• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

It sounded good.

Apart from the "It was a club in London that won it, cant remember who it was"

but you recovered with the, "he was basically in pajamas!"

I still cant remember which club he was from but i think he won it again this year. He had never been to the club in his life and he openly admitted that. :shock:

I did the interview on 5 live about 6pm tonight and i got the feeling he was taking the pee out of me.....especially when he said everyone was laughing at me. Did he think i do this job to be taken seriously or summat? :clown:

Cheers mate, again, didnt hear it myself but my son was well chuffed as i gave him a mention ^_^

On a seperate note, im no doctor but this doesnt look right even after 5 days rest.

15042009111.jpg

15042009112.jpg

Obviously this isnt MY leg as i am an owl and owls legs dont look like that, but surely it shoudl have gone down by now. Im getting the feeling the Manchester 10k run is gonna be off the menu for me.

On a seperate note, im no doctor but this doesnt look right even after 5 days rest.

I did my ankle ligaments playing football on a gravel pitch in Menorca. I'd scored 2 terrific goals and knocked the ball past the last defender, feinted to go one way, turned to go the other and ended up in a pained heap - that was that - no hat-trick!

Took about 7 days for the swelling to go down after that.

I think its safe to say Clare that i wont be playing on Saturday, either golf or football. The swelling finally looks like its going down this morning but still on crutches as i still cant put all my weight on it.

I will be there to support the team though....and shout abuse and wind up the opposition :grin:

I think its safe to say Clare that i wont be playing on Saturday, either golf or football. The swelling finally looks like its going down this morning but still on crutches as i still cant put all my weight on it.

I will be there to support the team though....and shout abuse and wind up the opposition :grin:

Please, please please come fully dressed in your true form...

:stretcher:

What is the situation regarding injured mascots? Can we get a replacement owl on an emergency loan?

Typical of our luck this season, Kabba could have done the job but he will be halfway down the M6 by now.

Well i wasnt going Brighton anyway, but im hoping to be ok enough to play out for the Southend game. I beleive there setting up the half time entertainment where im going to jump across 17 crutches on a kids BMX in an Evil Knievel styleee but on stabelisers without the aid of a safety net or helmet.

Well i wasnt going Brighton anyway, but im hoping to be ok enough to play out for the Southend game. I beleive there setting up the half time entertainment where im going to jump across 17 crutches on a kids BMX in an Evil Knievel styleee but on stabelisers without the aid of a safety net or helmet.

Do you think you will be fit by then? It doesn't look like the injury is responding to tweetment.

What is the weather forecast for the Southend game?

Hopefully it won't be raining or it could be too-wet-to-woo the crowd! :getmecoat:

What is the situation regarding injured mascots? Can we get a replacement owl on an emergency loan?

Typical of our luck this season, Kabba could have done the job but he will be halfway down the M6 by now.

It's a job for someone who is full of enthusiasm and love for the Club, so that eliminates most of the players.

I believe you are only allowed 2 emergency loan mascots per season and I think we have already used up our allocation. We could either stick someone already on the books or just go without a mascot for a game.

I think there are two possible candidates already at the club, Big Gordon, let him borrow one of Gregan's kits and he will be away. My second choice would be that miserable chief steward who scowls at the RRE all game every game. I think underneath that cold, harsh exterior is a man who is just being denied his true calling as a 7 foot Owl.

Id try to learn how to ride one before jumping :grin: