• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joe will sign for twelve months only if there is a decent budget

he needs to bring in players because he cannot work with whats at the club ...not good enough.

obvious but he will only sign for the year

so joe gets rid of the dead wood and builds his own team then does one after a year then we get another manager in who wants to build his own team and has a three year plan then the powers that be get rid then we get another man in with his three year plan and so on,

so joe gets rid of the dead wood and builds his own team then does one after a year then we get another manager in who wants to build his own team and has a three year plan then the powers that be get rid then we get another man in with his three year plan and so on,

Either way the situation needs sorting and I think we need a manager in place ASAP if Joe doesnt want it.

It would be utterly stupid to offer anyone a one year contract as a manager. Even if Guus Hiddink decided pissing around with Russia and Russia London wasnt for him and wanted a taste of proper football for a year it still would be stupid.

Giving people a 1 year contract is just giving whoever signs it a revolving door to sod off.

If at the end of the season the league position is rosy then the next manager has to accept what he has to work with or hes not the right man for the job!

what do you call rosey?and no manager worth his salt is going to be told to get to work with players that he may not rate,corney might aswell pick the team.

i meant to put rosier, if its a decent team that gets put together and we finish higher than this year then why not?

not every manager has the same way or style of doing things,thats why they have certain players and backroom staff they can trust and rely on,thats the way it is unfortunately or fortunately.

If Joe signs a 12 month contract and the team are doing well at the end of it I am sure he will be only too happy to stay. If on the other hand we are doing badly most of you will be shouting for is head anyway, so I fail to see the problem with a twelve month deal.

Joe is desperate to prove to himself he has still got what it takes to get a team to win a match. If he gets a contract for twelve months he should be able to get that elusive victory during that time.

What we need is someone who is in the habit of winning matches, and with ambitions beyond the next twelve months to take the Club forward into the Championship.

i have seen or heard nothing to suggest joe will not be signing a contract for next season,,and if next season goes well then i dont see joe leaving the job half done,,,,long live the king

The last Latics manager to go seven onsecutive league games without a win was Ronnie Moore at the end of the 2005/06 season.

Joe is desperate to prove to himself he has still got what it takes to get a team to win a match. If he gets a contract for twelve months he should be able to get that elusive victory during that time.

What we need is someone who is in the habit of winning matches, and with ambitions beyond the next twelve months to take the Club forward into the Championship.

Realistically as the 2009/10 season starts in August depending upon when he signs a 12 month contract he only has 9 or 10 months to to get that elusive first victory. Do you think this is achievable in such a short space of time?

The last Latics manager to go seven onsecutive league games without a win was Ronnie Moore at the end of the 2005/06 season.

Why is it that you don't want Joe to be manager? On several threads your comments are, at best, unwelcoming of the idea. In some, as in the above posting, you appear to be sniping.

what do you call rosey?and no manager worth his salt is going to be told to get to work with players that he may not rate,corney might aswell pick the team.

If we finish next season in a better position than this season what manager could say "I dont rate these players", id be interested to hear your or anybody elses opinion on this actually.

Why is it that you don't want Joe to be manager? On several threads your comments are, at best, unwelcoming of the idea. In some, as in the above posting, you appear to be sniping.

Because some people see it as living in the past and we need to move on, simple as really.

And the posters on here who do not want Royle to be next manager for perfectly credible reason could accuse the mob of sniping at them on the same basis that you have accused diego of sniping at royle.

Please dont take this as a pop or an insult towards either clan, I'm merely trying to show both sides of the coin.

Because some people see it as living in the past and we need to move on, simple as really.

And the posters on here who do not want Royle to be next manager for perfectly credible reason could accuse the mob of sniping at them on the same basis that you have accused diego of sniping at royle.

Please dont take this as a pop or an insult towards either clan, I'm merely trying to show both sides of the coin.

Lets face it Carl, whoever the manager is going to be there will always be some people who have a pop, part of life i s'pose.

Joe said he would not have been interested in the job if it had not involved the possibility of a trip to Wembley. He may no longer be interested in the job after tonight's game, and I would doubt that he would be willing to take on the task of getting us out of this division next season.

Joe is a brilliant PR man and the media love him but, even with all his qualities, he is not a miracle worker - he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I would hate to see the fans turn on him if we struggle again next season, with his brilliant one-liners being thrown back in his face.

I think Joe would only want a full-time football management job if it was in the comparative glamour of the Championship, working with better quality players.

I welcomed the news of Joe's second coming and I had a tear in my eye before the Tranmere game, in spite of the hype over the PA system.

Before the Orient game I said we would win only one game this season and finish below Walsall. I have seen nothing from Joe to convince me that he is the man for the job. To go seven games without a win, and for two of those to be last minute draws, is an abysmal record for any manager, especially one of Joe's experience. His knowledge of League One is minimal. His team selection, tactics, formations and substitutions can all be questioned. He is obviously embarrassed by the record and desperate for a win. Sure the players have let everyone down, but I expected Joe to produce some better results than Shez but this has not happened.

I get criticised for repeating the same point. That's the second time I've stated the above about what we need.

It's all about opinions.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns