Joe Royle new manager - all posts in here please

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am absolutely gobsmacked at this. I was always a fan of shez but i feel he had finally lost the plot after yesterday, never in a million years did i think big Joe would be back. I am dancing round here just thinking about the thought of Saturdays game. The guy was a god to me as a youngster, and i now get to meet him every week. What a fantastic job i have. :grin:

"You should never go back" Or "Big Joe leads Oldham Athletic to victory again"

Which one will we be saying in 9 games time? It's never dull is it supporting Oldham!

Welcome back Joe

FANTASTIC!!! :grin: Full house at BP this week end? Roll on Bin Dippers!

great move

if hr does it and gets us up he can say thanks and then go away or he might want a year to try and keep us up, if he cant do it hes had a go.

win win. Ive never seen us with joe in charge as too young to go to bp before he left but cant wait to see him in the technical box vs RONNIE MOORE HAHA

Didn't we always lose against the Trannies in BFJ's first spell?

:wink:

Seriously though, delighted. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'm sure we'll have a fun few games, and we'll see if he still has the heart and fitness to carry on next season.

I'm staggered and over the moon. This fits right in with my policy of an appointment to first and foremost (re)attract some fans. I didn't think Joe was a possibility and so was calling for Stitch as the next best man. So much for all those assuring us big Joe would never take it! :lol:

Now we will be motoring.

:)

absolutely delighted!! we have nothing to loose in the slightest now and this will certainly recapture the imagination and attention of the fans who like myself felt we had blown it this season.

it would be the ultimate fairytale if it works out!

i can't get this smile of my face!

Didn't we always lose against the Trannies in BFJ's first spell?

:wink:

Seriously though, delighted. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I'm sure we'll have a fun few games, and we'll see if he still has the heart and fitness to carry on next season.

Only in the latter years - FA cup 92/93; League cup 93/94

OMG!! big fat joe's blue white army!!!

Play-off winners and then joe to lead us back to the premiership next season????? okay il go lie down :grin: (i reserve the right to claim i made this prediction first if it comes true :wink: )

Good appointment none the less and if we finish outside the playoffs, im sure performances will improve!!

I'm getting my ticket tomorrow. Not gonna miss this for the world! I can't believe it!

and that is one of the reasons why they have done it (IMHO!!)...

attendences have been low, and the last few weeks won't help that either.... that, and in just a few more weeks they will be asking us for another £300+ for next season..

timing???

oh yeah!!

great news... and i personally can't wait for sat'day... and you never know, the magic may still be there!!!!

Just coming down off the ceiling at the news.

After I read the clubs comments from SC earlier today, a Royle appointment just seemed to fit so welll with what he was saying. Did I think it would happen?????

All I can say is it has and I firmly believe that this will give us the shot in the arm that is so badly needed.

If there is any problem in the dressing room, that will certainly change this week. There will be no nonsense.

Oh and by the way for those not happy with our 2 central midfielders passing the ball sideways, get used to it. Wingers will be the order of the day.

Very many Cheers

Harry

PS. Coco you are entitled to your opinion but personally I think that no matter what happened re shez staying/Shez going and a new man coming in you wouldn't be happy or at least you wouldn't let anyone on here know you were happy. :tongue1:

I'm going out for a pint to celebrate. How bloody exciting.

Whether he is capable of the job or not, this is an amazing bit of recruitment and PR from TTA. There will be a huge buzz (and a big crowd) at the club on Saturday and a feeling of optimism and belief running into the last 9 games of the season.

I really fancy it. And god knows how, after what we watched on Saturday.

BARMY ARMY

I have to say, I am absolutely lost for words.

I feel like a little kid again.

im so happy got a lump in the throat getting a chance to see the legend back is amazing this will bring back the passion in oldham as of late its just been dead at oldham groundhog day i want to hear the chaddy end going crazy again.

the feel good factor is back

Edited by KUNGFOO

goodness, quite a day as a latics fan and they haven't even played. never in a million years did I actually see this happening. Sorry about Sheridan going and certainly in the manner of it all but can't help being excited about Big Joe being back.