The Arabs Are Coming!

Linky thing

Somebody I've never heard of says on BBC606:

"I live and work in Abu Dhabi. There is a group of british advisers to a big man out here coming to the Southend game this Saturday, with the idea of buying Oldham as a feeder club for Man City."

Wolfenden to replace Robinho in the summer then.

Edited by opinions4u

Linky thing

"I live and work in Abu Dhabi. There is a group of british advisers to a big man out here coming to the Southend game this Saturday, with the idea of buying Oldham as a feeder club for Man City."

Whitaker for Ireland would anyone actually notice ? (until the game started of course)

"The Arabs are coming!" :oasissign1:

Not sure how true this is but I overheard a conversation in the pub before the Crewe game & it was along the lines of.....

....."Big Sheikh Uprekwiad is needed at Latics & they also need to attract some investment, Sheikh Yakashabout is the answer to this shambles".......

"The Arabs are coming!" :oasissign1:

Not sure how true this is but I overheard a conversation in the pub before the Crewe game & it was along the lines of.....

....."Big Sheikh Uprekwiad is needed at Latics & they also need to attract some investment, Sheikh Yakashabout is the answer to this shambles".......

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Not suggesting any truth in it but it does seem strange, a Spurs fan, with no rivalry/care for the tics saying this - to know our next home game aswell.... just a observation

No obvious record of posting on Latics matters in his recent history either.

There are rules about owning more than 1 club in England though, so how the "feeder" concept would stay within the rules would be interesting.

As I said, I know nothing more than the posting itself.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH.............

:whoosh:

sorry, not had chance to do that yet :grin:

I knew by asking the question I risked that response but felt compelled to get clarification on the matter - Anyways If some DJ from Essex woking in the UAE is to be believed, may be tomorrows headlines

My genuine thinking is that there is possibly something behind this, Even if has just been mentioned in passing or as one of many business opportunities it seems strange to come from a Spurs fan who does work in the middle East - If he has just made it up then he must be very bored - I think he's heard it off someone....

Linky thing

Some of the rumours around about us are totally laughable, is this is the best of them all :grin:

I dont believe the story for a second but if it is true we are going to end being Citys reserve side? no thanks id rather have TTA and keep our identity :who:

I concur...don't like the thought of city being able to come in and pinch some (hopefully) talent to keep their premiership alive....or even of they have a run of injuries - who are they gonna call????? - latics!!!...pinch from us?...We would be stuck in this division for many seasons to come....nope it ain't right.....

Plus the major thing against anything like this with Man City and us is the distance factor. A major plus on getting a smaller feeder club is the ability to pick up kids from the surrounding area, as there are distance limitations on how far you can go from your own club for schoolkids. It hardly serves City to take on Oldham in the same area, rather than say Leyton Orient, where they could scour the whole of London, or Walsall (as Man Utd are very much involved in doing so).

Plus the major thing against anything like this with Man City and us is the distance factor. A major plus on getting a smaller feeder club is the ability to pick up kids from the surrounding area, as there are distance limitations on how far you can go from your own club for schoolkids. It hardly serves City to take on Oldham in the same area, rather than say Leyton Orient, where they could scour the whole of London, or Walsall (as Man Utd are very much involved in doing so).

That is an excllent point.

So maybe he has got the wrong end of the stick and it is actually southend they are coming to see as a feeder club for City...!

Well usually wealthy Arab business men are wealthy because they have businesses that make them money. So why would these types invest in a football club that loses £500,000+ a year? :grin:

They also like to spend their money on pointless frivelous sparkly things. We could be deemed frivelous with the amounts we lose, perhaps we should paint the ground in glitter to make us more sparkly.