Club Announcement This Afternoon

Waterboy

Will this annoucement be made:  

61 members have voted

1. 1. When will this annoucement be made?

• 17:00-18:00
    • 18:00 or later today
    • Tomorrow
    • Play Wofly instead of Hughes
    • Friday
    • Cheese on my pizza please
    • Next week
    • Never

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people want to read in the annoucement?

Not read the posts about the incident in question - only picked up stuff from the BBC site - but it sounds as though people want players/staff to get sacked?

I've heard it's always 15:23 before 15:24 but I can't tell you my source for this information!

ive heard my source was correct but only for about a minute then everything changed.

not sure if its reliable or not, i missed it

Not read the posts about the incident in question - only picked up stuff from the BBC site - but it sounds as though people want players/staff to get sacked?

Don't you understand? If our best defender, midfielder and striker all get sacked then it will sort out the troubles at the club, and we will win promotion.

Don't you understand? If our best defender, midfielder and striker all get sacked then it will sort out the troubles at the club, and we will win promotion.

Hmm its ok we will get some more Bad boys in, Stan Collymore anyone? :unsure:

Personally I hope no one is fired and the end result of the investigation is a simple "We regret the incidents from the other night, blah, blah, blah. Those involved have been disciplined and dealt with internally by the club, blah blah, blah. We consider the matter closed and now look forward to a big game away this weekend."

But when the club themselves say they arent ruling out sackings, it kind of makes you worry.

Personally I hope no one is fired and the end result of the investigation is a simple "We regret the incidents from the other night, blah, blah, blah. Those involved have been disciplined and dealt with internally by the club, blah blah, blah. We consider the matter closed and now look forward to a big game away this weekend."

But when the club themselves say they arent ruling out sackings, it kind of makes you worry.

It will be along the lines of, We have spoke to certain individuals and we have decided we are going to patch things up by going to the Dogs for a night out :blink:

Of course. But sacking the manager would make certain of it.

Obviously something went on that was out of order on the 'team building' night - but I've seen people do that enough times on 'do's' at work to know its not that surprising. The people should be discaplined for it - but Sacked? OTT I'd say.

Wonder if this is being used as an opportunity by some fans (and even the club?) to get rid of the manager? Statement along the lines of "the players have been discaplined, but ultimately its the manager that is accountable. We find John's behaviour unacceptable and therefore regretfully terminate his contract...".

It seems that fans and perhaps the TTA have it in for Shez and are looking for an excuse to get rid. A bit like Moore waited for the slightest slip by Ritchie to sack him - over-reaction but it gets the job done.

Personally from the outside I'm happy with Shez - but not many are these days.

They have gone beyond normal discipline. Performances recently have been garbage and Shez needs to grow up and be a boss and not one of the lads. Too late for him to change that at Latics but another club would allow him to start from afresh with lessons learned from his time in the hot seat at Oldham.

I have it on good authority that Gregan has been sacked but he was the only one at the club who knew how to work that internet thingy, so nothing can be announced until Alan sacrifices another child to the gods of technology.

Of course. But sacking the manager would make certain of it.

Obviously something went on that was out of order on the 'team building' night - but I've seen people do that enough times on 'do's' at work to know its not that surprising. The people should be discaplined for it - but Sacked? OTT I'd say.

Wonder if this is being used as an opportunity by some fans (and even the club?) to get rid of the manager? Statement along the lines of "the players have been discaplined, but ultimately its the manager that is accountable. We find John's behaviour unacceptable and therefore regretfully terminate his contract...".

It seems that fans and perhaps the TTA have it in for Shez and are looking for an excuse to get rid. A bit like Moore waited for the slightest slip by Ritchie to sack him - over-reaction but it gets the job done.

Personally from the outside I'm happy with Shez - but not many are these days.

Now there's a post i agree with. If Shez is sacked it will be for football matters (very harsh, if not ridiculous) and the dogs incident used as the excuse.

I would prefer to describe the dogs incident as the final straw rather than an excuse. The dogs night was a stupid decision after the Leeds game and they way they have been performing. The don't call me boss is plain crazy and I was a Shez supporter wanting him to have at a third season to prove himself. However his short comings have become all too apparent recently and I don't think he can improve and in fact is now going backwards

Edited by Max Damage

I would prefer to describe the dogs incident as the final straw rather than an excuse. The dogs night was a stupid decision after the Leeds game and they way they have been performing. The don't call me boss is plain crazy and I was a Shez supporter wanting him to have at a third season to prove himself. However his short comings have become all too apparent recently and I don't think he can improve and in fact is now going backwards

All of these points have already been addressed. To go over them again would be going over old ground. :sleeping: