Rob Purdie signs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Froom Wikipedia-ing him it would appear he was also liked by the fans at Hereford. Hopefully he will be a grafter. Soccerbase shows he doesn't get booked that much either.

Another Everton anyone?

normally when a player is described as a "utility man" it means he's not very good in any position, however, numerous player of the season awards suggests otherwise.

looks a good signing - arguably their best player if he won all those awards??

can't do any worse than the last "utility man" called Rob :unsure:

Have heard the name but not much about him...never believe the write-ups on the fishal when we sign someone but it's always a good sign when a player's former clubs are gutted he's gone, so I'm happy.

Welcome to BP, Rob and good luck.

Edited by jsslatic

Im sure we havent seen the best of KL yet. If he gets a decent pre-season under his belt and the fact we will have a reserve team next season we might see the real match fit Lee, rather than one than can only last for an hour.

I'm hopeful he won't see much of the reserves next season!

Rob Purdie "In the first friendly I could be playing anywhere, from right back to left midfield"

Nope, I think those are the only two positions that we have filled from last years starting XI.

Good Luck RP

Edited by TawnyOwl

Looks a very sensible signing this. Utility man who plays consistently well in a variety of postions. Takes a good spot kick. Of the right age (26) & has all the traits that DP has said he will be looking for in our team; work rate, passion & commitment.

Welcome to BP Rob!!

like most have said sounds to be a good signing.

I quite like the reports the Darlo fans have given him and seems to have quality to go with his work rate. It will be interesting to see if he can fix one position down or wether he will end up playing all over the pitch.

Rob Purdie is rubbish. His positioning, stamina and distribution are not good enough for this league. He will run his socks off though - a bit like a Warnie, just without the talent.

God I hate Oldham fans.

I'm gutted we've lost Purds. He's a quality player. I'm more disapointed in losing him than I would be anyne else in our squad. I rate him very highly. Leeds were allegedly after him in January. He's a centre midfielder by trade, but can do a good job anywhere really. He's a really good player, as you will no doubt see for yourselves.

I'm gutted we've lost Purds. He's a quality player. I'm more disapointed in losing him than I would be anyne else in our squad. I rate him very highly. Leeds were allegedly after him in January. He's a centre midfielder by trade, but can do a good job anywhere really. He's a really good player, as you will no doubt see for yourselves.

Don't tell the Latics things like that. Your post is sensible, positive and articulate... you're clearly not from around here are you? :lol:

Is he the elusive creative midfielder?

God I hate Oldham fans.

:lol:

Hang on lad, I've got a nibble...... :hooked:

I suppose my REAL point is.......why don't we wait to see what he is like before we all declare that he is either the best signing since Roger Plamer, or the worst one since Rob Scott?

I do think he sounds like a good one, but deciding this based upon his "welcome write up" on the OS is a but naive don't you think?

:lol:

Hang on lad, I've got a nibble...... :hooked:

I suppose my REAL point is.......why don't we wait to see what he is like before we all declare that he is either the best signing since Roger Plamer, or the worst one since Rob Scott?

I do think he sounds like a good one, but deciding this based upon his "welcome write up" on the OS is a but naive don't you think?

:hooked:

Aye, hook line and... In my defence I'm hungover to hell!!