Season Tickets and Discounts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point I know of 3 17 year olds who don't go anymore, 3 empty seats loss of revenue say £250 this season lifetime lost customers £50K ?

The latter being the more important if you are in for the long haul... I'm sure I could have ended up drifting away more and more at one point when I moved down South, having already drifted away when I moved away to Uni, but somehow I fell back. There are so many dfferent circumstances in everyones lives but it makes sense to protect your crucial future punters at vulnerable times, and when you are coming of an age when you need every penny available for irresponsible binge drinking, taking mind bending drugs and pursuing sexual relations outside of the stable family unit then it's quite easy to miss the need to save that £20 for Saturday.

Manchester Met, UMIST and Salford are all only 7 miles from Boundary Park (if you dont beleive me check it out on google maps), Huddersfield Uni have a campus in Oldham, I think the club needs to broaden it's horizons rather than focus on the town of Oldham. It might not work but at least it will be worth a try

i don't think it would be

Jesus, why don't we just give it away to all members of society and have done with it?

Students: Either live at home, in which case not too short of cash; live away and can't get back for games; or are from somewhere else and aren't Oldham fans - you might get them for a game or two but little else. No big losses. Should pay full.

Pensioners: The richest subsection of society. Should pay full.

Unemployed: I'd be right royally :censored: off if they started letting people in cheaper if they didn't have a job. I work for a living so I can do things like this. If people can get it for doing nowt then I'd question if I was being taken for a ride.

I would have U14: Free, but only in one stand (not to pick one out, but the RRE as it is largely full of kids anyway)

U16: Minimal.

U18: somwhere in between

Anything after: Full price.

Students: Either live at home, in which case not too short of cash; live away and can't get back for games; or are from somewhere else and aren't Oldham fans - you might get them for a game or two but little else. No big losses. Should pay full.

:lol:

That's gibberish.

I lived away from home but still came to Latics games when I was a student. I was broke but made the effort when I could. I also know people who lived at home and still couldn't afford to go games on a regular basis.

Jesus, I think he would have taken a more compassionate view

why don't we just give it away to all members of society and have done with it?

Not true. for a start there are lots who live away but aren't that far away they don't get back for significant numbers of games. and if they do live at home it may mean they are short of cash!

Pensioners: The richest subsection of society. Should pay full. Those on basic state pension are far from rich and the Oldham area probably has a higher than average number of these

Unemployed: I'd be right royally :censored: off if they started letting people in cheaper if they didn't have a job. I work for a living so I can do things like this. If people can get it for doing nowt then I'd question if I was being taken for a ride. Do you really think that all uneployed people choose to be so!!??

I would have U14: Free, but only in one stand (not to pick one out, but the RRE as it is largely full of kids anyway) RRE full of kids? Should have been to SpecSavers

U16: Minimal.

U18: somwhere in between

Anything after: Full price.

I'm just sick of people coming on here claiming the destitute should get a free ride.

I have a mortgage to pay. Give ME a discount.

I have to travel 130 miles to games. I need recompense.

I have to take off time from work to get to mid-week games. I need more.

If peoples priorities lie elsewhere so be it, but all this giving people a free ride does is alienate your mainstay support who are, in all reality, paying for the freeloaders.

I'm just sick of people coming on here claiming the destitute should get a free ride.

I have a mortgage to pay. Give ME a discount.

I have to travel 130 miles to games. I need recompense.

I have to take off time from work to get to mid-week games. I need more.

If peoples priorities lie elsewhere so be it, but all this giving people a free ride does is alienate your mainstay support who are, in all reality, paying for the freeloaders.

I really hope you keep your job.

So do I, but if I don't I wouldn't expect (or want) things on the cheap because I haven't.

So . if unemployed, you would refuse to accept discounts? You would reject the notion that society can be compassionate towards those who are less fortunate?

Just like I didn't when I was a student.

Never drank at the student union bar? Never got any discount elsewhere?

Just like I won't when (or if) I reach the magical age of 65.

So you'll pay a bus fare rather than travel free? Presumably you won't accept your OAP either. It's paid for out of taxes you have contributed - but so are bus passes and other local and central government support for pensioners.

Edited by LaticsPete

So do I, but if I don't I wouldn't expect (or want) things on the cheap because I haven't.

So, if unemployed, you would refuse to accept discounts? You would reject the notion that society can be compassionate towards those who are less fortunate? These are two seperate issues. I have paid for such things that society offers in my taxes/NI. I have not paid in advance for cheaper football tickets.

Didn't get a student discount at a student bar. They were that price.

So you'll pay a bus fare rather than travel free? Presumably you won't accept your OAP either. It's paid for out of taxes you have contributed - but so are bus passes and other local and central government support for pensioners.See first point

Would you expect to be able to buy a car cheaper if you were unemployed, a student or an OAP? Why should it be different with another product?

Rubbish... Might be true for some but in general thats rubbish.... Sits and wait for the "my mate" comment....thinking it applies to everyone...

Pensioners: The richest subsection of society. Should pay full.

Rubbish...again.... Might be true for some but in general thats rubbish.... Sits and wait for the "my gran" comment....thinking it applies to everyone...

Unemployed: I'd be right royally :censored: off if they started letting people in cheaper if they didn't have a job. I work for a living so I can do things like this. If people can get it for doing nowt then I'd question if I was being taken for a ride.

Agreed... If you havent got a job going to the football should be the least of your concerns...

So, if unemployed, you would refuse to accept discounts? You would reject the notion that society can be compassionate towards those who are less fortunate? These are two seperate issues. I have paid for such things that society offers in my taxes/NI. I have not paid in advance for cheaper football tickets.

Didn't get a student discount at a student bar. They were that price.

So you'll pay a bus fare rather than travel free? Presumably you won't accept your OAP either. It's paid for out of taxes you have contributed - but so are bus passes and other local and central government support for pensioners.See first point

Would you expect to be able to buy a car cheaper if you were unemployed, a student or an OAP? Why should it be different with another product?

You are shifting about a bit! You said that you wouldn't take discounts when 65. now it's only those that aren't paid for by taxes Ok.

But why shouldn't a commercial company, including foootball clubs, offer discounts to targeted groups? If it offends you that football does it I guess you are equally mortified at every other company that does the same. And there are masses that do . Ever been to the cinema ? or shopped at B& Q etc etc?

Student union bar prices are discounted! I can tell you that as an ex-SU president.

Edited by LaticsPete

You are shifting about a bit! You said that you wouldn't take discounts when 65. now it's only those that aren't paid for by taxes Ok.

But why shouldn't a commercial company, including football clubs, offer discounts to targeted groups? If it offends you that football does it I guess you are equally mortified at every other company that does the same. And there are masses that do . Ever been to the cinema ? or shopped at B&Q etc etc?

Student union bar prices are discounted! I can tell you that as an ex-SU president.

Not exactly shifting, as we were talking about the price of football tickets at the time.

If they (Oldham Athletic, B&Q, Toyota, MacDonalds, whoever) want to do it, then that is up to them. But they can hardly be miffed when the populace tells them to do one as they don't want to pay for other peoples tickets/wood/car/boiga.

i did originally post this in here, but then i thought 'actually this is a seperate thing, being that its a question on our future support. also people who havent been on for a few days wont want to read four pages of opinion on a seperate subject, so ill start a new thread'. but then ackey the powerhungry/ extremely bored moderator moved it. he may even edit what i say, as he has done before. what i said was, my son attends school in oldham, when he started there were was one oldham fan out of thirty six kids, and my lad wasnt it!! there are now four, and they attend every home game. do i get a discount for my indoctrination skills? does anyone else dabble in such brainwashing schemes..?

i did originally post this in here, but then i thought 'actually this is a seperate thing, being that its a question on our future support. also people who havent been on for a few days wont want to read four pages of opinion on a seperate subject, so ill start a new thread'. but then ackey the powerhungry/ extremely bored moderator moved it. he may even edit what i say, as he has done before. what i said was, my son attends school in oldham, when he started there were was one oldham fan out of thirty six kids, and my lad wasnt it!! there are now four, and they attend every home game. do i get a discount for my indoctrination skills? does anyone else dabble in such brainwashing schemes..?

no...

next...