New Boss...?

the little :censored: hates oldham athletic passionately.

so i'll hate him.

why?...i don't know,but he personally told me back in the bluebell on broadway days.

did he get rejected as a youngster??

he can :censored: right off.

he turns up,i won't.

Exactly the little :censored: despises Latics and has made no secret of it, if TTA appoint this odious little turd they can :censored: right off!

Anyone but that little ginger tosser and he turned us down in '92 to sign for Norwich...we signed Olney instead. Reason enough!

I used to play footie with his brother who got a few trials for football teams despite him being crap. I also knew his dad to say hello to. I was never aware of Mark hating us with a passion myself and not sure why he would.

Gannon is the "hot favourite" according to the MEN

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo...pped_for_latics

There are other names in the frame, including Morecambe's former County boss Sammy McIlroy, Rochdale's Keith Hill, Rotherham's Mark Robins and even goalkeeping coach Mark Crossley, after Royle decided a younger man was better suited to the job.

Good lord!

Mark Robins has had a really good season with Rotherham. No money, no stadium (we are a 1/4 of the way there!) and a 17 point deduction. A relegation fight seemed inevitable and the hope that they could win the 'mini points dedcuted league'.

Finished 14th and without a points dedcution would have been comfortably in the play-offs and a chance of automatic with one game to go.

His goal against us for Man Utd was him doing his job, and the reaction to the goals for Norwich as result of some horrendous abuse he received because of that goal. Long time ago and not relevant IMO.

As for 'hating' the club - not seen any substance to back it up, but if he does then there won't be problem as he won't apply for a job a club he hates. If he does apply / get appointed - then we'd have to assume he doesn't hate us and get on with backing him.

In the office at work a quick straw poll indicates he is considered a well respected an up and coming young manager (work in Yorkshire) that we would do well to get. Isn't that exactly the kind of appointment we would want?

Would not be a bad appointment for me. There are others as well though, so not an out and out favourite.

As for Ritchie. Not something I'd want persoanlly. Huddersfield and Barnsley fans at work do not regard him that highly despite some achievments with them - boring football, poor subsititutions, could not change a game etc.

I used to play footie with his brother who got a few trials for football teams despite him being crap. I also knew his dad to say hello to. I was never aware of Mark hating us with a passion myself and not sure why he would.

The clue is in what Mr Punkyster wrote

"why?...i don't know,but he personally told me back in the bluebell on broadway days.

did he get rejected as a youngster??"

I've seen a few Latics this morning and the reaction to Robbins arriving at BP has been the same, unsolicited, unprompted and all the same opinion of the little get.

Not seen much comment on Mark Crossley with Joe advising type role?

About all I can offer is his seemingly straight to the point analysis of his first game back.

Think quite a few on here said he'd make a good manager.

I suppose it depends on how hsi qualifications aregoing/being started. but my gut feeling si that we need a proven manager at this stage,someone who has won promotions ona tight budget.

If Robins is the man for the job than get behind him for gods sake. I couldnt give to :censored:s if he used to hate us, if he gets the job he obviously doesnt hate us that much he wouldnt have applied for it. Or maybe its all his secret ploy to take us down. I think Ronnie Moore was pretty much spot on when he said our fans are living in the past, summed up by the amount of people happy to have Ritchie back!

Not seen much comment on Mark Crossley with Joe advising type role?

About all I can offer is his seemingly straight to the point analysis of his first game back.

Think quite a few on here said he'd make a good manager.

I suppose it depends on how hsi qualifications aregoing/being started. but my gut feeling si that we need a proven manager at this stage,someone who has won promotions ona tight budget.

Im always sceptical about Goalkeepers being managers! Has there ever been any successful ones? I cant think of any, but I am sure there must be some out there.

Im always sceptical about Goalkeepers being managers! Has there ever been any successful ones? I cant think of any, but I am sure there must be some out there.

Kevin Blackwell - to a point

Chris turner's initial spell at Hartlepool was a success

erm......................