Joe Royle new manager - all posts in here please

I was part of the give sheriden until the end of the season club, but since i read big fat joe is back this just feels right like most can't wait for saturday and also to see if the team sheet gets ripped up. Great appointment fingers crossed for the rest of the season

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I tried to tell you all.

Pleased as punch

Didn't you just!

Amazing case of 'testing the water' inadvertently!!

I'm not a fan of "temporary" appointments.

I'm not an advocate of going back in football.

So why does this feel so good?

Get your mates to start buying tickets now!! Let's get 10,000 in this weekend.

Guest sheridans_world

God I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Maybe if I buy a DeLorean and reach 88 miles per hour with 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity I can get to Saturday by flying through time..... :mmm:

and that is one of the reasons why they have done it (IMHO!!)...

attendences have been low, and the last few weeks won't help that either.... that, and in just a few more weeks they will be asking us for another £300+ for next season..

timing???

oh yeah!!

great news... and i personally can't wait for sat'day... and you never know, the magic may still be there!!!!

all of us lucky enough to remember the pinch me seasons will surely be delighted with the return of the messiah,,who knows taylor might get left out for tricky ricky holden on saturday.all of you unfortunate to be to young to remember those wonderful ,fantastic days then get ready for 8 strikers,2 defenders and a goalie..this news will have brought a lot of smiles to a lot of people and im sure there will be a great crowd down there on saturday just to look at the man again.....long live the king

Within ten minutes of the announcement his wiki had been updated haha. Its great to have this good feeling back in the club. I'm too young to remember his last reign here and im a new latics fan (i say new this is my 4th season) so all the hype is given me loads of confidence about him! Obviously i know everything he did for the club and why he's a legen and i hope he'l take us to wembely and thurther!

I have just recieved a text from my brother as iam currently on the lash in Magaluf, i did not believe him this is great news, sorry shez but you had your time and good luck to you in the future. Big Joe, what can you say, the man is a true legend, i would never have thought in a million years he would come back to us in this division. Taylor and Smalley you are both going to see a hell of a lot of the ball, yes we will concede with the way we will play but the entertainment is about to get started, Ritchie as number two anyone ?

I have just recieved a text from my brother as iam currently on the lash in Magaluf, i did not believe him this is great news, sorry shez but you had your time and good luck to you in the future. Big Joe, what can you say, the man is a true legend, i would never have thought in a million years he would come back to us in this division. Taylor and Smalley you are both going to see a hell of a lot of the ball, yes we will concede with the way we will play but the entertainment is about to get started, Ritchie as number two anyone ?

I was driving when my phone went, So the message was passed to me that Joe was back in charge, so I did what any normal 26 year old guy would do, a U-turn and head for Boundary Park Playing Boys in blue with the windows down and a massive cheesy grin!!!

I get to sing my favourite latics song of all time!!!

WERE ON THE MARCH WITH JOE ROYLES ARMY!

WERE ALL GOING TO WEM-BER-LEY

AND WE'LL REALLY SHAKE EM UP, (I was younger then)

WHEN WE....................................... (then i get stuck for relevant words now but you get the point)!! :grin::lol::grin::shock::grin: :grin:

I'm a little perturbed by the official site's insistence on calling Mr. Royle 'Big Joe'. Surely this kind of familiarity formed a substantial amount of the problem with John Sheridan?

.... fart without Joe telling you and you'll be on the bench

Roll on Sat!!!!!

I'm a little perturbed by the official site's insistence on calling Mr. Royle 'Big Joe'. Surely this kind of familiarity formed a substantial amount of the problem with John Sheridan?

I think a major reason for his appointment is the positive familiarity and improvement in attendances he will bring.

Can I be the first to ask that the drummer takes it easy on Saturday, if not leave the thing at home. It won't be needed. :)

I'm in Denmark this weekend where I have just watched the mighty Brøndby beat AGF 2-0. But all that has been for gotten with the text message I have just recieved!!!!!!!

I am genuinely sad to see Shez go and I still remain a supporter of his. But I feel with Doggygate and the performances in recent months, especially at home the time was right for a change. AND WHAT A CHANGE!!!!!!!!! BIG FAT JOE'S BARMY ARMY!!!! All of a sudden my enthusiasm is back and as soon as I get back home tomorrow I'll be stopping by BP for tickests. I'm not gonna miss this for the world!

Excellent news...sorry to see Shez go out like this, but delighted Big Joe's back in town.

It's been a main headline on SSN for the last hour or two. They've had an interview with Corney - the presenter wouldn't stop asking if the 'sacking' of Shez was related to Doggygate.