how long before

...joe either accepts the owners offer of a contract....or declines it???

i know it has been in the advertiser that the owners have offered or are set to offer joe a contract after the brighton game.

i know a lot will depend on what budget there is and who he can bring in as number 2,but how long will we have to wait???this week..next week....close season????

from the advertiser:

'i did stefan stam a favour by taking him off, he was nowhere near it'

pretty to the point there joe lad, good to see. Having said that, a reserve side this year would have meant stammy would've had more fitness games this year and perhaps wouldnt be so much off the pace.

out of the current squad loans included:

stam, maher, hughes, liddell, wolfenden, hazell, jones, ferreira, whitaker, o'grady, kalala, bell, lomax all for the chop for me.

leaving:

fleming

crossley

gregan (new contract)

eardley

black

taylor

smalley

allott

westlake(contract)

lee

stephens

alessandra

Decentish base to build on, over to you Joe/Willie/Ritchie etc.....

from the advertiser:

pretty to the point there joe lad, good to see. Having said that, a reserve side this year would have meant stammy would've had more fitness games this year and perhaps wouldnt be so much off the pace.

stam, maher, hughes, liddell, wolfenden, hazell, jones, ferreira, whitaker, o'grady, kalala, bell, lomax all for the chop for me.

leaving:

fleming

crossley

gregan (new contract)

eardley

black

taylor

smalley

allott

westlake(contract)

lee

stephens

alessandra

Would love to sign Jones but very much doubt it. westlake hasnt really impressed me to give him a contract

We need a quick decision as whoever the new manager is we need them installed before July 1st when all the player contracts are up. There is a rebuilding job to be done as the new guy will want to operate with his squad, not Shez's.

We don't want to leave it right til the last minute and the new guy has now time to prepare for the new season.

We need a quick decision as whoever the new manager is we need them installed before July 1st when all the player contracts are up. There is a rebuilding job to be done as the new guy will want to operate with his squad, not Shez's.

We don't want to leave it right til the last minute and the new guy has now time to prepare for the new season.

I agree a decision needs to be quick. But I don't think an announcement does. We often bemoan the lack of news, but then equally bemoan that the club are too honest at times.

I think in this case we need to keep schtum until the man's in place and the contract ink dry.

I agree a decision needs to be quick. But I don't think an announcement does. We often bemoan the lack of news, but then equally bemoan that the club are too honest at times.

I think in this case we need to keep schtum until the man's in place and the contract ink dry.

pretty much agree with that.

and echo the sentiments of rebuilding job to be done,i certainly dont want to see the vast majority of shez squad still here come august

tbh i think joe has been making big changes in the last few weeks to indicate he will be the manager next season as he has sent players back etc or onloan.

I'm thinking he's done what was asked of him. Come in and run at the playoffs. On failing to do that clear out the waste so a new manager can come in and not have to deal with telling Andy Liddell where the post office is for his pension.

I don't think it's telling of his wish to be here next year.

from the advertiser:

leaving:

fleming

crossley

gregan (new contract)

eardley

black

taylor

smalley

allott

westlake(contract)

lee

stephens

alessandra

That's a fair wedge of the team that played at Brighton. If you'd witnessed it, it's no base I want next season.

That's a fair wedge of the team that played at Brighton. If you'd witnessed it, it's no base I want next season.

Didnt witness it but still agree, i would personally keep out of the current crop

fleming

allott

stephens (give the lad a proper chance)

lee

lewi (although not necssarily as a first team striker)

smalley

taylor

plus the four young lads offered pro deals

rest can go for all I care

Didnt witness it but still agree, i would personally keep out of the current crop

fleming

allott

lee

smalley

taylor

OOOOOOH

Another who to keep thread, what fun, I don't think we've had one of these yet... <_<

I'm thinking he's done what was asked of him. Come in and run at the playoffs. On failing to do that clear out the waste so a new manager can come in and not have to deal with telling Andy Liddell where the post office is for his pension.

I don't think it's telling of his wish to be here next year.

Agreed...

Joe has done an alright job since arriving...but I don't think any of his actions give any clues to the future...

I cant see him taking us on unless their is a budget he feels will allow us to move forward...

fleming

allott

lee

smalley

taylor

Bloody hell, I don't know whose going to finance that squad re-building program but rather them than me.

They will need to have mighty deep pockets and a very extensive list of contacts within the game.

OOOOOOH

Another who to keep thread, what fun, I don't think we've had one of these yet... <_<

Corporal Jones - needs a new audience for his message, lacks mobility

KUNGFOO - never won the crowd over

Ackey - good in large parts, still prone to the odd mistake - extend contract

Dean 1984 - love him or hate him (and it's probably more of the latter) he provides youthful energy even if misplaced - another season

DerekWilson1968 - Negative influence, go

IsleofWight - positive approach but not always present, keep

Senor Coco - never seems to encorage, always bollocking others for mistakes. Release

All with tongue in cheek!

Dean 1984 - love him or hate him (and it's probably more of the latter) he provides youthful energy even if misplaced - another season

Senor Coco - never seems to encorage, always bollocking others for mistakes. Release

:grin:

:lol:

Do me, Do me! :D