It's Dave Penney - confirmed

On BBC Radio Manchester,after an hour and a half saying that they understand that Dave Penney is a leading contender to be the new manager, they've just said (6.05pm) that he WILL be the new manager.

Initial thoughts?

For me, not a big name, but seemed to be successful at Doncaster and doing ok at Darlo. will want to prove himself.

BUT, not a big name, that will sell many season tickets.

Willing to wait and see how it goes, and will support him fully.

What upsets me is how true this comment now is...

I don't get it with you................who the hell did you think it would be!!!

We're a pretty small club of similar stature to Doncaster and slightly bigger potentially than Darlington and who in the last 15 years have done absolutely bu**er all.

Just tell me why you think that a shed load of top coaches would be queing up to come here!!

I don't get it with you................who the hell did you think it would be!!!

We're a pretty small club of similar stature to Doncaster and slightly bigger potentially than Darlington and who in the last 15 years have done absolutely bu**er all.

Just tell me why you think that a shed load of top coaches would be queing up to come here!!

Rather have Shez... :P

Well see how it goes... I am only giving my initial reaction...

Edited by oafc0000

Rather have Shez... :P

Well see how it goes... I am only giving my initial reaction...

Mine was similar to yours as Mr Shankly quoted, way before it was announced royle was staying

But I will still back him, and could have been alot worse (and I was fearing that when the man who turned brighton from promotion candidates into relegation candidates, micky adams, odds dropped from 14/1 to 4/1 within an hour!!!!!)

Edited by Lookers_Carl

On BBC Radio Manchester,after an hour and a half saying that they understand that Dave Penney is a leading contender to be the new manager, they've just said (6.05pm) that he WILL be the new manager.

Initial thoughts?

For me, not a big name, but seemed to be successful at Doncaster and doing ok at Darlo. will want to prove himself.

BUT, not a big name, that will sell many season tickets.

Willing to wait and see how it goes, and will support him fully.

Conflicting opinions here, I was listening to Talk Sport, they said it was Penney and Gannon were amonst the lineup, a decision will be announced tomorrow!

MEN:

Penney has a track record at that level and built Doncaster up from scratch with the help of chairman John Ryan.

That fits the criteria laid down by chief executive Alan Hardy perfectly.

“We have got to be looking at someone with a knowledge and a good track record of building a team up from scratch – because that’s what it’s going to be here next season,” he said.

“We’ve got about 12 players who are going to be under contract here

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo..._unveil_manager

Will he bring his Assistant, Martin Gray, with him?

The rarely wrong Chron says Penney is expected to bring No 2 Martin Gray and goalkeeping coach Andy Collett to work alongside him.

There is also the prospect of Penney being able to bring with him a number of Darlington’s top players who will be able to move as free agents.

Andy Collett: http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsDeta...1217447,00.html

Martin Gray: http://www.darlington-fc.net/page/NewsDeta...1268430,00.html

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

The rarely wrong Chron says In for a Penney!

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...in-for-a-penney

Joe says on the OS "This Club needs exactly what it is getting - a younger manager with new ideas".

So just a few hours till the worst kept secret in history is revealed.

Just for amusement sakes, it would be quite amusing if it turned out not to be Penny after all :grin: