Any of these coming with him?

I dont know why but i feel a bit uneasy doing to Darlo what everyone did to us when we were up s**t creek. Everyone came to our expected closing down sale and pinched players like Fitz and Stretch for well under their market value. Admittedly the Torex tosser was instrumental in it all, but it wasnt nice when it happened to us, and i would be a bit peed off if i was a Darlo fan with all the vultures circling.

I dont know why but i feel a bit uneasy doing to Darlo what everyone did to us when we were up s**t creek. Everyone came to our expected closing down sale and pinched players like Fitz and Stretch for well under their market value. Admittedly the Torex tosser was instrumental in it all, but it wasnt nice when it happened to us, and i would be a bit peed off if i was a Darlo fan with all the vultures circling.

I agree to some extent. In an ideal world it wouldn't happen. But it's that old saying that 'if we don't do it someone else will' and so we just have to be realists. Darlo will not hold on to the players they have as they're not going to be paid the same as so we may as well take what we can. My only concern is taking 4-5 players from them - as then you're not creating a new culture here you're transfering one from there.

Pawel Abbott 44 goals in 78 Apps for Udders"turt"field and 15 goals in 30 Apps for Darlo this season. 6ft 1ins and was pacey.

Career stats 75 league goals in 147 starts.

Just been speaking to a Darlo fan at work who reckons that Penny will definitely bring Abbott with him as he raves about him all the time. He also added that Abbott looks a class above in Laegue 2.

Just been speaking to a Darlo fan at work who reckons that Penny will definitely bring Abbott with him as he raves about him all the time. He also added that Abbott looks a class above in Laegue 2.

saw him play in the rochdale game...didnt really do anything for me...dont know if he was injured or not...got to ask yourself why did udders lrt him go

Yeah but I posted on another thread about him......... on Sky the other week against Dale he was fat and slow. A shdow of the player he looked at Udders.

saw him play in the rochdale game...didnt really do anything for me...dont know if he was injured or not...got to ask yourself why did udders lrt him go

To be honest, unless the service to our front players improves remarkably from this season, we could have Torres and Messi up front and it would make bugger all difference.

If Abbott could back to anywhere near the fitness and form his was in for Hudders then he would be a good signing, but i havent seen enough of him to judge where he's at now. He cant be any worse than Ormerod and Kabba though surely.

Oh yeah, he left "Tert"Uddersfeeeld to go to Swansea for £150k

Oh yeah, he left "Tert"Uddersfeeeld to go to Swansea for £150k

He fell out with Jackson, then couldn't settle in South Wales, Darlo gave him an escape route but he's been out of the side due to a couple of serious injuries over the last two years or so - but if we look at his record it is still one in two. Probably needs a real beasting in pre-season but this lad when fit will score for fun. Anyhow we'll see but I for one would be very happy with his signing. Young, hungry and looking to work his way back up and as the Darlo fans say, head and shoulders above League 2 and half-fit to boot!

Edited by oafcprozac

He fell out with Jackson, then couldn't settle in South Wales, Darlo gave him an escape route but he's been out of the side due to a couple of serious injuries over the last two years or so - but if we look at his record it is still one in two. Probably needs a real beasting in pre-season but this lad when fit will score for fun. Anyhow we'll see but I for one would be very happy with his signing. Young, hungry and looking to work his way back up and as the Darlo fans say, head and shoulders above League 2 and half-fit to boot!

On a low basic wage/high appearance fee plus goalscoring bonus

I'd have him

I wanted him here when he was at Hudds, as there were plenty of rumours (iirc it was him or Heffernan)

I dont think he would be anywhere near as good as what we hope, the way i see it is he went to Darlo for the dosh and his best days are behind him.

Shame really, but like has been said, if you beast him in Pre-season he may turn out OK!!!

I wanted him here when he was at Hudds, as there were plenty of rumours (iirc it was him or Heffernan)

I dont think he would be anywhere near as good as what we hope, the way i see it is he went to Darlo for the dosh and his best days are behind him.

Shame really, but like has been said, if you beast him in Pre-season he may turn out OK!!!

I dont think he would be anywhere near as bad as what we have now :grin:

Put thins in the wrong psot. Out of interest, I know a few fans are based up i the North East, who are the pick of the Darlo players in theiropinion?

I am also not advocating a fire sale as happened to us, but I think it inevitable some will move over as they have not been paid.

Interesting to see who Latics rate, but i was thinking more who gets mentioned in the Local press/by the fans/by Penney.

Abbot has to be nailed onw ith our striker record.

And we all know the graveyard that is BP!

Put thins in the wrong psot. Out of interest, I know a few fans are based up i the North East, who are the pick of the Darlo players in theiropinion?

I am also not advocating a fire sale as happened to us, but I think it inevitable some will move over as they have not been paid.

Interesting to see who Latics rate, but i was thinking more who gets mentioned in the Local press/by the fans/by Penney.

Abbot has to be nailed onw ith our striker record.

And we all know the graveyard that is BP!

On another thread there is an article from the NE gazzette, stating Penney was given a 'take the offer or leave it' from us.

it goes on to say that he will bring his current backroom team with him; Gray as No2 & a GK coach called Collett (spl?)

Player wise, the article states that it is expected that:

Neil Austin

Rob Purdie

Ricky Ravenhill will likely follow him in a move to us; as might a number of others; it lists

Pawel Abbott & Franz B.... Franz B....the Leichenstein international lad!!

So, no mention of Jason Kennedy, but potentially 4 or 5 of the others............

What about this left winger?

Franz Burgmeier - Liechtenstein international

Whipping a few straight on to Abbotts head? :grin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/20...o_darlingt.html

There are a bunch of Darlo fans who go and watch him play for Leichtenstein, whereever they may be.

Never know, it could be the crowd boost we need. :grin: