The ravens have flown the tower

No more Mouldy Old Dough?

Never fear Dave, it's still being played as 'background music' as it always was, but not as the 'entrance music' for which the Club has to pay royalty fees which have gone up 600%. Entrance music and goal celebration music is classed as 'entertainment' for which a royalty fee has to be paid. The music played to entertain the crowd when nothing is happening on the pitch is not classed as 'entertainment'.

Just another example of the world having gone mad!

Never fear Dave, it's still being played as 'background music' as it always was, but not as the 'entrance music' for which the Club has to pay royalty fees which have gone up 600%. Entrance music and goal celebration music is classed as 'entertainment' for which a royalty fee has to be paid. The music played to entertain the crowd when nothing is happening on the pitch is not classed as 'entertainment'.

Just another example of the world having gone mad!

And reafirms my point from the other day that the PRS are scrotes!

£3900 a year should be paid in my opinion, less than £200 a match and keeps up and enforces an age old tradition. We'll end up coming out to a :censored:e techno tune that some teenagers done on his playstation

Why don't you pay it then? Otherwise it's coming straight out of TTAs pockets, isn't it?

Why don't you pay it then? Otherwise it's coming straight out of TTAs pockets, isn't it?

Well as owners of a non profit making football club my friend it is always going to be a financial strain and one that the owners were always going to be aware of, I would've thought my £20 most weeks would be put towards it... The increases are vast but over the course of a season i thought would've been money worth spending - As stated before it's about keeping the character of the club and the song is a fairly important part of that..

£3900 a year should be paid in my opinion, less than £200 a match and keeps up and enforces an age old tradition. We'll end up coming out to a :censored:e techno tune that some teenagers done on his playstation

I prefer the age old tradition of Oldham Athletic Playing Football Myself. Considering we're making a loss, these are the type of costs that we would be stupid to pay out.

Well as owners of a non profit making football club my friend it is always going to be a financial strain and one that the owners were always going to be aware of, I would've thought my £20 most weeks would be put towards it... The increases are vast but over the course of a season i thought would've been money worth spending - As stated before it's about keeping the character of the club and the song is a fairly important part of that..

Its has only recently been used as the entrance song. It will be played at other times still.

I'm sure that the TTA would have accepted a sensible increase on the fee they have to pay, but a 600% increase is anything but that, the PRS are taking the preverbial p*#s out of us.

Its not just us, every other club will have the same increase - I bet there aren't many asking for volunteers to tambarine an entrance tune

Bring back the brass bands :)

The PRS also rips off new bands one-hit wonder bands. The money it takes in royalties is meant to be distributed to artists whose music is played in public. However, it gives disproportionate amounts to Elton John and "The Beatles" (who should really be called "George Martin and The Beatles"), for no special reason. Have one smash hit that's played for ever and you're unlikely to see a penny from the PRS.