Rob Purdie signs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMS 2 year deal utility player from Darlo. First impression was who? Will report back with more!

Penny is just signing up his mates. Have we learnt nothing. This is going to lead to a drinking culture at the club. Might as well have Shez back with the old boys club. He will never be dropped even if underperforming. :grin:

In seriousness though, a mate of mine lives up in Darlo and he is very highly thought of round those parts.

Welcome and good luck Rob. Lets hope he peps up the midfield a bit, and his versatility sounds promising.

Penny is just signing up his mates. Have we learnt nothing. This is going to lead to a drinking culture at the club. Might as well have Shez back with the old boys club. He will never be dropped even if underperforming. :grin:

In seriousness though, a mate of mine lives up in Darlo and he is very highly thought of round those parts.

Welcome and good luck Rob. Lets hope he peps up the midfield a bit, and his versatility sounds promising.

At first I thought who, but now reading the Darlo board I am quite chuffed with this signing, sounds like a good player.

Yes i have bought my season ticket.

Just as long as we dont sign all Darlo's team it will be ok, he sounds pretty decent however

why will we be signing all of darlo's players?

he's been about y'know..he has contacts.

only reason he's looking at darlo NOW is because the are freebies and available NOW.

cheer up eh! :grin:

I once read that about a certain Kieran Lee .... :wink:

Yes i have bought my season ticket.

Just as long as we dont sign all Darlo's team it will be ok, he sounds pretty decent however

Dean, you always are very quick to comment. Have you noticed that we haven’t signed all the players we have been linked to? Perhaps you should try a little patience?

First of all, welcome to The Latics, Robbie, and good luck.

Second. ANY manager that moves to another club is likely to look into the possibility of bringing in players that he has already worked with, particularly if they've done well and are available without any complications. In Purdie's case, it seems as if he has done well at several clubs. You don't get popularity awards at different clubs by being crap!

At least that's the first signing done and dusted and we can look forward to the next one.

I once read that about a certain Kieran Lee .... :wink:

Im sure we havent seen the best of KL yet. If he gets a decent pre-season under his belt and the fact we will have a reserve team next season we might see the real match fit Lee, rather than one than can only last for an hour.

Im sure we havent seen the best of KL yet. If he gets a decent pre-season under his belt and the fact we will have a reserve team next season we might see the real match fit Lee, rather than one than can only last for an hour.

Have to agree. Just because his first season didnt turn out that well doesnt mean he cant be a success. Didnt JR say before he left that he's got the ability, it was just his fitness that was poor.

I still believe we have a good player in Lee.

Cant say I know about Purdie but sounds a good signing.

Edited by daniel8157

I really hope so , when he was at his best for QPR he was brilliant

Think Purdie was the player the Quakers fan whos been on here a few times rated as one of their better players.

Seen a few words that make him better a better player already than the majority I saw last season "Hard working and committed"

And why not, if Penney thinks they can do a job then why not?

Ive just sent a message to my Darlo mate, ill await his response with baited breath!

just spoken to my Darlo mate who reckons Purdie is a good 'un. He is surprised Penney didn't either go for or get Kennedy but reckons it is nailed on that the one who he will be after is Foster who he says is a class act, steady as a rock and too good for Div 4.

just spoken to my Darlo mate who reckons Purdie is a good 'un. He is surprised Penney didn't either go for or get Kennedy but reckons it is nailed on that the one who he will be after is Foster who he says is a class act, steady as a rock and too good for Div 4.

He is 34 though, penney said he is after younger players?

If he does go for him, surely no more than a 12 month deal

He is 34 though, penney said he is after younger players?

If he does go for him, surely no more than a 12 month deal

Fair point, i had missed that. Wasn't he one of the animals that Scunny has in their impregnable back 4 the year they went up?

ps impregnable apart from Gary Mac that is