Which 3 teams will go up from League one?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Nothing remarkable about 23,000 at this level for a big city club in a one-club city. Man City managed 29,000 at a time when their near-neighbours were achieving unprecedented success and their own successes were in the more distant past than those of your club.

It's changes in the way the game is structured, particularly in the financial sense, that rules out your ability to compete with the biggest. Look at City, Everton or Spurs, or the two north-east clubs already mentioned-all better supported than Leeds, but all without a chance of breaking into the Champions League places (at least until City's new owners came along, and even they're guaranteed nothing.)

Unless Leeds get bought up by Arabs or a Russian oligarch, they're also-rans forever. And that isn't going to happen now that the worldwide economic crisis is eating into the fortunes of such people. The Premier League bubble will have burst before Leeds get back there anyway.

By the way, why would Leeds suddenly mange 40-50,000 when they've never had such an average before?

It's a rugby town anyway, Leeds, isn't it?

I never thought I'd do this...... :imnotworthy::applause1:

Nearly every team in league one has broken attendance records when Leeds and Leicester have visited,(Mainly Leeds of course) so don't give me that guff.

I referred accurately to your following at Boundary Park. So not guff.

When Leeds went to Crewe last week we had occupied 2 of their stands.

Well the ones behind the goals are hardly anything to get excited about.

But, ultimately, you're just a silly person.

Nothing remarkable about 23,000 at this level for a big city club in a one-club city. Man City managed 29,000 at a time when their near-neighbours were achieving unprecedented success and their own successes were in the more distant past than those of your club.

It's changes in the way the game is structured, particularly in the financial sense, that rules out your ability to compete with the biggest. Look at City, Everton or Spurs, or the two north-east clubs already mentioned-all better supported than Leeds, but all without a chance of breaking into the Champions League places (at least until City's new owners came along, and even they're guaranteed nothing.)

Unless Leeds get bought up by Arabs or a Russian oligarch, they're also-rans forever. And that isn't going to happen now that the worldwide economic crisis is eating into the fortunes of such people. The Premier League bubble will have burst before Leeds get back there anyway.

By the way, why would Leeds suddenly mange 40-50,000 when they've never had such an average before?

It's a rugby town anyway, Leeds, isn't it?

Leeds broke Man City's record last season. Let's remember that a lot of Man Utd supporters are not from Manchester and are pure glory supporters from nearby towns and cities. So now when Man Utd are getting 75k and Man City are getting 45k, how many of them are actually from Manchester????

Leeds getting 23k at Bates's premier league gate prices is actually very good. People from other clubs told us in the summer when we lost in the playoff that we would be lucky to get 14k this season. They have been proved wrong. Lets also be adults about this and agree that it isn't the fans fault where we are now. It's all due to being badly run by Ridsdale and of course Ken Bates.

Leeds could manage 50k. The stadium holds 40k and was always sold out when in the prem. Before we got relegated they were planning on building another tier above the west stand to cater for a further 10k. Checkout our attendances the year before we were relegated and you will see it was full every other week.

The worldwide economic crisis isn't going to last forever. I never said some rich arab would buy Leeds united right now, I said there was potential there. Lets not forget that 4 years ago Leeds were 40 million in debt and still had to pay off players from the prem. Last season we made 4.5 million profit, we are pretty much debt free and have nearly bought back thorpe arch training ground. By the end of next year we will own Elland Road again and by the end of 2011 will have built a Hotel and shopping Centre and much improved parking at Elland Road. Leeds City Council have already approved plans and building is pretty much going ahead this year.

So There you go. You can say what you like. Potential is there clearly and will be an attractive buy for some rich dude (Arab,American,Jap or from Timbuktu) in a few years from now when Bates is incapable or dead.

Guest sheridans_world
Leeds broke Man City\'s record last season. Let\'s remember that a lot of Man Utd supporters are not from Manchester and are pure glory supporters from nearby towns and cities. So now when Man Utd are getting 75k and Man City are getting 45k, how many of them are actually from Manchester????
You mean London?

As for City, I bet 95% of their fans live fairly close to Manchester

Leeds could manage 50k.

No

The worldwide economic crisis isn\'t going to last forever. I never said some rich arab would buy Leeds united right now, I said there was potential there. Lets not forget that 4 years ago Leeds were 40 million in debt and still had to pay off players from the prem.

Which they didnt pay off.

Last season we made 4.5 million profit, we are pretty much debt free and have nearly bought back thorpe arch training ground.

Which should have gone stright to HMRC to pay off your tax bills.

when Bates is incapable or dead.

Cant wait.

Leeds broke Man City's record last season. Let's remember that a lot of Man Utd supporters are not from Manchester and are pure glory supporters from nearby towns and cities. So now when Man Utd are getting 75k and Man City are getting 45k, how many of them are actually from Manchester????

Leeds getting 23k at Bates's premier league gate prices is actually very good. People from other clubs told us in the summer when we lost in the playoff that we would be lucky to get 14k this season. They have been proved wrong. Lets also be adults about this and agree that it isn't the fans fault where we are now. It's all due to being badly run by Ridsdale and of course Ken Bates.

Leeds could manage 50k. The stadium holds 40k and was always sold out when in the prem. Before we got relegated they were planning on building another tier above the west stand to cater for a further 10k. Checkout our attendances the year before we were relegated and you will see it was full every other week.

The worldwide economic crisis isn't going to last forever. I never said some rich arab would buy Leeds united right now, I said there was potential there. Lets not forget that 4 years ago Leeds were 40 million in debt and still had to pay off players from the prem. Last season we made 4.5 million profit, we are pretty much debt free and have nearly bought back thorpe arch training ground. By the end of next year we will own Elland Road again and by the end of 2011 will have built a Hotel and shopping Centre and much improved parking at Elland Road. Leeds City Council have already approved plans and building is pretty much going ahead this year.

So There you go. You can say what you like. Potential is there clearly and will be an attractive buy for some rich dude (Arab,American,Jap or from Timbuktu) in a few years from now when Bates is incapable or dead.

No they didn't. Nor did they match the number of occasions that City topped 30,000 during that season. And you're missing the point that City were here only fleetingly, whereas this is your second season and you could easily still be here next season, and that this could well be when a further slide gets underway as economic hardship leads some of your fans to stop attending regularly.

How many City or United fans are actually from Manchester is irrelevant. The point is that they get the crowds they do nad you don't and never did get their kind of average. By no means all of your fans come from Leeds, and they certainly didn't when you were an occasionally successful medium-sized club.

I'll have to get back to you regarding the rest as I'm working elsewhere for the rest of the afternoon.

No they didn't. Nor did they match the number of occasions that City topped 30,000 during that season. And you're missing the point that City were here only fleetingly, whereas this is your second season and you could easily still be here next season, and that this could well be when a further slide gets underway as economic hardship leads some of your fans to stop attending regularly.

How many City or United fans are actually from Manchester is irrelevant. The point is that they get the crowds they do nad you don't and never did get their kind of average. By no means all of your fans come from Leeds, and they certainly didn't when you were an occasionally successful medium-sized club.

I'll have to get back to you regarding the rest as I'm working elsewhere for the rest of the afternoon.

Yes they did. If I can be bothered to trail through the bits that mentioned it last season then Ill prove it to you. I actually remember it being mentioned on the O/S and on newsnow. Don't forget we got 39k on more than one occasion last season too especially in the run in.Man City's ground held 35k. We are here for the second season yes, but the players we had won enough games to get promoted. Is it the players fault we were deducted 15 points? The players we had won 91 points. The same 15 pt rule wouldn't have been an option if it happened in the Premier league,however Im not sticking up for Bates/Ridsdale.

Why are you comparing Man City to Leeds anyway? City this and City that? Do you support them or something FFS? :blink: Shouldn't you be defending Oldham.?

Leeds had at least 2 sell outs last season with 40k. Man City's stadium held 35k.

Anyway what's with the City this City that crap?. I Live in Spain so shall I bring Barcelona into the equation?

Leeds had at least 2 sell outs last season with 40k. Man City's stadium held 35k.

Anyway what's with the City this City that crap?. I Live in Spain so shall I bring Barcelona into the equation?

name ur 2 sell outs. and why bring barcelona into the equation? :sleeping:

38.5k against Gillingham and against Carlisle. 2k seats have been taken out for various reasons and twice last season we opened the east upper tier.

Also.

We hit over the 29k mark 7 times.

I was being sarcastic saying I was gonna bring Barcelona into the argument but that Corporal fella seems to be bringing Man City into his argument. I have a close mate from Denton who is a massive City fan. There is absolutely no way he would try and defend Oldham

Mr Boy the nearest you got to your '40k sellouts' was Gillingham 38,256 :sleeping::sleeping:

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/Fixtures/0...73~2007,00.html

Why dont you go on barcelonas sites and bore them to death

It isn't possible to get more than that now. Seats have been taken out. Ask any Leeds fan or look it up. Anyway its still 3k more than Man City EVER got and still broke records.

Edited by spainboy11

It isn't possible to get more than that now. Seats have been taken out. Ask any Leeds fan or look it up. Anyway its still 3k more than Man City EVER got and still broke records.

So why did you say you had 40k fans twice last season then??

The very next Leeds fan i see i will certainly ask them about this Mr Boy

I think you are on the wrong site mate cos not many people care (apart from CJ) so ill leave you in his good hands see you next season :grin:

So why did you say you had 40k fans twice last season then??

The very next Leeds fan i see i will certainly ask them about this Mr Boy

I think you are on the wrong site mate cos not many people care (apart from CJ) so ill leave you in his good hands see you next season :grin:

Because ive always known 40k as being a sell out. Forgotton seats had been taken out til afterwards. Well still not famous are we?. I think the day we played Gillingham we had the 5th biggest attendance in the country. We still get more than most championship teams even now.

What is it you get again every week? About 7k? Elland road has more people inside it than that an an hour before kick off.

Because ive always known 40k as being a sell out. Forgotton seats had been taken out til afterwards. Well still not famous are we?. I think the day we played Gillingham we had the 5th biggest attendance in the country. We still get more than most championship teams even now.

What is it you get again every week? About 7k? Elland road has more people inside it than that an an hour before kick off.

You're in Division 3 with the rest of us saps, stop creating a false accolade of being a heavyweight in the third tier. It hurts, we don't like it either, get over it...

..and around we go again..

In the grand scheme of things you are an unspectacular team in the biggest city in the UK to only have one professional football team.

As pointed out on page 2 of this thread. This is why your attendances are huge compared to other teams in this division... It has nothing in my mind to do with Leeds being a 'huge' team... 15/16 years ago we were a premiership team, now we're the longest serving member of this beautiful league (I think). Looking forward to 10 years time when you'll be reflecting on a similar scenario.

As pointed out on page 2 of this thread. This is why your attendances are huge compared to other teams in this division... It has nothing in my mind to do with Leeds being a 'huge' team... 15/16 years ago we were a premiership team, now we're the longest serving member of this beautiful league (I think). Looking forward to 10 years time when you'll be reflecting on a similar scenario.

Think we will go up this season anyway by whatever means. Leicester and Posh will take top 2 spots which leaves Leeds,Millwall,Scunthorpe and Mkfranchaise. Scunny have an extremely small squad now,Dons performance now is woeful and Millwall are beatable as we found out last month. We have just signed Sam Sodje today which is a very good signing for this division,plus injured players are near fit (Robinson and Richardson) and we have the best and biggest squad in the remaining 4 teams. I always knew we would mess it with Donny last season for 2 reasons, McAllister's inexperience and Donny are a very good passing side. This season we have a manager that is much better and has shown it plus I don't think there is much of a threat and no great passing team like there was with Donny.