(Fake) Bulgarian Oldham Athletic Fan Club

The rarely wrong Chron has received an email from Venceslav Donchev to say he has established an Athletic fan club in Bulgaria.

He is asking fans to send him memorabilia, including team photographs, the club crest, pennant, matchday programmes or up to date calendars.

Items can be sent to: Venceslav Donchev, 4d Maria Gabrovska str, PO Box 6, 5000 Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria.

The rarely wrong Chron has received an email from Venceslav Donchev to say he has established an Athletic fan club in Bulgaria.

He is asking fans to send him memorabilia, including team photographs, the club crest, pennant, matchday programmes or up to date calendars.

Items can be sent to: Venceslav Donchev, 4d Maria Gabrovska str, PO Box 6, 5000 Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria.

They are absolutely mad on football over there. I went on holiday last summer. Berbatov is like a God to them.

So he can flog them on eBay? I bet he's written to hundreds of other clubs too.

Having a trust email address I quite regularly get begging emails from 'fans' abroad asking me to send them badges/other memorabilia.

Google his name:

my name is Venceslav Donchev and I'm bulgarian. I'm a huge fan of english football and Walsall FC is my favourite. Darren Wrack is one of my favourute players .

I'd like to ask you for some help -to send me his autographed photo or to forward my request to Darren.. For that I'll be very grateful.I hope that my request will be fulfilled so

I'd like to thank you in advance. Good luck and all the best!

Best regards:

Venceslav

Venceslav Donchev said,

Dear friends

my name is Venceslav and I’m bulgarian. I’m a huge fan of english

football and SUFC is my favourite one.Me and my friends who

support Southend United FC decided to establish a small fan club of

The Shrimpers and for that I’d like to ask you for some help-to send me a SUFC home shirt,it might be from old season.-size M .

I could not send you money for that but by helping me you could help also the

Club to earn more fans in Bulgaria.

I wish you a lot of success for the future!

etc etc

Shame on the Chron...

Ha Ha there are 100's.

He like F1, Wigan (that alone seems to be a reason not to give anything) etc

Exactly as hinted, you'd think the chron would at least google anything!

I bet you his name means John Smith as well.

Edited by singe

Ha Ha there are 100's.

He like F1, Wigan (that alone seems to be a reason not to give anything) etc

Exactly as hinted, you'd think the chron would at least google anything!

I bet you his name means John Smith as well.

I've emailed them, and submitted a comment, but nothing I can do about the 'in print' article. Just hope no-one sends him anything precious or valuable to them :angry:

The plastic Latics fell for it!! Can't believe the Cron published that .... bet they got a certain crap MEN journo in to do the story for them. Lies, dam lies :wink:

img4995b17ed732f.jpg

launched - IN BULGARIA!

Posted by Landlord on 13 02 09 (569 reads) News by the same author

This week has brought news of a new Wigan Athletic supporters club that has been started in Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria.

The club has been formed by a couple of friends, Venceslav Donchev and Borislav (Borko).

Venceslav contacted me on Tuesday asking for bits of memorabilia that he can display whilst himself and four or five friends, along with fans of rival Premier League clubs, watch Wigan Athletic in action.

Of course I was pleased to promise him something and hopefully somebody from the club can also get in touch with him.

Venceslav, 36 explained, "First of all thanks a lot for the reply and the intention to help. I'm 36 and I support Latics from 1995 when Dave Whelan has purchased the FC and my interest was provoked by my best mate Borislav who is a Wigan fan even earlier, and has always spoken of Latics."

He went on to explain that Borislav will be the chairman and that today the club numbers between five and six people who all care passionately about the club. Venceslav will be the club's spokesperson as his English is better than anyone else's!

Explaining that the club does not have an officail base just yet he stated, "We prepare a room where to meet and watch Wigan games on TV, to have beer and of course other club's fans are also welcome to come. We intend to put some Latics stuff on the walls".

This is of course where we can help them and his plans for the future look to be quite good. A friend is in the process of building a house and is donating a room for the sole use of the new Bulgarian Wigan Athletic Supporters Club.

Speaking of the season to date he said, "We are normal people who follow the club's fortunes and are very happy with the season running so far. I expect Mido and Rodallega to show their true quality and to become a good assets for the squad. I'm sorry Wilson left for Spurs but that's life. We all dream of seing WAFC playing in Europe and why not next season."

Well Venceslav, this may well happen and if we get drawn against a Bulgarian team next season, or maybe later, a few of us from this site will be joining you for a pint or two before the game.

Here at YOTAC we will help as much as we can and hopefully when things are up and running you can update all Wigan Athletic fans with progress reports and photographs.

Good luck.

shame the chron havent done their research - lets just hope nobody falls for it.

Diego fell for it. :grin:

Dear Mr Sideburns,

I work on behalf of the National Bank of Nigeria and I need your help to release some funds that legally belong to me. I am of course willing to pay you a large proportion of this money but just need a UK bank account to transfer the money before the Government here steal the money. Please provide me with the following...

Your Bank Account Number

Your Bank Sort Code

Your Bank Address

Your Mother's Maiden Name

Your PIN number

Your Log on and Password to OWTB.co.uk

For this information, I am prepared to pay you one tangarine scarf and a Bulgarian pendant.

:grin:

Diego fell for it. :grin:

Dear Mr Sideburns,

I work on behalf of the National Bank of Nigeria and I need your help to release some funds that legally belong to me. I am of course willing to pay you a large proportion of this money but just need a UK bank account to transfer the money before the Government here steal the money. Please provide me with the following...

Your Bank Account Number

Your Bank Sort Code

Your Bank Address

Your Mother's Maiden Name

Your PIN number

Your Log on and Password to OWTB.co.uk

For this information, I am prepared to pay you one tangarine scarf and a Bulgarian pendant.

:grin:

You know him as well,why haven't we all had a beer together whilst discussing his wealth???

Venceslav Donchev

4d, Maria Gabrovska str.

P.O.Box 6

5000 Veliko Turnovo

BULGARIA

..... now what shall we send him ?????????????

Turn it on it's head; tell him we're Veliko fans, and get him to send us some FC Etar Veliko Tarnovo stuff...