38 years and today's been probably the worst yet

I don't post much on the site nowadays, but felt I had to show my frustration at Latics :rant.sml:

I'm at a loss at the moment, with the overall appathy at the club :help:

On one hand we have the TTA saying they want to go forward :shifty: and on the other hand our new saviour jacks it in :youroff:

We have a group of playes who don't seem to care, well if that's the case they shouldn't get paid :towork:

We have 5x season tickets in the family and with this present climate I can't see them being renewed this year, it will be a very sad decision :surrender:

I can only say "watch this space".

Ian G.

I don't post much on the site nowadays, but felt I had to show my frustration at Latics :rant.sml:

On one hand we have the TTA saying they want to go forward :shifty: and on the other hand our new saviour jacks it in :youroff:

We have a group of playes who don't seem to care, well if that's the case they shouldn't get paid :towork:

We have 5x season tickets in the family and with this present climate I can't see them being renewed this year, it will be a very sad decision :surrender:

Ian G.

worse than almost being out of business?

get a grip man.

Things change so quickly in football, don't be too down hearted.

back when they it look like the club was going to disapear there was a spark of interest and fight everywhere you looked whereas at the moment its just a general apathy and indifference and thats just the playing staff, even the people who been here for 25 years are feelling the apathy, its grim but it can and will get better.

basically needs a massive injection of fun and something that will spark it all off again

Ian G.

i remember when we sacked frizzell and at the time it was the most devastating news the club could possibly give,,but as time went on it proved to be a master stroke because we found one of the best managers the country has ever produced in joe royle and i think we now need to look forward and hope the next appointment does half as well as mr royle did...there is life at the end of that tunnel and we should all get behind the board and the new manager and lets see were it takes us..

get a grip man.

Well said. We are at the start of a new managerial regime, not relegated, not in administration....

Now is the time to get behind the club, not with rosy tinted glasses but with a sense of getting over the crap of recent months and moving forward.

What's with all the 'get a grips'???? People are allowed their opinions. Jeez.

I for one don't feel like renewing my season ticket. For many reasons. The club is surrounded by negativity. And the fact the players didn't come out at the end of the home game. Cowards. Loads of reasons. Can't get excited about the club anymore.

I for one don't feel like renewing my season ticket. For many reasons. The club is surrounded by negativity. And the fact the players didn't come out at the end of the home game. Cowards. Loads of reasons. Can't get excited about the club anymore.

When someone says that it's the worst in 38 years!

Did you expect them to come on to the pitch after the Southend game? They've bottled it all season they certainly weren't going to grow some balls that day either.

I'd be well embarassed if I was a player at Latics at the moment, as it's a fecking embarassment being a supporter of them.

I think the whole Royle return was a flop, and an expensive one probably. Should have left shez in charge for the rest of the season and tried to limp into play-offs - surely results could not have been worse? A ludicrous decision to bring back a legend for 9 games. Disllusionment on a scale of 1-10 = 10. Will still KTF though, we all have a cross to bear in life!

For what it's worth, here's my two penn'orth:

I've been a Latics ST holder for 30 years, and as a true fan of my town and my team, will renew my season ticket whilst I still have enough cash to fund it. However....

I am so disillusioned with the club its unbelievable. I feel let down by a set of players and management that had a chance to get the cllub noticed again. I was at the debacle that was Milton Keynes Dons and the amateur display and lack of heart was a humilliation that showed the players just didn't care about the manager. More worringly, a good proportion of these same players have extended that lack of care to the club, and, logically, the fans.

I have felt sadness before of course: the relegation years, the administration, the Graeme Sharpe era, but I was always optimistic that the corner would be turned, or took heart in the passion shown by several of the team. It didnt seem to matter that we didn't have internationals or really skilful players, it was satisfying to know that they gave their all for the team. Now apart from one outstanding talent, and an aging defender, we have nothing.

Our promising but flawed manager has been sacked, following a ridiculous mid-season ill-conceived piss-up which surely the manager didn't plan. Our ex-legend, who it must be said, remains the wonderful manager he was despite his 8 game record has laso announced his departure, and the white flag was waved at game 35.

So, after my miserable rant, whats my point ?

If I, a loyal and true Latics fan feel so badly let down, flat and indifferent to the club I love, what do lesser fans feel ? Will they buy season tickets ? Will they bother to turn up at BP at all ? Why should they ?

Whilst I am grateful for TTA for all they have done, all will have been for nothing unless they start offering some positive news soon.... So I and the other true fans can be proud and loud to be a Latics fan again.

I'm try to KTF - honest - but I need a little help :)

Our promising but flawed manager has been sacked, following a ridiculous mid-season ill-conceived piss-up which surely the manager didn't plan. Our ex-legend, who it must be said, remains the wonderful manager he was despite his 8 game record has laso announced his departure, and the white flag was waved at game 35.

Here, here!

basically needs a massive injection of fun and something that will spark it all off again

Add a d and an s to word number seven, and that's about right.

(And no-I don't know where any investment is coming from, but we need to rebuild the ground and add the kind of quality to get us out of this division. We are, along with much of the division, already cut adrift, but the longer we stay down here in a joke ground, the further away the shores of the second-tier become.)

I think the whole Royle return was a flop, and an expensive one probably. Should have left shez in charge for the rest of the season and tried to limp into play-offs - surely results could not have been worse? A ludicrous decision to bring back a legend for 9 games. Disllusionment on a scale of 1-10 = 10. Will still KTF though, we all have a cross to bear in life!

I don't think it was expensive. Quite the opposite really. An increase in fans for the Tranmere game plus sponsorship for the day. Add in the cost saving and I think it's worked out well for the club.

I don't think it was expensive. Quite the opposite really. An increase in fans for the Tranmere game plus sponsorship for the day. Add in the cost saving and I think it's worked out well for the club.

I agree, we matched his TV earnings and hes not on TV that much, plus hes only been here a few week

get a grip man.

You know that was five years ago and I f**king sick and tired of it being brought up...

So because we went into administration FIVE YEARS ago we should be happy with the totally :censored:e being dished up ? Get a grip yourself...

You know that was five years ago and I f**king sick and tired of it being brought up...

So because we went into administration FIVE YEARS ago we should be happy with the totally :censored:e being dished up ? Get a grip yourself...

it's not like you to go off on a tangent. :unsure: