Rob Purdie signs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks cute. So I will be renewing my ST....

Which signing made you buy a season ticket last year then? Maher? Whitaker?

Seems promising, ideal age as well (ie neither a kid nor past it).

Edited by rosa

The loss of Stammy has hit us hard on the ST front I'm sure! :lol:

Sounds like a decent signing to me (with the possibility of turning into a great signing). OK so he played for Darlo (I wish someone would stop bad mouthing a team that without a points deduction would have made the playoffs), but he was their player of the year this year. I said in a previous post that I'd like to see us sign some good players in their mid twenties from league 2 and he sounds like he fits the bill. He's 26 (so in his prime), a utility player (so if he isn't playing and he's fit I'd expect to see him on the bench) and he sounds like he's a grafter. The only problem with grafters is that sometimes the fact they are grafters disguises a bit of a lack of ability.

He will do for me.

Well I paid £329 to see the most attractive man on the planet.... Mr Lee Hughes. And then there were the fitties complimenting him, like Crossley and Liddell. And who could resist a bit of Shez??? Oh if only Dowie were still here....................................................................... :wub:

I'm always a bit suspicious of "utility" players.

It's that sort of Phil Neville type thing isn't it? Ok player but tends to play if somebody's injured, rather than justifying a starting place in his own right. I suppose John O'Shea has played over 200 games for his team.

Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about Purdie. I'll judge him when I watch him.

I'm slightly suspicious of players coming from a league below. But acknowledge the impact 3 of the 4 promoted teams from 2007/8 league 2 made when they took the step up.

I'm slightly cautious about Penney - a manager given some resources at Doncaster but not quite able to take them over the line in to the Champiosnship. But his win stats do look good and he has won a couple of promotions in his time and been unlucky in the last two seasons.

2007/8 saw Latics finish 8th. The added playing resources and great start had us all believing for 2008/9 and the feeling of disappointment was magnified as a result.

If we go in to 2009/10 with a feeling of "mid-table" in our minds - that's what I see at the moment - it is possible that a hard working set of grafters and a disciplined dressing room could be the push we need.

11 points more to make the play-offs. That's doable.

It's that sort of Phil Neville type thing isn't it? Ok player but tends to play if somebody's injured, rather than justifying a starting place in his own right. I suppose John O'Shea has played over 200 games for his team.

Yeah, but you have just mentioned players who play for teams with 3 players for every 1 position... so obviously they have problems establishing themselves...

We barely have 1 player for 3 positions (!) - so anyone who can play all over the park is worth thier weight in gold...

I know nothing about the lad, so how can I judge him? Just going to wish him luck, sounds half decent on paper... and he is an experienced lower division pro, who has two legs and can kick a football... thats good enough for me at the moment... ask again 10 games into the season.... :wink:

Well I paid £329 to see the most attractive man on the planet.... Mr Lee Hughes. And then there were the fitties complimenting him, like Crossley and Liddell. And who could resist a bit of Shez??? Oh if only Dowie were still here....................................................................... :wub:

I'm still not sure how my brother's missus will cope with the loss of Gregan's arse. Maybe if we stick Beardy's buttock implants from Crewe away the season before last down the back of Taylor's shorts she can be saved.

I'm still not sure how my brother's missus will cope with the loss of Gregan's arse. Maybe if we stick Beardy's buttock implants from Crewe away the season before last down the back of Taylor's shorts she can be saved.

Why not go the whole way and shove Beardy in Taylor's kit and play him at centre back... sure no-one will notice the difference... :unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about Purdie. I'll judge him when I watch him.

I'm slightly suspicious of players coming from a league below. But acknowledge the impact 3 of the 4 promoted teams from 2007/8 league 2 made when they took the step up.

I'm slightly cautious about Penney - a manager given some resources at Doncaster but not quite able to take them over the line in to the Champiosnship. But his win stats do look good and he has won a couple of promotions in his time and been unlucky in the last two seasons.

2007/8 saw Latics finish 8th. The added playing resources and great start had us all believing for 2008/9 and the feeling of disappointment was magnified as a result.

If we go in to 2009/10 with a feeling of "mid-table" in our minds - that's what I see at the moment - it is possible that a hard working set of grafters and a disciplined dressing room could be the push we need.

11 points more to make the play-offs. That's doable.

I tihnk that is a fair post, and more could do with saying lest just see. If there is not the pressure for promotion ins season 1, that might be a good thing.

One issue I have is that it is 11 more points than last season it is doable.

It will be a completely new team, with about 3 players that could be counted as regualrs. Not that I am saying it's a bad thing (far from it-most of the bottlers have left) just that there is no comparison that can be done as harldy anyone the same is here.

One of my neighbours watches" Darlo " and " Newcastle ", and says there is very little difference between the two, and but for the mess they have found themselves in, the quackers could have been playing one league lower than the toon next season. He rates Rob Purdie highly and says" Latics " fans will love the way he plays his football. First brick in place !!!!!!!, lets hope so. Good luck at" Latics " Rob.

One of my neighbours watches" Darlo " and " Newcastle ", and says there is very little difference between the two if you are short sighted and watch from a very long way away - they wear the same kit afterall...

the quackers could have been playing one league lower than the toon next season

:lol:

Sorry - I think you have a good point but just found that really funny!

He rates Rob Purdie highly and says" Latics " fans will love the way he plays his football. First brick in place !!!!!!!, lets hope so. Good luck at" Latics " Rob.

:OASISscarf:

the quackers could have been playing one league lower than the toon next season

Sorry - I think you have a good point but just found that really funny!

With a name like that you wonder why they couldn't keep afloat last season.