Press Conference Thursday

Surely I’m not the only one who'll be greatly underwhelmed if we appoint Dave Penney???

Who did you flamin expect someone like Mourniho or Keegan!!!!!

Look at his CV on the website.......... it ticks most of the boxes and is probably as good as we could have hoped for under the circumstances........ I will be more than happy with his appointment.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did you flamin expect someone like Mourniho or Keegan!!!!!

Look at his CV on the website.......... it ticks most of the boxes and is probably as good as we could have hoped for under the circumstances........ I will be more than happy with his appointment.

Thats what i was thinking about Penney and i have also read the Darlo forum they rate him and say hes a very good manager

i dont want robins though hes been in the game for less than 2 years managerially and i want someone who nos the lower league this time not another Shez

Surely I’m not the only one who'll be greatly underwhelmed if we appoint Dave Penney???

Turned doncaster from conference fodder into an established league 1 side

Got them up in consecutive seasons from conference to league 1

Would have probably got Darlington up this season had it not been for their 10 point deduction

What more do you friggin expect at this level?????

Thats what i was thinking about Penney and i have also read the Darlo forum they rate him and say hes a very good manager

i dont want robins though hes been in the game for less than 2 years managerially and i want someone who nos the lower league this time not another Shez

Agreed re robins!!!!

And dave penney likes to get his sides to play a bit too

Turned doncaster from conference fodder into an established league 1 side

Got them up in consecutive seasons from conference to league 1

Would have probably got Darlington up this season had it not been for their 10 point deduction

What more do you friggin expect at this level?????

People obviously dont look into his managerial records they are just thinking "hes not a big name and hes at darlo"

But

Like you say he transformed Donny brought some good players in and at Darlo if it wasnt for admin they would be in the play offs for the 2nd successive season.

Read the opinions on the Darlo board

http://darlington.rivals.net/Forum/pgePost...6&clubId=30

People obviously dont look into his managerial records they are just thinking "hes not a big name and hes at darlo"

But

Like you say he transformed Donny brought some good players in and at Darlo if it wasnt for admin they would be in the play offs for the 2nd successive season.

And when Darlington played Donny in a cup competition he got a heroes welcome back by the donny fans.

But oh no, we are champions of europe elect oldham

What, the new manager isnt Jose Mouriniho???

Pah no ambition

Fickle just isnt the word

But

And plays good football and not afraid to give the kids a go AND knows his way around the budget market. Just what we need imo, the more i think about it if it is Dave Penney i'm fairly pleased and someone who never had it easy as player or manager - didn't turn pro until he was 25 and was manager of Donny when they were on their arse, so someone who has the ability to kick arse and make 'em realise just what an honour it is to be involved in football.

Only down side is he's a yorkie but I can live with that!

Dave Penney, think Jim Gannon type appointment but with 6 or 7 years more experience.

Dave Penny pro's an con's from a Donny fan:

Pros

• Likes a fast tempo 4-4-2 with proper wingers
  • Passion from the sidelines
  • Can pick some good bargains up, his best signings were the cheaper players.
  • Works very well with unknown players
  • Wants to win every game he plays.
  • He will gamble on a player, can be a good thing, could be bad.

Cons

• Struggles a little with the 'egos' and big money signings
  • Not flexible with formations.
  • Probably too much of a traditional style manager, 4-4-2, big man little man, etc.
  • Can get relationships get in the way of the job as seen with him sacking a few players here.
  • Always seamt to have his favourites in both players and coaches.

sounds awfully familiar if you ask me

Edited by Tommy_Fent

to be honest lads i cant see it being penny!! surely he would want to say thanks to the fans and players on saturday? i wouldnt mind him here i dont give a damn who is in charge aslong as he gets us winnin and playin half decent!!!!!! definatley prefer someone who has no connections tho otherwise we could have a shez on our hands(fav players etc)

And plays good football and not afraid to give the kids a go AND knows his way around the budget market. Just what we need imo, the more i think about it if it is Dave Penney i'm fairly pleased and someone who never had it easy as player or manager - didn't turn pro until he was 25 and was manager of Donny when they were on their arse, so someone who has the ability to kick arse and make 'em realise just what an honour it is to be involved in football.

Only down side is he's a yorkie but I can live with that!

Dave Penney, think Jim Gannon type appointment but with 6 or 7 years more experience.

I was the same i wasnt overwhelmed with the thought but the more i thought about it and looked more into his record and what he has done its a good choice.

Lets just pray it aint Robins

Dave Penny pro's an con's from a Donny fan:

Pros

• Likes a fast tempo 4-4-2 with proper wingers
  • Passion from the sidelines
  • Can pick some good bargains up, his best signings were the cheaper players.
  • Works very well with unknown players
  • Wants to win every game he plays.
  • He will gamble on a player, can be a good thing, could be bad.

Cons

• Struggles a little with the 'egos' and big money signings
  • Not flexible with formations.
  • Probably too much of a traditional style manager, 4-4-2, big man little man, etc.
  • Can get relationships get in the way of the job as seen with him sacking a few players here.
  • Always seamt to have his favourites in both players and coaches.

sounds awfully familiar if you ask me

has his favourites - now where have i seen that before...

to be honest lads i cant see it being penny!! surely he would want to say thanks to the fans and players on saturday? i wouldnt mind him here i dont give a damn who is in charge aslong as he gets us winnin and playin half decent!!!!!! definatley prefer someone who has no connections tho otherwise we could have a shez on our hands(fav players etc)

I can think of a certain manager who didn't mind not doing that first time around... :lol:

It would make sense that he would announce that he's leaving prior to the last game so the fans can say goodbye properly. I would still imagine that he would manage Darlo in the last game even if he has been unveiled by us.