Jade Goody - Rest In Peace

boboafc

Oh for the love of God! Just heard that Jade's husband is on the front of Ok! magazine with a story about how he leaves the bedroom window open at night so she can "come home". She's dead you :censored:wit, she hasn't taken up burglary!

....and which window would this be again? I'm sure the ones in Wormwood Scrubs don't open all that well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Parkinson has to say : http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6048656.ece

Jade Goody, the reality TV star who died last month of cervical cancer aged 27, represented “all that is paltry and wretched about Britain”, Sir Michael Parkinson has said.

He told Radio Times: "Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it’s significant, it’s nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it’s not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di.

“When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death, what we’re left with is a woman who came to represent all that’s paltry and wretched about Britain today.

“She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and became a media chattel to be exploited till the day she died.”

This is what Parkinson has to say : http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6048656.ece

Jade Goody, the reality TV star who died last month of cervical cancer aged 27, represented “all that is paltry and wretched about Britain”, Sir Michael Parkinson has said.

He told Radio Times: "Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it’s significant, it’s nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it’s not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di.

“When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death, what we’re left with is a woman who came to represent all that’s paltry and wretched about Britain today.

“She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and became a media chattel to be exploited till the day she died.”

As much as I admire Parky for his many attributes, I find this criticism hard to accept from someone who has made millions and accepted a Knighthood from putting Celebrities on the pedestals they crave. It is Celebritism that I find paltry and wretched about Britain.

I take Jade for what she was, uneducated, harmless and honest who wanted the best for her kids. There are certainly many more people/role models more deserving of the accolade, but we 'the public' don't demand such people - Parky is in a prime position to make a difference however he has chosen not too, he would rather polish the egos of Celebrity turds. Jade obviously wasn't a big enough turd for Parky to polish. If you chose to swim in the sewers you have to accept that not everyone eats a high fibre diet.

As much as I admire Parky for his many attributes, I find this criticism hard to accept from someone who has made millions and accepted a Knighthood from putting Celebrities on the pedestals they crave. It is Celebritism that I find paltry and wretched about Britain.

I take Jade for what she was, uneducated, harmless and honest who wanted the best for her kids. There are certainly many more people/role models more deserving of the accolade, but we 'the public' don't demand such people - Parky is in a prime position to make a difference however he has chosen not too, he would rather polish the egos of Celebrity turds. Jade obviously wasn't a big enough turd for Parky to polish. If you chose to swim in the sewers you have to accept that not everyone eats a high fibre diet.

I wouldn't call her ignorant, racist stance in her time on BB harmless!!! Or are we supposed to forget this shameful episode of her life?

I wouldn't call her ignorant, racist stance in her time on BB harmless!!! Or are we supposed to forget this shameful episode of her life?

I think that opens up the debate about what racism is quite nicely.

Before I spout off, I only read a few lines about that incident in the press. Didn't watch it and didn't study it in depth. So others will no doubt have a better grounding in it.

You use the word "ignorant", then your next word is "racist".

Googling an online dictionary gave me:

ig·no·rant

adj

1. Lacking education or knowledge.

2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

3. Unaware or uninformed.

I find it difficult to throw the racist tag at somebody who meets these criteria. But hey, it gave the British press something to exploit when real news was a bit thin on the ground didn't it. For me, racism is encapsulated so much more in an individual's actions than words.

I believe the "victim", Shilpa Shetty, apparently formed a friendship with Jade Goody after the event.

Edited by opinions4u

Is this happy bandwaggon still rolling along? Jade = Everything that is wrong with the media in todays society. Jade = Trash. Jade = sycophantic "after the event" peace makers that really get on my nerves.

She was a media whore not only before her mediadeath, but on her staged/sell out funeral and [eerie voice]beyond the grave too-oooooooo[/eerie voice].

:censored:. I can't stand it any more. And the media they are the real :censored:in' culprits of the show, what the hell? Where did journalism go so goddamn wrong? We got bankers taking home :censored:loads of cash on the back of failures, MP's expense-gate upon expense-gate, Labour seemingly not giving a monkeys about anything anymore, the collapse of the capitalist freakin' world, and there's just a few things that we really need to get to grips with, and the journo's continue to report on the front pages: "I wish I could've said goodbye to Jade" and "Jade made my life worth living for". And blah, blah, blah

GIVE ME A :censored:IN' BREAK MAN!

The flipside I suppose is that there is one better thing than a stupid, ignorant person. And that's a stupid, ignorant dead one that gives hope to the children.

I hope nobody is making any money on the back of this, apart from her kids, man.

Goddamn frickin' leeches - the lot of you. This is my view, so there you go.

*spit*

Fin.

Who's to blame - Media for publishing or the public for buying. As much as it pains me to think about it it looks like there's a market out there .. Ohh my fookin god.

Is this happy bandwaggon still rolling along? Jade = Everything that is wrong with the media in todays society. Jade = Trash. Jade = sycophantic "after the event" peace makers that really get on my nerves.

She was a media whore not only before her mediadeath, but on her staged/sell out funeral and [eerie voice]beyond the grave too-oooooooo[/eerie voice].

:censored:. I can't stand it any more. And the media they are the real :censored:in' culprits of the show, what the hell? Where did journalism go so goddamn wrong? We got bankers taking home :censored:loads of cash on the back of failures, MP's expense-gate upon expense-gate, Labour seemingly not giving a monkeys about anything anymore, the collapse of the capitalist freakin' world, and there's just a few things that we really need to get to grips with, and the journo's continue to report on the front pages: "I wish I could've said goodbye to Jade" and "Jade made my life worth living for". And blah, blah, blah

GIVE ME A :censored:IN' BREAK MAN!

The flipside I suppose is that there is one better thing than a stupid, ignorant person. And that's a stupid, ignorant dead one that gives hope to the children.

I hope nobody is making any money on the back of this, apart from her kids, man.

Goddamn frickin' leeches - the lot of you. This is my view, so there you go.

*spit*

Fin.

:lol:

I don't know which one of the mods you are but, excellent.

:applause1::laught16:

Googling an online dictionary gave me:

ig·no·rant

adj

1. Lacking education or knowledge.

2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.

3. Unaware or uninformed.

I find it difficult to throw the racist tag at somebody who meets these criteria. But hey, it gave the British press something to exploit when real news was a bit thin on the ground didn't it. For me, racism is encapsulated so much more in an individual's actions than words.

Following your train of thought here, do we assume that all the followers of far-right parties such as BNP et al are at the front of British Intelligentsia?

I had the dubious pleasure a few years ago of watching England play Turkey in a qualifier at the Walkabout in Oldham. To say it was embarrassing to listen to a couple of hundred people singing "I'd rather be a Pakkie than a Turk" and then spraying an Asian taxi driver with lager when he walked in looking for his fare.

So yes, racism & ignorance do go hand-in-hand.

Following your train of thought here, do we assume that all the followers of far-right parties such as BNP et al are at the front of British Intelligentsia?

I had the dubious pleasure a few years ago of watching England play Turkey in a qualifier at the Walkabout in Oldham. To say it was embarrassing to listen to a couple of hundred people singing "I'd rather be a Pakkie than a Turk" and then spraying an Asian taxi driver with lager when he walked in looking for his fare.

So yes, racism & ignorance do go hand-in-hand.

If Jade Goody sprayed lager in to somebody's face because of their race, then I'll retreat in to a corner.

The girl was thick. Not racist.

Those in your example? Racist scum.

Edited by opinions4u

If Jade Goody sprayed lager in to somebody's face because of their race, then I'll retreat in to a corner.

The girl was thick. Not racist.

Those in your example? Racist scum.

Perhaps her lack of education explains the racist nature of her behaviour, but it doesn't explain the extremely nasty nature of it, however it came out. That's where the problem with her being used as a role model - she couldn't help being a nasty bully because she came from a poor background and didn't have the benefit of a good education? Millions do...

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe Matt Lucas from Little Britain should be lined up for Goody's part.

As himself, or as Vicky Pollard?

I reckon as Vicky Pollard, with the added bonus that his own bald pate will add a degree of realism to the depiction of her latter months...