Just got back...

Well, I never thought I would end this season with a massive smile on my face, but today has managed to do that....

Fantastic atmosphere today, everyone who went deserves so much credit... especially those on the Beardybus and in fancy dress, and well done to everyone for singing for Big Joe throughout the game...

Some of the chants were just brilliant... "Lets pretend we scored a goal!" when 1-0 down...and then everyone going mental... followed by giving the walsall fans stick for throwing away a lead... :lol: ... then the congas, the look on thier wingers face when he saw he was running towards a giant rubix cube... just amazing! :)

And lets not forget the team... a decent shift by many... Smalley looking great, solid in defence, eards continuing his good form when he came on, Westlake giving everything... and step forward Mr Brooke... first touch, first goal, and two other efforts on target... looks a potential star that kid... MarkOasis said he was sat behind his parents who were in tears... good on em...

And finally, great to give the team a proper send off, and to cheer big Joe - well done to the walsall stewards (shock!) for organising it so we could give the team a proper end of season ovation... and the players seemed to appreciate, especially Danny W and Deane Smalley who stuck around for ages... plus the look on Ryan Brookes face as we chanted his name... quality. Hopefully the players will remember than during the close season, intead of the damp squib that was the end at BP...

Fantastic end to this awful season... i now have a smile back on my face, and bring on next year... Everyone should eb proud of themselves today, team and fans... and great to get the win for Big Joe...

:)

Edited by BigfinLatic

Well, I never thought I would end this season with a massive smile on my face, but today has managed to do that....

Fantastic atmosphere today, everyone who went deserves so much credit... especially those on the Beardybus and in fancy dress, and well done to everyone for singing for Big Joe throughout the game...

Some of the chants were just brilliant... "Lets pretend we scored a goal!" when 1-0 down...and then everyone going mental... followed by giving the walsall fans stick for throwing away a lead... :lol: ... then the congas, the look on thier wingers face when he saw he was running towards a giant rubix cube... just amazing! :)

And lets not forget the team... a decent shift by many... Smalley looing great, solid in defence, eards continuing his good form when he came on, Westlake giving everything... and step forward Mr Brooke... first touch, first goal, and two other efforts on target... looks a potential star that kid... MarkOasis said he was sat behind his parent who were in tears... good on em...

And finally, great to give the team a proper send off, and to cheer big Joe - well done to the walsall stewwards (shock!) for organising it so we could give the team a proper end of season ovation...

Fantastic end to this awful season... i now have a smile back on my face, and bring on next year...

Awwwwwwww, thats even warmed my cold heart of stone.

And lets not forget the team... a decent shift by many... Smalley looing great, solid in defence, eards continuing his good form when he came on, Westlake giving everything... and step forward Mr Brooke... first touch, first goal, and two other efforts on target... looks a potential star that kid... MarkOasis said he was sat behind his parent who were in tears... good on em...

And finally, great to give the team a proper send off, and to cheer big Joe - well done to the walsall stewwards (shock!) for organising it so we could give the team a proper end of season ovation...

Fantastic end to this awful season... i now have a smile back on my face, and bring on next year...

Sounds like an awesome day!!! Well done to all involved :D

Im afraid not bob. I was in Blackpool for the day to earn brownie points with the wife and kid. I booked a trip to Blackpool as i knew i wasnt going to Walsall and knew i would be in a right mood sat at home when i knew it would be such a good atmosphere. Gutted that i missed it though.

we've just got in........i have to say......that was one of the best days I ever had....was on the beardy bus and well done to him aka rambo for organising it.

Even though we were one nil down in under a minute - we sang our hearts out for JR, the team and even sang for ourselves...C'mon and do the conga.....

Well done Walsall for letting us give JR and the team a send off...and congats to to Mr Motivator for our one man pitch invasion....classic skinny lycra shorts, get him on our wing he out an the mashalls and got to hug a few of the team.

and yes poor walsall player flying down the wing into Mr rubics cube (mike...great costume....)..

It proves as well,get behind ya team and we are the 12th man...

Well done to all who went.....great day, hopefully one of many more to come.

Watch out for piccies of the day on Face book

Just got in...tried staying out for the Hatton fight but been defeated (but will watch it on the net)...but what a day!!!

Brookes goal and 5pm today will live me forever...one of very few highlights of the season! And was near Brookes mum and yeah, she was loving it!!! And if I said she was a M**f I don't think many would disagree! :grin:

But Ryan...what a touch...what a strike...and Joe...well played that man! Knew exactly when to leave...and if Penney was still in his seat, which I thought he may have been...well that was the best thing he could ever see from us! The hero-worship and the adulation will pour out from us fans...if the manager gets it right. Joe has for us...I hope one day when I'm old and grey, I get to have another moment like that one day...with Penney as the next legend in our history!

Edited by boundaryblue80

:lol::lol::lol:

That was quality.

Best away atmosphere in ages. Should be like that every away.

Credit to Walsall's stewards too. They werent that bothered when Mr Motivator bypassed them and ran to the players on the final whistle. Then they allowed fans to go on the pitch when our players came out. I doubt that'd happen at Latics, or many other grounds.

BIG FAT JOE'S BARMY ARMY!

RYAN RYAN BROOKE, RYAN BROOKE, RYAN RYAN BROOKE!

Great day out... one of the better days since Xmas.

Ryan Brooke scoring with his first touch (and what a touch) the atmosphere and the send off for Joe will live long in the memory. Great to finish the season on a positive note after a dismal second half to the season.

I liked it best when we sang lets pretend we've scored a goal then did it again then sang 1-0 and you :censored: it up.

Exactly...

Just remembered about seeing the steward who looked like Ian Dowie... "Theres only one Ian Dowie/Dowie Give us a wave" as he turned away and did everything but look at us, whilst a couple of his mates pissed thier sides.... and then 10 seconds later we saw that another steward looked like Ronnie Moore... "Ronnie Moores a football genius!"

:lol:

Exactly...

Just remembered about seeing the steward who looked like Ian Dowie... "Theres only one Ian Dowie/Dowie Give us a wave" as he turned away and did everything but look at us, whilst a couple of his mates pissed thier sides.... and then 10 seconds later we saw that another steward looked like Ronnie Moore... "Ronnie Moores a football genius!"

I almost felt as sorry for him as I did for the steward who looked like the elephant man at Doncaster a few years back.

Fantastic end to this awful season.

Awful season ? If we'd been relegated I might have agreed with you. As it is..........

Some people on here aren't half drama queens.

Awful season ? If we'd been relegated I might have agreed with you. As it is..........

Some people on here aren't half drama queens.

Really? So you think this farce of a season has had some positives?

Other than the fact Joe really has got rid of the crap, i cant think of many following the first 10 games or so. Nothing but a series of events that continually dragged our club through the mud...

An utter shambles, and waste of 12 months. I'm very much in the postive end of the oldham spectrum, but it was an awful season. Worse than last year when we finished with kids, worse than the season before when we played like idiots at blackpool... even worse than seeing the Ronnie moore school of football...

However, that last game has shown me there could still be life in the team and its fans... New start, new optimism, forget this seaosn ever happened. As I say, a smile is back on my face.

Really? So you think this farce of a season has had some positives?

..Other than the fact Joe really has got rid of the crap, i cant think of many following the first 10 games or so. Nothing but a series of events that continually dragged our club through the mud..

One thing I would like to add is that although joe seemingly got rid of a lot of "trouble" we still only got 1 win, probably becasue they were playing in front of the new guy and a potential hero .

I donlt think all the dead wood is rid yet, though hopefully the end of contracts should sort a lot of it,