New Boss...?

Robins tipped for Oldham job

Published: 29 Apr 2009

rigTeaserImage

MARK ROBINS yesterday emerged as favourite to take charge at Oldham after Joe Royle revealed Saturday’s game at Walsall will be his last.

Royle — who returned to Boundary Park after the sacking of John Sheridan six weeks ago — insisted: “I always said I would stay until the end of the season.

“Oldham will always have a place in my heart, but it is a job for a younger man.”

Royle, 60, has failed to come up with a win in his eight games back in the hotseat.

Oldham’s owners are now looking for a dynamic, track-suited boss and are big admirers of the job Robins, 39, has done across the Pennines at League Two Rotherham.

Alan Knill is also in the frame after taking Bury into the play-off places.

rigTeaserImage

MARK ROBINS yesterday emerged as favourite to take charge at Oldham after Joe Royle revealed Saturday’s game at Walsall will be his last.

Royle — who returned to Boundary Park after the sacking of John Sheridan six weeks ago — insisted: “I always said I would stay until the end of the season.

“Oldham will always have a place in my heart, but it is a job for a younger man.”

Royle, 60, has failed to come up with a win in his eight games back in the hotseat.

Oldham’s owners are now looking for a dynamic, track-suited boss and are big admirers of the job Robins, 39, has done across the Pennines at League Two Rotherham.

Super sub????????........the man who knocked us out of the FA cup semi replay at Maine Rd 1990? - Ye gods????.....but he's done pretty well at his current place....strange things have happened......hmmmmm....

I couldnt have that liitle git as our boss!

My dad says the same 'if we get robins im not buying a season ticket'

why not? done a good job at rotherham... is it because he scored for norwich and utd against us and is from oldham?

'no, its cos he has no track record hes only been there a year, shez did well in his first 2 years and look what happened..'

hmmm..

rigTeaserImage

Robins for oldham? can you put a link up please

The way I'm reading this is that Latics fans would be against the appointment of a manager because he'd scored crucial goals against us in the past?

Call me naive, but isn't that a case of cutting off ones nose ... ?

So if Alex Ferguson decided to accept an offer from Corney to take over, we should decline on the basis that his Man Utd teams won a couple of semi finals against Latics?

<shakes head and goes to bed>

The way I'm reading this is that Latics fans would be against the appointment of a manager because he'd scored crucial goals against us in the past?

Call me naive, but isn't that a case of cutting off ones nose ... ?

So if Alex Ferguson decided to accept an offer from Corney to take over, we should decline on the basis that his Man Utd teams won a couple of semi finals against Latics?

<shakes head and goes to bed>

Purple nose? You've got to be kidding me? Next, you'll be saying you want Paul Scholes to be our midfield general... Oh. :grin:

We, as the "Messageboard Mafia", will decide who is deserving of our lifelong support as our Saviour from this dismal league... No ex-reds, pls :wink:

Ronnie Moore was right.

Some Latics fans don't want success.

They want to feel sorry for themselves over being 'nearly men' nearly 20 years ago.

no.

i want someone who wants to be at the club,not someone who is in it as a stepping stone or just the money.

declaring your hatred for the club says enough for me.