Season Tickets and Discounts

I have an idea, I was at Nottingham Trent Uni the other day on an open day and they have a deal where students who attend the uni get £10 entry to Notts County/Forest home games, why dont we do that with Huddersfield Uni/Oldham College or even the Manchester Unis? This along with discount for unemployed people should be done as I feel the club isnt broad enough with it's target audience and tries too hard to promote it'self towards families

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come pay day I will have £200 put aside for the cost of my ticket. The rest is going on the credit card. Just need to see if my 7yr old son wants to come aswell

Main Stand Upper here I come (I hope)

I don't think you can use credit cards to pay for ST's but you can do it on finance at around £30 a month.

I would hope they keep it to within 5% plus keeping the childs Season ticket deal going

I would hope you get a further 10% off yours if you keep the same seat Lags!......take it you'll be looking for a move?

I would hope you get a further 10% off yours if you keep the same seat Lags!......take it you'll be looking for a move?

I think I've moved enough for the old man, I am staying put. I guess the only time I've got totally pissed off and told the weak bladdered tool he did move seats for the remainder of that match. Have you ever known anyone to piss as much? He must miss a third of the season in the bogs, add to that he's usually late.

I don't think you can use credit cards to pay for ST's but you can do it on finance at around £30 a month.

you can .... well at least they let us last season via the online ticket office..

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/Seaso...,,10337,00.html

IIRC you then had to pay if you wanted it delivering or pick it up at the club for no extra cost... but they stuck on another £6 or so for being able to do it online..

I think I've moved enough for the old man, I am staying put. I guess the only time I've got totally pissed off and told the weak bladdered tool he did move seats for the remainder of that match. Have you ever known anyone to piss as much? He must miss a third of the season in the bogs, add to that he's usually late.

Aye, if we had a couple of strikers who covered half as much ground per match as he does we'd be up by now!

I have an idea, I was at Nottingham Trent Uni the other day on an open day and they have a deal where students who attend the uni get £10 entry to Notts County/Forest home games, why dont we do that with Huddersfield Uni/Oldham College or even the Manchester Unis? This along with discount for unemployed people should be done as I feel the club isnt broad enough with it's target audience and tries too hard to promote it'self towards families

They already have a student discount (£11 on the gate £10 in advance- which is concession price) but you have to join the membership scheme which costs £13 (primarily for the 10 minutes of staff time it takes to make sure the form is filled in). It wouldn't take much to scrap this and provided you had a valid NUS card you can get in for the concession price (most other places accept the NUS card to qualify as a student).

I like the idea of paying so much to have a season ticket for more than 1 year as I think that could be useful for some people (who know they'll be paying for one for the next few years).

Something I've suggested directly to the club on several occasions and which continues to fall on deaf ears.

Something I've suggested directly to the club on several occasions and which continues to fall on deaf ears.

if we were a University town with thousands of students knocking about it would be a fantastic idea.

but we're not.

if we were a University town with thousands of students knocking about it would be a fantastic idea.

but we're not.

No Oldham isn't but Manchester has the biggest uni in the country and there are a fair few 'universities' in the North East Manchester area. If we had student discount based on NUS card as opposed to the current system we might get one or two coming to the odd game. Legend has it in Glasgow quite a few students (especially the non-locals) went to see Partick Thistle purely because they weren't sure about going to see Gers or Celtic (or couldn't get tickets). Man United sells out every game and if Citeh continue as they are they won't be fair off- we could pick up some stragglers who want to see a professional game but can't get tickets to our biggest rivals.

The crowds have gradually got worse towards the latter part of the season due to poor performances and also the recession has hit Oldham and surrounding area's quite bad.

Ways to keep the fan's coming to BP regarding tickets:

1. Lower season ticket prices

2. 5/10/15 game tickets

3. 16-22 intemediate tickets

4. Student discount without £13 membership

5. Unemployed discounted match day tickets

6. Bring back a membership scheme

Another way to keep season tickets cost down is to charge to sit in the the main stand considerably more to subsidise for the lesser off who'd go behind the goals in the cheaper area's (Although I really can't see this going down well with the Main Standers!). I only say this as I'm aware of many fan's who sit in the Main stand who are not short of a few bob and wouldn't mind paying more to see Latics.

Only idea's to try and keep the club's attendances up there with other clubs our size. I bet the club wish they could of sold a few 4 game tickets for when Royle returned as the home crowds till the end of the season will be bleak now its all over.

When I was at college / uni there was no schemes for students... I struggled too make games...

When I was at college there were no schemes for students either.

1 year I had a season ticket, the next I spent Saturday afternoons between the pub and bookies.

Does anyone have anymore info on how the finance is worked for a ST?

Is it that they just spread the cost of the ticket over 12 months. May be intrested in doing it this way as then I have £200 ish to spend on other stuff. Could do with a new home top to compliment the Pink one that is on order

but we're not.

Manchester Met, UMIST and Salford are all only 7 miles from Boundary Park (if you dont beleive me check it out on google maps), Huddersfield Uni have a campus in Oldham, I think the club needs to broaden it's horizons rather than focus on the town of Oldham. It might not work but at least it will be worth a try

Manchester Met, UMIST and Salford are all only 7 miles from Boundary Park (if you dont beleive me check it out on google maps), Huddersfield Uni have a campus in Oldham, I think the club needs to broaden it's horizons rather than focus on the town of Oldham. It might not work but at least it will be worth a try

I'd say it's a worth a try too, but the best thing the club can do in my opinion is have a big push on those in Primary School and keep under 16 prices as low as poss. They are the future.

Also, why are some people saying it's a given that prices will go up next season ? Have I missed something ? I can't recall reading/hearing such a statement.

I know the club have mentioned reduce budgets etc - I hope this can be effected by paying the players less. Double-edged sword of course as the better players cost more, but there are signs that generally players salaries will decrease next season...about time too ! Not that I can blame them, but they are taking a lot of money out of the game...too much.

Edited by Yard Dog

I doubt they sell many at full price anyway do they? I’d have thought that people who can’t get the money together or whose application was returned to them undelivered after three months (for example) probably just pay on the day. One idea from here which I am coming round to is a reduced price for maybe 16-19 year olds, it could stop them from losing the habit altogether and it would most likely make a ST decent value compared to lying at the gate and paying in as a kid anyway.

Good point I know of 3 17 year olds who don't go anymore, 3 empty seats loss of revenue say £250 this season lifetime lost customers £50K ?

I wish I could have afforded a season ticket when I was a student

When I did have the money, work and other commitments got in the way

They have all been moved aside now though and I can't wait

When I was at Uni in Sheffield for mid week games Sheff U used to promote £5 entry or £7.50 for entry + a pie + a pint.

With not getting to many Latics games at the time the second option meant I went to nearly every Sheff U midweek game for three years. Lots of people took up the offer. Even though no one supported them.

Not sure if it would at Latics as Bramall Lane's right in the heart of the student area, so it was only a 5 minute walk for me. Can't see people travelling from Salford or Manchester for League 1 football.

Maybe worth trying outside sixth form college???