Silence

What do you expect, a running public commentary of their investigations? :lol:

i have to say, if the people involved are shez? hughes? gregan? taylor? then surley all these should have been suspended until the investigation is resolved.... they must know what happended by now!

wouldnt that be normal practice like at a lot of other companies?

When Ackey has stopped yawning he'll be along to ask you to use the other thread, where you'll find this:

Tonight's rarely wrong Chron says the results of the investigations are likely to be discussed at a board meeting later this week.

Athletic are hoping to conclude their investigations before ....Milton Keynes Dons as they view it as an unwelcome distraction in their bid for promotion.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...over-dogs-night

i have to say, if the people involved are shez? hughes? gregan? taylor? then surley all these should have been suspended until the investigation is resolved.... they must know what happended by now!

wouldnt that be normal practice like at a lot of other companies?

No not really.

thanks for clearing that up for me jim <_<

Just saying that I would not consider it to be standard practice to suspend people in such events especially as we don't really know what these events are. It would more likely to be of an issue if the persons involved held positions of responsibility and I don't consider footballers to hold such positions.

Just saying that I would not consider it to be standard practice to suspend people in such events especially as we don't really know what these events are. It would more likely to be of an issue if the persons involved held positions of responsibility and I don't consider footballers to hold such positions.

but players and managers have been suspended for investigations of a breach of club dicipline in the past at other clubs.

mark wright at oxford/chester?.

alan smart(not sure we did with him, anyone?)

keith curle -mansfield

It is standard practice certainly in terms of discipline procedure for companies, organisations agencies to suspend an employee while an investigation is taking place; however as you say this procedure makes sense for those who have positions of responsibility, ensuring that their is no further disrepute - what would you be suspending football players from if the investigation is to be resolved before the next match...?

Having said that though, have any of them been involved in the media since? The Hughes partnership thread has an article which quotes Hughes, was this before or after the incident? I would expect the club to tell those involved to lay low at the least.

It is standard practice certainly in terms of discipline procedure for companies, organisations agencies to suspend an employee while an investigation is taking place; however as you say this procedure makes sense for those who have positions of responsibility, ensuring that their is no further disrepute - what would you be suspending football players from if the investigation is to be resolved before the next match...?

Having said that though, have any of them been involved in the media since? The Hughes partnership thread has an article which quotes Hughes, was this before or after the incident? I would expect the club to tell those involved to lay low at the least.

It is not standard practice to suspend someone, in fact that can be seen as pre-determining the outcome.

Depends on the severity.

Of course, you could argue this was severe.

Suspending people is not the right way for the club to go about things. If the people involved are not found to be accountable for their actions then they (as players) would have missed training sessions and the manager would have missed preperation time with his squad.

I can't see anybody getting sacked. I think its a clever ploy by the clubs chief's to curb the behavour of its staff. At the end of the day the players are a valuable commodity and other clubs would not hesitate to sign them up within hours of us letting them go. As for the manager, well he would appear to be the victim on the night in question and would probably have a case for unfair dismissal, especailly considering we are still in the play-offs with a decent chance of finsihing there come the end of the season.

But it this is football we are talking about and nothing seems to suprise me these days.

Suspending people is not the right way for the club to go about things. If the people involved are not found to be accountable for their actions then they (as players) would have missed training sessions and the manager would have missed preperation time with his squad.

I can't see anybody getting sacked. I think its a clever ploy by the clubs chief's to curb the behavour of its staff. At the end of the day the players are a valuable commodity and other clubs would not hesitate to sign them up within hours of us letting them go. As for the manager, well he would appear to be the victim on the night in question and would probably have a case for unfair dismissal, especailly considering we are still in the play-offs with a decent chance of finsihing there come the end of the season.

But it this is football we are talking about and nothing seems to suprise me these days.

According to the programme Shez and Wright are in Hunghary this week so suspending them won't have much effect.