Luton Town have released five players ahead of the 2009-10 Blue Square Premier campaign – Sam Parkin, Dean Brill, Paul McVeigh, Dean Morgan and popular and long-serving full-back Sol Davis.

The quintet are all out-of-contract at Kenilworth Road this summer and all have been informed that their deals will not be renewed as manager Mick Harford looks to reshape his squad. The Luton Town manager has already signed Rushden & Diamonds winger Andy Burgess and is targeting several more arrivals for the forthcoming campaign.

In addition, striker Drew Talbot, who ended last season on loan at Chesterfield, has been placed on the transfer-list. He has one-year left on his contract.

Perhaps the most surprising departure is defender Sol Davis, who was a hugely popular player and a stalwart of the 2004-05 League One title-winning side.

Meanwhile, goalkeeper Brill is unlikely to have to wait long to find a new club, with League One sides Hartlepool United, Oldham Athletic and Brighton & Hove Albion all offering the shot stopper a deal.

Paul McVeigh, meanwhile, has pitched up in the United States, taking a trial with MLS side San Jose Earthquakes.

The only question is whether Brighton have offered him more money or Hartlepool have offered him the number 1 shirt. It also depends on if he wants to travel this far north

But we might have the best ground of the 3 - could be the only time I say that this season

Why is everyone assuming he will be a number 2???

he will be no2 at brighton they have kuipers

not sure about hartlepool

he will challenge greg here, dont who will be no1 at the season start for us

I meant here sorry.

How do we know he hasnt been offered a deal as our first choice keeper?

how do we know he has been offered a deal at all :grin:

to be honest i think we are looking for a number 1 but with a fulltime keeper coach who doesnt have to decide between himself and greg for number 1 we may see some more competion next season.

hopefully greg can step up and we can have another guy who can move around his area with more than a snails pace when called upon

imo he is better than fleming by quite a distance.

i dont mean to be funny but if have not seen this goalkeepr play at least 15 times this season in person you cant really comment.

if you have then i take your word for it.

season before last i saw on tele a few times and against us once i think? you cant get the full perspective from that

Edited by palmer1

hes a good keeper from what i know. Be a great number two and competetion for Fleming. Dont let his release deceive you its mainly due yo financial crisis
in the number of times ive seen dean brill play,i would rate him as good if not better than fleming, so poss he may be our number 1 if signed.

Not sure he would want to be a no 2.

How are Hartlepool and Brighton doing for keepers?

Where would he be first choice?

The word in Hartlepool earlier was that they were looking to bring in Dimi Konstantinanoflopadopopolis again (on loan I presume). But they were just rumours last I looked, but what is definate is they released their first team keepers at the end of the season (Adam Lee Barratt and Dyspraxiaman).

The word in Hartlepool earlier was that they were looking to bring in Dimi Konstantinanoflopadopopolis again (on loan I presume). But they were just rumours last I looked, but what is definate is they released their first team keepers at the end of the season (Adam Lee Barratt and Dyspraxiaman).

Imagine how much extra that would cost on the back of your shirt <_<

Imagine how much extra that would cost on the back of your shirt <_<

Been to the club this morning to buy my 9 year old a pink shirt. We agreed she pays half and I pay half. I asked her what name she wanted on the back and pointed out that it is £1.50 a letter therefore to think wisely. Bearing in mind on her other 4 shirts she has her own name, Smalley, Taylor and Wolfenden, therefore the choice is limited she has gone for Alessandra. We are currently locked in talks. Bring back Stam and J-P K I say.

Been to the club this morning to buy my 9 year old a pink shirt. We agreed she pays half and I pay half. I asked her what name she wanted on the back and pointed out that it is £1.50 a letter therefore to think wisely. Bearing in mind on her other 4 shirts she has her own name, Smalley, Taylor and Wolfenden, therefore the choice is limited she has gone for Alessandra. We are currently locked in talks. Bring back Stam and J-P K I say.

Convince her to wait until we sign a few more players - one of 'em will have a short name for sure. Or alternatively tell her that first names are now the 'in' thing to do - step up Ryan, Dean, Neil, or Rob :wink: