Which 3 teams will go up from League one?

Come on you have your play thing back. Give it to me big boys.

You don't learn though do you? You counted your chickens the last time, and you're far from promoted yet.

Cheers for the 4 points though. If there's anything we can look back and reflect upon, it's quietening Elland Road down to a murmer. Again.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor Worm is right.

If you dont make the playoffs then it would be better for you next season if Leeds do go up. There are some tough teams coming down, Charlton being one of them who will more than likely keep their better players as Leicester did and to be fair Leeds have a very good manager now,proven at this level. When Simon Grayson came in he instantly steadied a very dodgy ship left behind by McAllister and has made Elland Road into a fortress.

Doctor Worm is right.

If you dont make the playoffs then it would be better for you next season if Leeds do go up. There are some tough teams coming down, Charlton being one of them who will more than likely keep their better players as Leicester did and to be fair Leeds have a very good manager now,proven at this level. When Simon Grayson came in he instantly steadied a very dodgy ship left behind by McAllister and has made Elland Road into a fortress.

Read it again.

Someone who talks sense.

Maybe I was giving it Billybigbollox but I was defending myself against about 10 people on here(understandable,your forum not mine) but I was getting a heap loads of PM's and emails to my addy hidden under an anon address saying you were better than us. Of course I couldn't do much about it seeing as I was banned at the first furlong and couldn't really be arsed resigning up but the annoying thing for you must also be the fact you have been in a good spot all season and now we are at the business end of the run you have completely messed it up (and you know it).

What chance do you have now? :grin:

No maybe about it - too full of yourself and the mighty L***s, spouting crap and coming on here - remember you started the thread not any of the mighty on here.

In the grand scheme of things you are an unspectacular team in the biggest city in the UK to only have one professional football team.

No marks in a city of one team - how :censored:e is that????????????? As :censored:e as L***s - you bet it is.

Thanks for the four points - easy takings.

Derek.

No maybe about it - too full of yourself and the mighty L***s, spouting crap and coming on here - remember you started the thread not any of the mighty on here.

In the grand scheme of things you are an unspectacular team in the biggest city in the UK to only have one professional football team.

No marks in a city of one team - how :censored:e is that????????????? As :censored:e as L***s - you bet it is.

Derek.

I'd never thought of that - how bad is that? :lol:

Personally I want Leeds to go up.

I know I am paring your post down to one sentence Doc - but that is wrong, simply and utterly wrong.

The only thing to hope for dirty, horrible, unsportsmanlike, vile, repugnant and awful L***s United is that they don't go bust whilst their dirty, horrible, unsportsmanlike, vile, repugnant and awful fans watch them tumble through the leagues.

Clough was right.

Derek.

Derek.

Pity the 4 points didn't do you much good being in the position you are in. It must be annoying being in the top 6 for most of the season but dropping out of them when the time really matters derek.

I pity you fella. Your idea of constructive argument amounts to what is effectively 'ner ner ner ner ner, my dad's bigger than yours'. The fact remains though is that we are probably going to miss out on the play-offs, where you won't. Trust me, from your point of view it's not exactly something to shout about. With budget and fanbase etc taken into account you should be with Leicester.

I'll look forward to your visits on here next season when you are still in this division and your 'we finished higher than you' is as pointless than our 'we took 4 points from you'. The only relevance is we will beat you again.....can you finish above us again?

Leeds are as deluded as we are by the sound of it.

I think it will be Leicester, MK Dons and Millwall. For no particular reason, just feminine intuition. But I also have this premonition that just maybe we will put a run together starting on Saturday and may just scrape into 6th place and then win at Wembley! Nice thought innit?!

If not, I would prefer southern teams to go up. Then we have more local derbys, hence more cash through the turnstiles and less miles to travel for away games.

Leeds are as deluded as we are by the sound of it.

I think it will be Leicester, MK Dons and Millwall. For no particular reason, just feminine intuition. But I also have this premonition that just maybe we will put a run together starting on Saturday and may just scrape into 6th place and then win at Wembley! Nice thought innit?!

If not, I would prefer southern teams to go up. Then we have more local derbys, hence more cash through the turnstiles and less miles to travel for away games.

Have you seen Mk Dons form recently? :grin: They have won about 1 game in the last 6 or so. Peterborough are way stronger than them right now and are in great form too. You really haven't done your homework have you.

Oh and doctor worm.

Spouting old Cliches and quotes from Clough is scraping the bottom of the barrel.If Leeds fans really didn't like them comments then there wouldn't be so many of us looking forward to Damned United. Clough is a laughable joke and he is in the best place right now.....6 foot under.

Although Leeds couldn't sell their allocation at BP, despite ticket prices being only 2/3rds the level charged by Master Bates at Bellend Road.

Although Leeds couldn't sell their allocation at BP, despite ticket prices being only 2/3rds the level charged by Master Bates at Bellend Road.

Did you know that Leeds have sold their alloted seats to away games?

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNews...1602253,00.html

Nearly every team in league one has broken attendance records when Leeds and Leicester have visited,(Mainly Leeds of course) so don't give me that guff. When Leeds went to Crewe last week we had occupied 2 of their stands.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Divi...~200825,00.html

The proof is there, unless you think these are wrong. :blink:

League one chairmen rub their hands when Leeds come to town.

Edited by spainboy11

Ok ill delete the swear words.

Come on you have your play thing back. Give it to me big boys.

Latics can only ever compete with big city clubs like Leeds sporadically, and they will eventually leave us behind. But one thing is certain: Leeds will never recover their former status in the game.

It's gone. Forever. They're already mostly reknowned for being the subject of a controversial film and novel, for which they merely form the backdrop.

Did you know that Leeds have sold their alloted seats to away games?

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNews...1602253,00.html

Nearly every team in league one has broken attendance records when Leeds and Leicester have visited,(Mainly Leeds of course) so don't give me that guff. When Leeds went to Crewe last week we had occupied 2 of their stands.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Divi...~200825,00.html

The proof is there, unless you think these are wrong. :blink:

Nothing remarkable about that. Leeds is a big city with only one club.

Despite that, they are nowhere near as well-supported as clubs in other one club cities which have considerably smaller populations; Newcastle and Sunderland spring to mind. City are far better supported despite being near-neighbours of the self-proclaimed biggest club in the world.

Leeds were just a seventies flash-in-the-pan.

But, but, we've got steps that lead down to the pitch....

Ner.

You're in Division 3 with the rest of us saps, stop creating a false accolade of being a heavyweight in the third tier. It hurts, we don't like it either, get over it...

Latics can only ever compete with big city clubs like Leeds sporadically, and they will eventually leave us behind. But one thing is certain: Leeds will never recover their former status in the game.

It's gone. Forever. They're already mostly reknowned for being the subject of a controversial film and novel, for which they merely form the backdrop.

Of course they will. Im under no illusion that it will take time but no one will take the fanbase and money generated away. Granted it may take beyond Bates but it will happen. Let's remember that Bates is nearly 80.Soon he will die or will become too old.That is fact and life but with an average crowd of 23k in the third tier potentially over 40k,maybe even 50k then eventually Leeds united will catch the eye of some very rich investor.

There is serious money to be made at Leeds United when in the top tier.Bates is happy in league one with a low wage structure and 23k people through the gates and although " We are not famous anymore" the potential is a lot bigger than anything in league one and most of the Championship and the sooner Bates pops off the better. Leeds will be back in top flight football within 5-6 years and what has happened to us will soon be forgotton.

Edited by spainboy11

Why do you lot hate Cloughie so much? Is it because he left you became famous, bigger than Dirty Leeds and the best manager England never had? Nottingham Forest's gain, most definately your loss.... :disappointed:

Edited by footy68

Of course they will. Im under no illusion that it will take time but no one will take the fanbase and money generated away. Granted it may take beyond Bates but it will happen. Let's remember that Bates is nearly 80.Soon he will die or will become too old.That is fact and life but with an average crowd of 23k in the third tier potentially over 40k,maybe even 50k then eventually Leeds united will catch the eye of some very rich investor.

There is serious money to be made at Leeds United when in the top tier.Bates is happy in league one with a low wage structure and 23k people through the gates and although " We are not famous anymore" the potential is a lot bigger than anything in league one and most of the Championship and the sooner Bates pops off the better. Leeds will be back in top flight football within 5-6 years and what has happened to us will soon be forgotton.

Nothing remarkable about 23,000 at this level for a big city club in a one-club city. Man City managed 29,000 at a time when their near-neighbours were achieving unprecedented success and their own successes were in the more distant past than those of your club.

It's changes in the way the game is structured, particularly in the financial sense, that rules out your ability to compete with the biggest. Look at City, Everton or Spurs, or the two north-east clubs already mentioned-all better supported than Leeds, but all without a chance of breaking into the Champions League places (at least until City's new owners came along, and even they're guaranteed nothing.)

Unless Leeds get bought up by Arabs or a Russian oligarch, they're also-rans forever. And that isn't going to happen now that the worldwide economic crisis is eating into the fortunes of such people. The Premier League bubble will have burst before Leeds get back there anyway.

By the way, why would Leeds suddenly mange 40-50,000 when they've never had such an average before?

It's a rugby town anyway, Leeds, isn't it?