BBC Sport OAFC Message Board

Just read this item on the Beeb and wondered if anyone else had heard from any sources to confirm or deny:

Taylor and Eardley

League One Oldham Athletic

by Grumoafc (U11036381) 16 May 2009

Just heard on GMR that we have put both Taylor and Eardley up for sale because we need the money.We will have no team left at this rate, just free transfer players for next season.

Just read this item on the Beeb and wondered if anyone else had heard from any sources to confirm or deny:

Taylor and Eardley

League One Oldham Athletic

by Grumoafc (U11036381) 16 May 2009

Just heard on GMR that we have put both Taylor and Eardley up for sale because we need the money.We will have no team left at this rate, just free transfer players for next season.

I doubt that they're "up for sale" as much as any reasonable offer would always have been considered, no matter what state we were in.

I doubt that they're "up for sale" as much as any reasonable offer would always have been considered, no matter what state we were in.

I take on board what you are saying and agree, but the fact the media are "officially" peddling this worries me somewhat!!!

Its in todays MEN again that Sheff united are coming back with an improved offer for Taylor, 700k the first time

and Bristol City are gonna bid £1m for Eardley

Thats old news but havent seen that we have 'put them up for sale'

but i suppose we dont have to put them up for sale because everybody knows they are available for the right price

I think Eardley will go, he is a good player with plenty more potential yet doesnt get any credit here which cannot be beneficial for his development. He always seems to be the scape goat. Im sure a fresh start would do him good and as very few fans seem to rate him, I am sure they will be pleased we get some cash for him.

I take on board what you are saying and agree, but the fact the media are "officially" peddling this worries me somewhat!!!

Sort your head out. A crappy message on a 606 Message board is hardly "peddling". At this level a reasonable bid for any player would be considered. It's not a revelation.

I wouldn't wory mike. That is the smae BBC websie that copied the erroneous story on Stefan Stam not turning up for a meeting.

The BBC 606 was also the "source" of the Arabs are coming and Man City feeder club.

More aliases than Guernica on there.

To Real & Opinions 4U.

Read my message.

This is not a comment on whether some Latics fan revealed his own story on 606, but on GMR making a statement.

I asked whether anyone had heard this story (on GMR, just in case you didn't get it the 1st. or 2nd. time) and if there was any background from sources.

To Real & Opinions 4U.

Read my message.

This is not a comment on whether some Latics fan revealed his own story on 606, but on GMR making a statement.

I asked whether anyone had heard this story (on GMR, just in case you didn't get it the 1st. or 2nd. time) and if there was any background from sources.

1. It's a question about a message board posting.

2. Getting an "eye" (ear?) witness for something that hasn't happened is rather tricky.

3. Get sarky if you like, but hey, you're asking if anyone's heard something that hasn't happened.

1. It's a question about a message board posting.

2. Getting an "eye" (ear?) witness for something that hasn't happened is rather tricky.

3. Get sarky if you like, but hey, you're asking if anyone's heard something that hasn't happened.

I don't get GMR down here (175 mile away), so how would I know if the story has/has not been on the radio? I simpy asked if anyone could verify the GMR story. It wasn't an opportunity to have a pop at the 606 Latics board.

And referring to being "sarky", your answer to my point was "sort your head out"!!! Hmmm - POT/KETTLE/BLACK!!!

To Real & Opinions 4U.

Read my message.

I did read your message. You said:

and

I replied:

It's a BBC messageboard.

Messageboards can be full of :censored: sometimes.

In other words, just because it's been posted on BBC 606 doesn't mean the poster heard what he said he heard.

I can't find anything on the Manchester Evening News web site or BBC Manchester site.

It may have been reported.

It may have been regurgitated press gossip.

It may be misinterpretation of said gossip.

It may never have been broadcast.

Whatever, I read and fully understood your message. Sorry my reply upset you.

I don't get GMR down here (175 mile away), so how would I know if the story has/has not been on the radio?

You could listen online if you like to hear excessive talk about Bolton and Citeh.

Edited by opinions4u