Season Tickets and Discounts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that actually would put a few on the gate.....if City could sell out at Premiership prices.

Never gona happen.

Students won't come to BP in any number. More worrying is the effect that having City so close will have on our ability to attract a new generation of fans. Whether they start to win anything or not, the calibre of player City can now afford guarantees that they will eventually sell out their ground on a regular basis. After all, they're not that far off doing so for their PL games anyway, and did so on a regular basis during the first couple of seasons in COMS.

Why would youngsters who don't fall for the ManUre myth, especially from the near-Manchester side of Oldham, choose their struggling hometwon club in a degenerating, atmosphereless three-sided ground, when they can see international stars for an admission fee not much greater, in a modern stadium just as easy to travel to?

This is yet another reason why some success was imperative for Latics. Joe Royle doing an Andy Ritchie on a drastically-reduced budget will only convince an increasingly sceptical Latics faithful. The Oldham public at large will, as we will see, remain indifferent.

Jesus, why don't we just give it away to all members of society and have done with it?

Students: Either live at home, in which case not too short of cash; live away and can't get back for games; or are from somewhere else and aren't Oldham fans - you might get them for a game or two but little else. No big losses. Should pay full.

Pensioners: The richest subsection of society. Should pay full.

Unemployed: I'd be right royally :censored: off if they started letting people in cheaper if they didn't have a job. I work for a living so I can do things like this. If people can get it for doing nowt then I'd question if I was being taken for a ride.

I would have U14: Free, but only in one stand (not to pick one out, but the RRE as it is largely full of kids anyway)

U16: Minimal.

U18: somwhere in between

Anything after: Full price.

I hope your job isnt in Marketing

I'm just sick of people coming on here claiming the destitute should get a free ride.

I have a mortgage to pay. Give ME a discount.

I have to travel 130 miles to games. I need recompense.

I have to take off time from work to get to mid-week games. I need more.

If peoples priorities lie elsewhere so be it, but all this giving people a free ride does is alienate your mainstay support who are, in all reality, paying for the freeloaders.

hear, hear.

20% discount for anyone who show's March's payslip at the turnstile on Saturday.

Private Sector only though.

So do I, but if I don't I wouldn't expect (or want) things on the cheap because I haven't.

Just like I didn't when I was a student.

Just like I won't when (or if) I reach the magical age of 65.

you're either showing your age or haven't realised they've increased the state retirement age - 67 for me :mad:

A nice discount for paying early certainley sounds good to me

Can you pay in installments?

I apologies if anyone else has already responded but the answer is yes. It is the only way I can afford to get one myself. Ask the club to send you an application form and complete it - first payment goes out virtually straight away and you pay over 10 instalments - coz mine got sorted straight away, started paying in May so paid up in Feb so not too bad. Interest reasonable too!

Cheers for that, 10 installments is good for me. I may not even need it as I should have most of the money put aside anwayin due to not payingg Councvil Tax for the last 2 months and my mortgage dropping £100 a month due to the intrest rates

Just want them to release the details now so I know what to do and can sort out where I want to sit

it will never happen but they should look at bradford they get 17,000 every home game. they shud slash the prices and get more people in therefore making more money thru more sales and also improving the atmosphere which in turn shud help improve the performances

it will never happen but they should look at bradford they get 17,000 every home game. they shud slash the prices and get more people in therefore making more money thru more sales and also improving the atmosphere which in turn shud help improve the performances

are you saying we too could be just outside the play off places with 6 games to go? :unsure:

1 Brentford 39 11 7 2 33 14 8 7 4 20 16 23 71

2 Bury 40 11 4 5 30 18 7 8 5 24 21 15 66

3 Rochdale 40 10 6 4 39 21 8 5 7 28 29 17 65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Wycombe 39 9 9 2 27 14 7 8 4 18 14 17 65

5 Exeter 40 11 4 5 31 22 7 7 6 26 24 11 65

6 Gillingham 40 11 6 3 36 18 7 5 8 18 33 3 65

7 Shrewsbury 40 14 3 3 39 14 1 12 7 15 24 16 60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Bradford 40 10 8 2 34 16 6 3 11 24 32 10 59

Average home following is around 5,000.

Home capacity of 9,000.

If they halved the price of season tickets and sold out the club's income would be less.

It's a tough call for TTA. If we had a ground the size of Bradford and could guarantee selling 15,000+ season tickets at £99 I think they'd do it. But we don't have the ground and we certainly don't have another 10,000+ people who would buy, even at that price.

Discounting is attractive to purchasers, but unless the income generated by those additional sales is more than the cost of the discount there is little benefit.

And while I agree with all the "free kids" promotions they do (e.g. 600 for the Scunthorpe home game) we all know that these kids and their dads are rarely there at the next home game. The handful that are merely replace others who drift away as the way they choose to spend their time changes.

Edited by opinions4u

Average home following is around 5,000.

Home capacity of 9,000.

If they halved the price of season tickets and sold out the club's income would be less.

It's a tough call for TTA. If we had a ground the size of Bradford and could guarantee selling 15,000+ season tickets at £99 I think they'd do it. But we don't have the ground and we certainly don't have another 10,000+ people who would buy, even at that price.

Discounting is attractive to purchasers, but unless the income generated by those additional sales is more than the cost of the discount there is little benefit.

And while I agree with all the "free kids" promotions they do (e.g. 600 for the Scunthorpe home game) we all know that these kids and their dads are rarely there at the next home game. The handful that are merely replace others who drift away as the way they choose to spend their time changes.

And if the club didn't do anything to replace those that drift away? Even if they didn't come to the next match, some will probably get the bug and come to games in the future. Most of the die hards probably got hooked as kids.

Like you say though- the club aren't going to do any kind of ST promotion. One thing that they could do, like at other clubs, is to reward repeat STs with a slightly cheaper rate or other incentive. It happens at other clubs. Whether it works or not, who knows!

And if the club didn't do anything to replace those that drift away? Even if they didn't come to the next match, some will probably get the bug and come to games in the future. Most of the die hards probably got hooked as kids.

Like you say though- the club aren't going to do any kind of ST promotion. One thing that they could do, like at other clubs, is to reward repeat STs with a slightly cheaper rate or other incentive. It happens at other clubs. Whether it works or not, who knows!

Totally agree that they do have to have a range of schemes that make the customer feel valued or wanted in some way.

I was lured in by the Brighton/Northampton games before Christmas 2006 (£2/£1) so these things do have an element of success.

We all know what the best scheme would be to bring the fans back is:

Playing better football more often. Then they don't drift away as easily.