Lewis Allesandra

Not good enough in my eyes! I know this will upset quiet a few people on here but really is he good enough?

I think the majority (if not all) need to look past the golden boy (if you will) status he had during his time in the youth team and the reserves.

Apart from Scunthorpe what exactly has he done?

Fair enough he has decent pace and good technique but if he was good enough he would be in the team every week.

It would be Allesandra getting loaned out and not O'Grady

One for the future - i dont think so

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good enough in my eyes! I know this will upset quiet a few people on here but really is he good enough?

I think the majority (if not all) need to look past the golden boy (if you will) status he had during his time in the youth team and the reserves.

Fair enough he has decent pace and good technique but if he was good enough he would be in the team every week.

well he gets his chance now, theres only him smalley and kabba left up front.

golden boy status? I think you've labelled him with that yourself as i've never heard anything of the sort.

As for whether Lewi is good enough. On his day. Yes, but his days are few and far between because chances have been limited so we havent seen what he's really capable of to make a true judgement as to whether he could be decent.

He's shown more determination, movement, creativity and desire when he's come on in recent games than both the strikers who've started ahead of him, so that'll do for me till the summer.

golden boy status? I think you've labelled him with that yourself as i've never heard anything of the sort.

As for whether Lewi is good enough. On his day. Yes, but his days are few and far between because chances have been limited so we havent seen what he's really capable of to make a true judgement as to whether he could be decent.

He's shown more determination, movement, creativity and desire when he's come on in recent games than both the strikers who've started ahead of him, so that'll do for me till the summer.

His chances have been few and far between because hes not good enough! he can show as much determination etc as he wants but hes simply not good enough, if he was we wouldnt have brought windass and kabba in, and played them before him! so you agree we should evalute his postition in the summer

His chances have been few and far between because hes not good enough! he can show as much determination etc as he wants but hes simply not good enough, if he was we wouldnt have brought windass and kabba in, and played them before him! so you agree we should evalute his postition in the summer

i wouldn.t go that far...he has the pace and upper strength he just needs a little push in the right direction he must know that this is his last chance to shine

a new manager firing him up...it has all the makings of a fairytale story for young lewis...i hope that he proves you wrong...in a nice way

Showed what he can do against scunthorpe at home and at that point, him and Hughes were looking pretty good. We had one bad game after that (Yeovil) and Lewis was then dropped (for no reason) and never got another decent chance. Time after time he was left on the bench for anybody and everybody else (Windass, Kabba, Ormerod etc) when he should have been in the side. Is it any wonder that recently, when he has got a few minutes, he's struggled - Can you imagine what it did to a young learning player to score a hat-trick and then be dropped after one bad game where it wasn't even just him who played badly?

Showed what he can do against scunthorpe at home and at that point, him and Hughes were looking pretty good. We had one bad game after that (Yeovil) and Lewis was then dropped (for no reason) and never got another decent chance. Time after time he was left on the bench for anybody and everybody else (Windass, Kabba, Ormerod etc) when he should have been in the side. Is it any wonder that recently, when he has got a few minutes, he's struggled - Can you imagine what it did to a young learning player to score a hat-trick and then be dropped after one bad game where it wasn't even just him who played badly?

We were crap (and still are) after the yeovil game, yet we brought strikers in on loan with allesandra on the bench does that not tell you something?

he will (hopefully) score tomorrow and i will stand corrected, but if he scores on a regular basis he can have my house

he will (hopefully) score tomorrow and i will stand corrected, but if he scores on a regular basis he can have my house

Lewis (amongst others) stepped up at the end of last season when the 'first choice' players were injured. It wasn't quite enough, but they did themselves proud in my opinion. Hopefully they will play in the same manner this year. Lewis and Deane have always had a great partnership - hopefully we'll see it. As has been said earlier, he was doing great at the start of the season. Maybe he just needs the right leadership and coaching to bring out his best.

Lewis has the class that can't be coached, Isn't it obvious to anyone who has watched him that he has variable confidence? He scored a load in the youths and reserves (in a different position) but unlike others who have done that he has shown he has far more to his game. MAybe he will never be a 20 goal striker, but we've had precious few of them. If he got 10 in a season his all round play would make him more than worth having in the side. I reckon the midfielders who score when he plays would agree.

We were crap (and still are) after the yeovil game, yet we brought strikers in on loan with allesandra on the bench does that not tell you something?

Absolutely. It tells me that the manager failed to spot the key component in the success of the team from early in the season, so brought in the half-fit journeymen, rather than exploiting the raw talent he already had at the club.

When Alessandra has played, our points per game and goals per game is higher as a team. Our goals against is also better. That applied last season and this season. Go and work it out for yourself. As a strike partner for Hughes, which only happened this season, we were top of the league until Shez left him out.

He holds the ball up. We don't have another forward that does this. Do you not understnd how important it is to a midfield? How much pressure that takes off the midfield? How it gives them the time to get forwards to join the attack? Whitaker looks a better player when he links up with LA. The midfield is balanced when Alessandra plays!

I would rather have Lewis Alessandra on my team creating goals for midfielders and strike partners and not scoring, than having the likes of Ormerod, Kabba and Byfield who rarely did the same. In a handful of starts and substitute appearances I can think of assist and goal v Millwall, hat-trick v Scunthorpe and cross for the third at Crewe that stand out. But don't underestimate his contribution to Taylor's second at Leeds. He impaired the defenders vision and took him out of the game with his movement before Taylor curled one in to the top corner.

That last example may not show as a goal or an assist for Lewis Alessandra, but the lad has more football brain than 80% of the players currently on show.

Should he score more himself? Yes.

Falling over? Not ideal, but given an extended run in the side his confidence will grow and he will make a more telling contribution. Not being picked when in form cannot be good for confidence!

Saviour? Not on his own. But I suspect we would have an extra 8-10 points in the locker from games where our midfield has been outplayed, simply because he eases the pressure on them more than O'Grady and Davies (blind alley merchants), more than Windass (flick and don't move) and more than Byfield or Ormerod who were simply here to get fit. Not to mention the team scoring more and conceding less in those games he plays.

Apparently Hughes told fans his preferred strike partner is LA. If he mentioned it to Shez and Shez didn't act, then he deserves everything he got.

Your views creepy? Wrong on this one.

Edited by opinions4u

Totally agree O4U. He's a young lad who has shown us all what he is capable of, unfortunatly he had a manager who prefered to bring in players rather than show him the faith he needed.

He needs a lot of work still to become the finnished article but he definitly has the talent. And hopefully, he now has a manager who will show some beleif in him and give him the confidence he needs to go on and fulfill that talent.

wont forget him being clean through one on one with keeper in last few mins at leicester away,,i know hed only been on 5-10 mins but he made a complete cock of himself and from that moment on i thought,,,,,,no

I've seen Ronaldo miss a couple of sitters in his time.

Amazed Fergie didn't bring in Byfield on loan to replace him after that.

wont forget him being clean through one on one with keeper in last few mins at leicester away,,i know hed only been on 5-10 mins but he made a complete cock of himself and from that moment on i thought,,,,,,no

yea haha i remmeber that