League 1 next season

Personally from the championship i want:

Charlton- nailed on they are down- new ground- good london train trip- would do a Forest in league 1

southampton- never been- good weekend away- in turmoil wouldnt mount a challenge

norwich- never been- possibly no a leicester though

dont want- plymouth, barnsley, forest- been them all loads-

from league 2;

exeter- never been- weekend trip again- hereford of this season

dale- derby game- lower mid table

bury- derby game- relegation

dont want- brentford- but they will go up, definately dont want gillingham or wycombe- wouldnt challenge in league 1

down from league 1;

good riddance to cheltenham, brighton, hereford and 1 from yeovil or swindon hopefully- all long boring trips gone

up- leicester, posh and leeds- help us for next season getting rid of them

overall of the teams entering league 1 i dont think the league will be as strong as it is this year

Aah the popular who do you want in the division next season topic. The optimist in me doesn't want to post too much on this because I'm looking at us not being in it and seeing who I want relegated from the Premiership into the Championship. The realist in me says other things.

Coming down from the Championship:

Charlton (one of the few grounds my Dad has been to that I haven't), in London and so provided we get them at the right time of year on a saturday cold well end up going. Almost guaranteed to be in our league and their current form suggests they might not do so well in our divison but I can see them being up there.

Southampton like Charlton almost guaranteed to be in our league (if they still exist). Might well go (again provided its during the right time of year). Will struggle to do much due to their financial problems (and possible points deduction) but if these get solved I think may do a Leicester.

Blackpool as aside from Plymouth are the team least likely to do a Leicester but is a good away day out and much closer

Going up

Leicester- almost certain

Millwall- not likely to go there until I'm getting to 80 or so of the 92 and I think if they don't go up could still be quite strong next year

Scunthorpe- I've been (and although its not the worst away game) I think they too could be quite strong next year

However, I think the Posh will go up which slightly annoys me as I can't anyone from that family and if they don't they will loose their best players next year and will struggle as they look to be not a strong team without them (the strikers).

I want Leeds to stay in this division for as long as we do because they are Leeds and I can see them loosing Beckford in the summer as well as some of their other good players, like Delph. As it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed thinking they would walk the league without the 15 points and be playing Championship football next year at Leeds instead they find things are remarkably different.

Going down

Swindon- I've been and we never do well there and they seem to do something here

Brighton- Ditto

It looks like Hereford and Cheltenham are going down but in an ideal world it might be nice if one of them stayed up and the Cobblers went down since I've been to Northampton but have yet to go to Cheltenham or Hereford

Comning up from League 2

Brentford look quite good- and with their famous four pubs on each corner could be a good away trip at the right time of year

Rochdale and Bury (don't think this needs explaining) although they would be games I would hate to loose

Out of what's left Darlo would be nice but they are out of it especially when you consider they are almost out of business. Otherwise Shrewsbury looks quite good as I've never been to anyone else, they are on a good rail line (same line as Hereford) and I can't see them doing a lot in our league although with ex-Rochdalian Grant Holt in their side might beat us.

Coming down:

Charlton, Southampton and Norwich (unless a miracle happens and Watford come down).

Going up:

Leicester, Peterborough and anyone but Millwall.

Going down:

Hereford, Cheltenham, Northampton and Crewe.

Coming up:

Brentford, Wycombe, Gillingham and Rochdale.

Selfish reasons all round, really.

Let me say this, I'm not a Corporal Jones Hater, but you never show even the smallest glimpse of optimism..

I don't find any reason for optimism in likely a cut budget, no prospect of the stadium redevelopment getting underway, and the failure and passing into history of what was, at the start of the season, widely agreed on here to be the strongest squad in a long time and the best we could hope for.

I suppose there might be a better standard of pie, or less scalding tea, on offer next season, though.

I don't find any reason for optimism in likely a cut budget, no prospect of the stadium redevelopment getting underway, and the failure and passing into history of what was, at the start of the season, widely agreed on here to be the strongest squad in a long time and the best we could hope for.

I suppose there might be a better standard of pie, or less scalding tea, on offer next season, though.

I reckon we'll have a squad that, on paper at least, should challenge for promotion. No worries there. I believe TTA aren't content with us being in this League and they'll make the necessary funds available. Maybe the budget will be reduced, but with some big-earners likes Hughes and possibly Lids making way, and players' wages likely to decrease, there'll be scope for the next manager to bring in some quality.

Like this season, it'll come down to the players performing to the best of their ability, consistently.

I reckon we'll have a squad that, on paper at least, should challenge for promotion. No worries there. I believe TTA aren't content with us being in this League and they'll make the necessary funds available. Maybe the budget will be reduced, but with some big-earners likes Hughes and possibly Lids making way, and players' wages likely to decrease, there'll be scope for the next manager to bring in some quality.

Like this season, it'll come down to the players performing to the best of their ability, consistently.

Discontent with being in this division is one thing; having the wherewithal to get us out of it is another. If the there was a five year plan of sorts in place, the five years is now up, and it was ultimately dependent on the redevelopment of BP, of which there is no sign. It seems likely, then, that a rethink of some sort will soon be underway. Perhaps we'll all be pleasantly surprised, and the rumoured foreign investment will materialise and John Wardle will join the board. Until, we see evidence of this, however, we can only conclude that with crowds falling at a disturbing rate, from the noises coming from TTA in recent months, and Joe's remarks about finance in the Chron the other day, that budget cuts are coming, and heavy ones at that.

Hughes might have been offered a big money contract, but he hadn't signed it. The wages he was said to be on were relatively modest. So the club saves little or nothing from his depature. His replacement, if there is to actually be one, could turn out to be more expensive. As for quality, there's very little of it about at this level if you've limited money for transfers and wages, which is why the clubs with the most money usually dominate the promotion spots. The rest of the players doing the rounds are much of a muchness, as they say. Many of them have been at so many clubs that one club must get to seem pretty much like any other eventually, which is why we've seen such a lack of commitment from so many over recent years.

If only it was as simple as getting the mixed bag of mediocre journeymen, generally overrated kids and would-be big-timers that we usually end up with to 'perform to the best of their ability consistently...'

Leaving league 1:

Leicester -Not my choice but it's gonna happen

Peterborough - I think they will make it

Millwall - Not somewhere I'll miss going to (now that Hughes has left and we're no longer guaranteed a win)

Cheltenham - Too late for them I fear

Brighton - Good trip if at the end of the season but we've had that twice now so would probably get them in dead of winter

Northampton - I just don't enjoy going there any more

Swindon - Hate the place. No real reason, just always have

Joining league 1:

Brentford - They will go up. Decent trip. Doing all 4 pubs next time

Rochdale - Part of me thinks it would be funny if they blew it but it'll be two good games

Exeter - New ground for me

Shrewsbury - New ground for me

Charlton - Dead and buried I'm affraid

Southampton - New ground. I hope they are still in exisitence

Plymouth - New ground for me

I reckon Brentford are already pretty much up, so for the other auto places I'd like the local derby of Bury (BUT NOT F***ING ROCHDALE), and Shrewsbury (Cos it's one of only three grounds out of the division I've not seen Latics play at).

I'd like to see Dagenham sneak into the play-offs and come up cos it's another of the three grounds (Leaving Barnet - who have no chance).

I couldn't care less who comes down as I've been to all the grounds above us.

There you go. Purely selfish reasons, but you can't beat discovering a good new away pub.

Leaving league 1:

Leicester - Gone.

Peterborough - Gone.

Scunthorpe - Like the other trips out/Don't want MK to go up.

Cheltenham - Gone.

Hereford - Gone.

Northampton - Awful ground in an industrial estate. The worst kind of ground going.

Yeovil - Too far away. Have to drive. Not condusive to a booze up.

Joining league 1:

Brentford - Up.

Wycombe - Never made it to their ground yet.

Exeter - Not been.

Chesterfield - Belting ground.

Charlton - Down.

Southampton - Down.

Norwich - New ground (although Plymouth/Watford would be good too).

Leaving league 1:

Leicester - Gone.

Peterborough - Gone.

Cheltenham - Gone.

Hereford - Gone.

Northampton - Awful ground in an industrial estate. The worst kind of ground going.

Joining league 1:

Brentford - Up.

Exeter - Not been.

Charlton - Down.

Southampton - Down.

We just have a bad habit of getting beat there though. Actually, have they started building their new one yet?

Leaving league 1:

Leicester - Gone.

Peterborough - Gone.

Cheltenham - Gone.

Hereford - Gone.

Joining league 1:

Brentford - Up.

Exeter - Not been.

Charlton - Down.

Southampton - Down.

Leaving League 1:

Leicester - will have enough to see them up

Peterborough - I can see them maintaining their current form and it would be good if they did coz they'll be very strong next year if they stay down.

MK Dons - again next year they will be very strong if they stay down although the playoffs are random all 4 have pretty much even chances.

Cheltenham - gone unfortunately as I'm going to Uni in Gloucester next year.

Hereford - turning their form around now will be too much.

Brighton - ditto

Northampton - dropping like a stone (plus Yeovil and Swindon would be better trips for me next year!)

Joining League 1:

Charlton - all but down.

Southampton - can't see them turning it around now (plus a possible trip)

Plymouth - obviously for the trip, but also for a non-Latics reason...

Exeter - ...a City/Plymouth derby game would be huge down here and would be worth putting bragging rights that I've held for over a decade with my brother on the line.

Brentford - I'd be surprised in they don't go up.

Wycombe - possible away trip next year.

Shrewsbury - ditto.

Down from the Championship:

Charlton

Southampton

Forest

Up from League One:

Leicester

Peterborough

Scunthorpe

Down from League One:

Cheltenham