Press Conference Thursday

It sounds likr Penney, but could still slightly possibly be someone out of job at the moment, anyone have a list of who could it be if not working ?

eDIT just seen Diego confirm it is Penney

Edited by singe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From that SoccerLens article posted earlier:

Not the most sophisticated of tacticians, Penney is a “hands-on” type and a superb man-manager who could be compared to the likes of José Mourinho in that he commands an extraordinary amount of loyalty and respect from his players. However, it is worth noting that, unlike Mourinho, Penney is almost universally liked in the world of football...

Dave Penney

He wouldn't be my choice, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he ended up here. Did a fairly decent job at Darlington, getting them to the play-offs and previously has promotion on his CV with Donny. I can see a bit of grumbling coming from the fans if he gets the job so would be a bit of a risk.

What I said yesterday. I stand by that, but would have preferred Gannon. Going off what Darlo fans are saying, he seems a decent manager. Anyway, I'm sure our fans will be nice and patient with him as reinstalls some fight, passion and quality back into Latics. <_<

Let me be the first to say I'm a new boss inner.... :grin: I will give him at least till the end of September before I sit on the fence. and Easter possibly be an outer again.... Isnt that what we do now?

Good luck .....

Yes i know its posted elsewhere but thought I would keep the negativity seperate......

get ready.

With Penney's odds being slashed and then no further bets being taken; and the fact that with Darlo in administration and him not therefore being tied to a contract, I think we can be pretty safe in the knowledge who it will be.

This was interesting.

Cerrtainly on here, he was off the radar. Yet the bets seemingly went straight for him, before we realised.

Interesting to see where theose bets came from. ie Darlo or Oldham fans

Edited by singe

I sincerely hope someone is Tweeting directly from the press conference.

:lol:

Despite our commanding media presence we're still not invited to such things and so we will not be able to Tweet. The Official tweet hasn't been done for as long as I can remember. So I'd guess it will be a no.