Wolfy

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Yea, Taylor had a good game today.

I've always liked Wolfy for some reason. I saw him at the reserve match* earlier in the season and he scored a brilliant solo goal.

Wolfenden has never had a run in the side.

Injuries, being thrown on by Shez after 80 minutes and being asked to turn a game already lost etc etc.

My gut tells me he's not quite good enough. But he showed a little bit of effort today and his youth team record shows that there is something to work with.

Feed the wolf and he will score!

i cannot understand why he plays for latics cause i think he has nothing to his game and i think there are too many latics fans who like him because he supports latics and is from oldham and he is a player with who they have blind faith like with mark allott and i really think some latics fans lack intelligence

i cannot understand why he plays for latics cause i think he has nothing to his game and i think there are too many latics fans who like him because he supports latics and is from oldham and he is a player with who they have blind faith like with mark allott and i really think some latics fans lack intelligence

Would that be the intelligence that doesn't know men as do women catch chlamydia such as you possess?

Oddly even muppets with little intelligence take offence when others say they aint clever! tut tut.

Edited by Lags

agree but lay of the and's

There speaks someone who probably thinks grammar is someone who lives with grandpa.

Pond life

Hard but fair - can't see him being here next season....

fingers crossed to much dead wood at oldham athletic i just hope that kieron lee gets his chance looked good when coming on also that lad from bury hope he doesnt go he moves like steven gerrard just not got the same skill yet

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wolfy with an extended run and the right partner will score goals at this level. Will he get that chance - i'm not so sure, but lets face it anything is better than the half-arsed nay always on his arse Alessandra.

A big lump with Wolfy will work imo, unfortunately the few chances he has had has seen him paired with players of the standard of Warne or Lewi if he'd had the chance to play week in week out with Porter, Beckett, Hughes et al i'm sure he would have bagged a lot more than Lewi has. I'm still of the opinion (probably in the minority) but Wolfy is the most natural finisher at the club.

Cue abuse...

Edited by oafcprozac

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wolfy with an extended run and the right partner will score goals at this level. Will he get that chance - i'm not so sure, but lets face it anything is better than the half-arsed nay always on his arse Alessandra.

A big lump with Wolfy will work imo, unfortunately the few chances he has had has seen him paired with players of the standard of Warne or Lewi if he'd had the chance to play week in week out with Porter, Beckett, Hughes et al i'm sure he would have bagged a lot more than Lewi has. I'm still of the opinion (probably in the minority) but Wolfy is the most natural finisher at the club.

Cue abuse...

please tell me you dont mean long passes?

I watched wolfy (and taylor) play as kids being a couple of years older...wolfy always looked like a very decent finisher.....

I disagree with the statement "you're only as good as your strikers". I played as a striker, and I was quite a good finisher and decent enough on the ball. I played for 2 teams with the same strike partner, one decent and one rubbish team. Where did we score more goals? The decent team where chances were created.

If you look at the chances we created on Saturday, there wasn't agreat deal. Allesandra's only real chance was when he scored but had it disallowed and he took that VERY well. There is a distinct lack of quality balls down the channels, over the top and crosses. It's hard to score when this happens. I think both lewis and wolfy (with the right guidance) could score plenty. They may need to work on where to run and their positional game a touch, but thats a hell of a lot EASIER to learn than finishing.

You could say movement from the whole team is poor right now anyway!