O'Grady scores vs his former club!

It was a bloody cracker as well. To be fair he's done pretty well for us since he came to EP.

Tbh I thought he looked okay in a couple of pre-season friendlies against Hull and Derby but then less so when the season started.

He can't get in the first team here at the moment so I'm glad he's gone out on loan and is getting some confidence boosting game time and a goal. (loan spells at Bury and Bradford didn't appear to be a great success).

I think he is a strong hold up player and I've not totally given up on him ever becoming a player here at Latics.

The goal and some game time will certainly help his confidence, good to hear he is doing okay.

Tbh I thought he looked okay in a couple of pre-season friendlies against Hull and Derby but then less so when the season started.

He can't get in the first team here at the moment so I'm glad he's gone out on loan and is getting some confidence boosting game time and a goal. (loan spells at Bury and Bradford didn't appear to be a great success).

I think he is a strong hold up player and I've not totally given up on him ever becoming a player here at Latics.

The goal and some game time will certainly help his confidence, good to hear he is doing okay.

Agreed. He was my and many others MOTM the last time he started at BP.

Some people just can't see past the goals scored column when it comes to judging a striker.

Some people just can't see past the goals scored column when it comes to judging a striker.

Its not just that. How many shots did he have? I don't remember one.

Don't think the lad has done anything wrong, demonstrated the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play. The main reason imo why it hasn't worked for him so far is that he played all pre-season alongside Davies, looked to be forging a good understanding then Hughes gets himself fit and COG is back to sqaure one trying to learn how to play with another partner but in 5 minute spells here and there. I hope this lad has a future at BP as he deserves a decent chance and given we gave wonga for him surely suggests he warrants that chance of a 10-15 game run at least next season. No coincidence that Stockport have begun picking points up again since COG went there.

"He's done a good job! Good at holding the ball up and wins his fair share of headers. He has a bit of pace when he chooses to use it and he has a powerful shot on him. He is a godsend for us at the moment! I think he suits being on his own up front. Hopefully this goal will give him more confidence in front of goal, although he's been unlucky, he had hit the post 3 times in different games before last night. "

Words from a Stocky fan.

Haven't lost hope yet, he's still young and hopefully his goal will boost his confidence.

"He's done a good job! Good at holding the ball up and wins his fair share of headers. He has a bit of pace when he chooses to use it and he has a powerful shot on him. He is a godsend for us at the moment! I think he suits being on his own up front. Hopefully this goal will give him more confidence in front of goal, although he's been unlucky, he had hit the post 3 times in different games before last night. "

Words from a Stocky fan.

Haven't lost hope yet, he's still young and hopefully his goal will boost his confidence.

The only bit I disagree with there is that, for me, he looks much better with a partner up front. He sometimes struggles to get involved in the second phase when he's up there on his tod. When someone is working up there with him he's much more effective.

The only bit I disagree with there is that, for me, he looks much better with a partner up front. He sometimes struggles to get involved in the second phase when he's up there on his tod. When someone is working up there with him he's much more effective.

Sounds promising.

I thought COG did very well in the brief pitch time he got with us inbetween his previous lan spells.

Not all strikers are 15+ goals a season men - some are target men who create space & link play. Heskey & Kevin Davies spring to mind immediately. Now i'm not suggesting he has their quality yet, but COG is that type of player. I think (or should that be 'hope') he still has a futre here as i think he will turn into a very useful front man with a bit of work.

This goal should do him the world of good!

Keep us updated County Boy, cheers

Edited by slystallone

My only experience of Mr. O'Grady is at Tranmere away, where he came on and looked a very tidy player. I'd much rather have him in the side than a loanee.

Wouldn't be that fat yorkshire t$$t of a loanee we have :unsure: