I do feel this position is often under rated.

Given that I think it is possible we have not had the right Captain on the pitch I would have thought that DP might go for someone he has already worked with.

Does nayone know who his captaisn have been and where are they now!

I still think it should be Taylor

I can see why you say that, but I think it needs someone who should not be pushed around, stands up and be counted, and leads the team when the yare down. I think that as Taylor is often man marked or 3 man marked he should concetrate be allowed on his game.

Plus is he not the one that everyone punches when things get rough? Happened at least 300 times os far if reports are true..!

i think it will be allott

I think its touch and go as to whether Allott will even be here next season nevermind captain.

I think Penney will already have someone in mind for the captains job and that won't be someone already at the club.

I personally just hope the new captain (whoever it maybe) never ever shouts at any of the other poor players. <_<

I personally just hope the new captain (whoever it maybe) never ever shouts at any of the other poor players. <_<

If they screw up he can shout all they want. If he's too fat to chase the forward and he then shouts at the left back then he can join Sean in Fat:censored:face Hell. :blush:

Explain to me his leadership qualities and I'll review my thinking.

He isnt one for allegedly drink driving or allegedly attacking his own team mates and neither does he shout at the world and his dog when it is he who is to blame for a goal. However I happen to think he would make a good captain. It was only last season when he recieved a lot of praise for his performances. This season has not been his greatest and like many others he has made mistakes, but I feel had our defence not been so expossed this season his mistakes would have been fewer but thats a different issue. I would give him a chance as captain as I feel he would lead by example as when he is on top of his game he is a solid defender. Who would you suggest? (although its difficult as we dont have much of a squad at the moment)

He isnt one for allegedly drink driving or allegedly attacking his own team mates and neither does he shout at the world and his dog when it is he who is to blame for a goal. However I happen to think he would make a good captain. It was only last season when he recieved a lot of praise for his performances. This season has not been his greatest and like many others he has made mistakes, but I feel had our defence not been so expossed this season his mistakes would have been fewer but thats a different issue. I would give him a chance as captain as I feel he would lead by example as when he is on top of his game he is a solid defender. Who would you suggest? (although its difficult as we dont have much of a squad at the moment)

I really cannot see a captain among the current squad. Kevin Maher would have been an option but for reasons that were probably mutually convenient he's no longer at the club.

Your reasons for considering Hazell aren't exactly overwhelming - "he's not an alcy and he's had some good games among the bad ones so let's give it a try". I have no problem with Hazell in the starting 11, but I really don't see a leader there.

Time to look outside the club - which is no bad thing.

Edited by opinions4u

There's a lot of alledging going on there.

He is one however for recently costing us a goal nearly ever game, I suppose he could lead by example.

In summary if Hazell is our next Captain I'll eat my hat.