Kabba

Who've I forgot?????

Edited by oafcprozac

Malongo

Howarth

Knight

Grabban

Legzdins

Cwyka

Gregan

Turner

Roque

Glombard

Clarke

Aljofree

Kilkenny

Giddings

Bertrand

Beresford

Jarrett

Robertson

Constantine

Livermore

Jones

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Golbourne

Hines

Budtz

Ferreira

Kabba

Who've I forgot?????

I would say the loans in his second season were quite good. A bit of a shock really I thought they would be worse.

Have any of these players moved forward in ther career to any significant degree?

Not really. Dont think thats the be all and end all though. Not really what I based my comments on.

Kilkenny - Despite what some may say a good player and better than what we have now in the centre. Dare I say it Leeds probably a step forward from the mighty blues

Giddings - Not sure what this guy is doing now. Came in did a job didnt let anybody down.

Bertrand - This guys career has moved forward I would guess. Moved onto play for England U21s and plays in the Championship

Beresford - At the time was better than Crossely when he came in. And helped us at the back when needed

Jarrett - Blew hot and cold. Looked excellent when on his game and scored some important goals. Still in league 1

Robertson - Looked good until injury now in jail?

Constantine - Looked good I thought we may have gone in for him, still playing at this level

Livermore - steady performer, liked him lot, did the basics well. still in L1

Like you say though none have moved forward so they were all :censored:e. Shez OUT!!!!

Pathetic Shez.

E4e

JSOUT

Only 3 years in the job with no former experience and he keeps us in with a shout of the play-offs every season so far. He might not be Wenger or Ferguson (thankfully) but I reckon he's the best we'll get and the best man for the job. I could understand if we were flirting with relegation all the time. We'll be up within another couple of seasons max with Shez at the helm.

Malongo

Howarth

Knight

Grabban

Legzdins

Cwyka

Gregan

Turner

Roque

Glombard

Clarke

Aljofree

Kilkenny

Giddings

Bertrand

Beresford

Jarrett

Robertson

Constantine

Livermore

Jones

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Golbourne

Hines

Budtz

Ferreira

Kabba

I'd say all of those in bold did their bit and were worthwhile signings. I didn't include Malongo, in spite of his scoring a winning goal, as I think Sheridan should have gone into that season far more geared up in terms of strikers and Malongo wouldn't have then been required.

Too early to say on Ferreira, Kabba (obviously) and even Windass, if he sees out the season.

Some of the criticism directed at Sheridan, like any under-fire manager, is beyond cheap.

Only 3 years in the job with no former experience and he keeps us in with a shout of the play-offs every season so far. He might not be Wenger or Ferguson (thankfully) but I reckon he's the best we'll get and the best man for the job. I could understand if we were flirting with relegation all the time. We'll be up within another couple of seasons max with Shez at the helm.

I'm a little disappointed you haven't come out and said 'don't forget we nearly went out of business 5 years ago'.