Joe Royle new manager - all posts in here please

I shed a tear when I heard that Shez had gone but the floodgates opened when I heard Big Joe was back!

If there isn't a full house on Saturday then the Oldham public can damn well go to hell.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I've got a Bovis shirt to squeeze into.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to give Shez more time but I think this is a great appointment. From what I hear BFJ wasn't too keen but has been talked into it as a favour to sort out the problems in the dressing room and get a buzz back around the club to hopefully push us up. If it doesn't work out we get the new guy in the summer and start again which is what we were looking at anyway.

I wanted to give Shez more time but I think this is a great appointment. From what I hear BFJ wasn't too keen but has been talked into it as a favour to sort out the problems in the dressing room and get a buzz back around the club to hopefully push us up. If it doesn't work out we get the new guy in the summer and start again which is what we were looking at anyway.

Lets calm downa bit

THere will be no noticeable crowd increase.......£20 QUID is 20 quid ....jobs are being lost...ppl are scared about thir jobs,mortgages.

I dont expect a big change .... plus point is Joe has kept touch and watched us a few times of late..so he will have an idea of what he

wants.

Dippers must be cacking themselves lol

Unbelievable! Can't wait until Saturday! I believe that Rick Holden is still playing Sunday football somewhere near Colne, get him on the left with Taylor on the right!!!

Awesome! I feel like a ten year old again...

Oh! I suppose I'd better change my user name too!

Oooohhhhh When The Bluuueeeesss!!!!

Excellent PR move, couldn't do better, however I feel a little uneasy from a football perspective.

I hope he's been keeping up to speed in his three years without a management appointment, I'd hate it to be a 'Kevin Keegan' type situation.

Good luck Joe and all the best Shez.

What a great coup that is!!!!

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY.

Shame TTA left it so long.

i dont honestly know what to say...

i didnt think it would happen and it has...its a brilliant piece of pr on the clubs part....and i think done so quick as to take the negativity surrounding shez leaving away.

i expect a good crowd against the bin dippers....lets hope the old yard dog mentality can be instilled into this lot,and we get the rub of the green so to speak.

also think this has been done to wait until seasons done so we dont get fined for tapping up a manager...if he pulls it off there will be better football candidates than gannon,if we stayed in this league then at least joe will have put the smile back.

Well, what a revelation.

Obviously Wright is staying as assistant. I wonder if Ritchie or Dowie will be approached for the permanent position.

On a philosophical note, if we don't achieve promotion, it won't be Joe Royle's fault, if we do, will Sheridan get any credit or will Royle take all the plaudits? Silly question, I know, but one that has to be asked. :)

Should be an interesting end to the season and it's my chance to see what all the fuss was about.

Big Fat Joe's Barmy Army!

I didn't think my day could get any better after I heard the news that JS had got a size 10 up his @rse (there is a God) but to hear of the appointment of Big Joe...I've got my Oldham back!!! There is a God, and he's come home.

Anyway, realistic head on, you should never go back and I can't see it being permanent but that's why it's so right.

Succeed or fail, we couldn't have made a better appointment. Big Joe is THE best short term option bar none. Proven quality. A few years back, OK maybe 8 or 9, he was talked about for England. He's won promotion. He's won the FA Cup. You don't lose that. And to have him for 9 or so games is absolutely amazing.

I don't think he'll take it permanently but I think he's the best option to get us promotion and a great guy to help select the new manager for 09/10. Hopefully in the Championship.

Welcome home Joe. Yarddogs!!!!!!!!!!!!

E4e

BFJBA

On a philosophical note, if we don't achieve promotion, it won't be Joe Royle's fault, if we do, will Sheridan get any credit or will Royle take all the plaudits?

Shez has to be credited with a fantastic start to the season but ultimately he threw the good work away with a host of draws and defeats against mediocre teams. Hopefully Royle can ignite some passion into the performances of our players.

Well if Joe cant get the feel good factor back to BP, I dont know what will. Get a few fans back to the ground and that has got to be a good thing!

right there, they're the words i'm looking for... the feel good factor!~ :grin: