The Arabs Are Coming!

Plus the major thing against anything like this with Man City and us is the distance factor. A major plus on getting a smaller feeder club is the ability to pick up kids from the surrounding area, as there are distance limitations on how far you can go from your own club for schoolkids. It hardly serves City to take on Oldham in the same area, rather than say Leyton Orient, where they could scour the whole of London, or Walsall (as Man Utd are very much involved in doing so).

Thinking about it logically, if an Arab consortium bought us as a feeder club for City, do you really think they'd be interested in the catchment areas of our youth systems?

QUOTE (OldhamSheridan @ Apr 22 2009, 13:24 PM)

Plus the major thing against anything like this with Man City and us is the distance factor. A major plus on getting a smaller feeder club is the ability to pick up kids from the surrounding area, as there are distance limitations on how far you can go from your own club for schoolkids. It hardly serves City to take on Oldham in the same area, rather than say Leyton Orient, where they could scour the whole of London, or Walsall (as Man Utd are very much involved in doing so).

Thinking about it logically, if an Arab consortium bought us as a feeder club for City, do you really think they'd be interested in the catchment areas of our youth systems?

I thought hat is exactly the pont OS made, they wouldn;t be interested in it, they already have it.

Linky thing

Somebody I've never heard of says on BBC606:

"I live and work in Abu Dhabi. There is a group of british advisers to a big man out here coming to the Southend game this Saturday, with the idea of buying Oldham as a feeder club for Man City."

Wolfenden to replace Robinho in the summer then.

Wow i thought you meant Dundee United where gonna come and take Hughes off us.

Guest sheridans_world
Feeder clubs are illegal in the Enlgish game...

Really?

So if City wanted to come along and buy five of our players, we'd have to turn them down?

Nah...

Feeder club for city? What a load of bollocks. If we actually have any players they want they can just make us an offer we can't refuse. Their youth setup is decent already.

People enjoy talking shyte, especially on 606. have you read 606 on transfer deadline day? thousands of people talking complete bollocks of how drogba was seen on the moon to sign for la galaxy etc.

I concur...don't like the thought of city being able to come in and pinch some (hopefully) talent to keep their premiership alive....or even of they have a run of injuries - who are they gonna call????? - latics!!!...pinch from us?...We would be stuck in this division for many seasons to come....nope it ain't right.....

Yes, the most likely thing for a club with unlimited cash to do in order to keep their Premiership hopes alive is to raid a club whose players consistently fail to mount a promotion challenge in the third division.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Yes, but then there are the unofficial ones. Again, I'll randomly pick two names that could do it.

Walsall and Manchester United. :wink:

Don't Utd also offically own or part own a Belgian Club to do this as well?

No rule breaking as it's in another country.

Edited by opinions4u

Well usually wealthy Arab Jewish business men are wealthy because they have businesses that make them money. So why would these types invest in a football club that loses £500,000+ a year? :grin:

In the interest of balancing stereotypes across a sometimes tense divide :wink: