Were signing 3 Darlo players

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just that little niggle that league two players might not be good enough to take a team in to the Championship.

That said, if a manager knows how to get the best out of his players then anything is possible.

I dont think we are gonna be aiming for the championship, I would have thought survival in L1 would be the number 1 priority again after recent months. Expectations too high again maybe?

I dont think we are gonna be aiming for the championship, I would have thought survival in L1 would be the number 1 priority again after recent months. Expectations too high again maybe?

Mid table + better manager = higher than mid table.

Not unreasonable is it?

Your expectations too low maybe?

I cant beleive some of the bitching and sniping on here, there isnt a massive jump in skill to league 1......

posh and mkdons.....how many of there players played in the bottom div last season?

not to bid a step for them

Edited by palmer1

Your expectations too low maybe?

hmm i must have been watching that other Oldham Athletic which has not been playing well.

All I am saying is if people expect another promotion push from the off, he is going to be turned on straight away isnt he if we dont start well and as the team is in a bit of a mess at the moment that surely must be a probability.

Christ we don't know who these three players are and we are saying they are not good enough for us!! Lets have faith in DP and let him get on with his job.. Remember the garbage spouted when Shez signed Allot and Rueben?

As for league two players not being good enough look at P'brgh and Mk :)

Welcome to BP Dave and Good Luck

Why do you actually think we will be worse under Penney than Sheridan? Granted we might be but to expect it as given??? It’s also funny how people talk about league 2 players and say they can’t do a job when Posh have just got back to back promotions and the Dongles are in the play offs. Had stockport kept some of there league 2 players, they probably would have been in the play offs also.

It is quality! What does it say on the side of the bus? Or is that not relevant?

Ive jus checked a bigger picture of it and i cant make it out, so i guess its not relevant.

In relation to those who have doubts abput signing those from the lower leagues, its worth a shot, the loanees from the level above we brought in this season wernt anything fantatstic were they? (Windass, Byfield, Omerod, i may be missing another?) danny jones being the exception!