Eardley to Huddesfield ?

Erm, yeah he is! One of the best in our league at 19 years of age.

He played what, 4 or 5 games in CM when we had no other options. Did OK in few, had below average in the others.

He's an international RB, and a RB he is.

Oh, and i'd be absolutely gutted if we got rid on 'the cheap' as i don't believe we should be getting rid in the first place & an 'on the cheap' fee will be a joke.

Yet more Eardley bashing - again, joy. :angry:

I have watched Eardley on numerous occasions - and as good a player as he is, I don't see him as a full back. Not Eardley bashing at all. Just an honest opinion. :shock:

Edited by TheBigDog

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think Eardley is a full back, I didn't think he looked particularly good in midfield on the occasions I saw him play there.

He is however a good solid full back, but needs someone to come short from midfield to give him an option other than a long ball forward.

I've watched Eardley on numerous occasions and think he's got full back written all over him. That's the thing about honest opinions; they're all different.

Well not really - you and I can have the same opinion...on this occasion our opinion is different but the important thing is that it is an opinion and not a dig at a specific player.

My gripe with Mr Stallone was his <yawn> comment on 'Eardley bashing' :angry:

I think if we lose Neil to the Championship I would accept that. I'd be very dissapointed to lose him to a rival for promotion though, no matter how much moolaa they throw about.

For me, no team in our division has the money to buy Eardley or anywhere near it. It would take well in excess of 1M for me to be happy with his sale. You look at what Chris Gunter fetched (3M) and you have to wonder why we would even start to consider selling for any less.

For me, no team in our division has the money to buy Eardley or anywhere near it. It would take well in excess of 1M for me to be happy with his sale. You look at what Chris Gunter fetched (3M) and you have to wonder why we would even start to consider selling for any less.

Well, we have to look at less than what Cardiff got from Gunter because of who we are....Cardiff are Cardiff, Oldham are Oldham, Spurs are Spurs and Hudds are Hudds....the quality of player affects the price he will go for, but so do the finances of the buying and selling clubs. Admittedly, Cardiff are in massive debt BUT that said they can afford to keep hold of a player and turn away 500k, we cannot...Spurs can afford to take a punt on a youngster and offer a few mill, Hudds cannot.

gunter went from cardiff in the championship to spurs in the premiership

1. we are not championship

2. he will not go to the premiership from us (not yet)

so for someone that latics fans love to hate, who has a thread slagging him off after nearley every game them 3m is a totally unrealistic valuation.

i rate him as a fullback , he has had rave reviews from pros and ex pros alike, he is an international (dont care if its wales or not)

we should hope for 1 mil, but i think we would sell for less, at this time 750k is a very realistic selling price, but not to a league 1 club

Well, we have to look at less than what Cardiff got from Gunter because of who we are....Cardiff are Cardiff, Oldham are Oldham, Spurs are Spurs and Hudds are Hudds....the quality of player affects the price he will go for, but so do the finances of the buying and selling clubs. Admittedly, Cardiff are in massive debt BUT that said they can afford to keep hold of a player and turn away 500k, we cannot...Spurs can afford to take a punt on a youngster and offer a few mill, Hudds cannot.

Are we really that desperate for money? Just because Huddersfield and Millwall are saying they are interested (pure speculation as yet) do we have to sell to one of those 2 clubs, do we even have to sell at all? If the only club interested is Leyton Orient who can only afford 50k should we be selling to them for 50k? Just as there is reported interest from Huddersfield and Millwall there has also been reported interest from Everton, Liverpool, Bristol City and a whole host of other clubs in the Championship, so to settle for less than Cardiff got without a bit of a fight would be a ridiculous move. The club have said they don't need the money, we aren't desperate but we aren't exactly flush with cash. The board have always maintained that if the right offer comes in then we will take it and that's where the problem lies, deciding what the club believes to be 'the right offer'. For me, the right offer is the highest possible valuation, we should be pushing any bidder as far as we possibly can and not be thinking about what is within their means, but thinking what we think we can get for a player. If Huddersfield don't have the cash to buy a 19 year old international full back that has already made over 100 appearances for his club and is attracting the interest of far bigger clubs then screw them, too :censored:ing bad. Let's stop underestimating the value of our players and being so eager to make a quick buck, Nicky Maynard went for 2M for christs sake!

500k is a LOT of money to us.

tricky one this, comparing taylor and eardley. 750k and taylor is off, eardley almost a regular with wales what is his price?

he gets slagged off from the majority of fans but he cant be that bad if half of the british games scouts are watching him

im thinking 750k plus add ons

Doesn't make it an acceptable sum. £100 is a lot to me, but I wouldn't see you something worth £200 for it...

Yes, but if you are a broke and have outgoings larger than your income you'd give it a thought........

500k is a LOT of money to us.

Indeed Yard.....as i said previous. we would in a bloody good financial position considering ST sales etc, if we could turn down £1/2 mill for a full back in todays market. Would the board reject? I doubt it!

However, the figure is heresay and i'm also confident that the board wouldn't let him go for cheap.

Yes, but if you are a broke and have outgoings larger than your income you'd give it a thought........

We all know that we aren't making a profit, but it wouldn't be good busisness to let that affect our judgemenet when valueing our players. As I have said we should be playing this as hard as we can to get the most money possible. Preferably for me we will just hold onto the likes of Eardley and Taylor and build a team around them, but of course there is always a point where the money is too good to turn down. 500k is a lot of money to us, but both of them are worth far more, particularly eardley with his international experience. We should continue to promote the image that we have no real need to sell and only the right offer will change our minds on keeping either of them. TTA won't be pleased about losing money, but they understand that success on the pitch is the best way to make this club profitable, not selling our best players at cut prices to cover losses. In the long run we will still be where we are now, treading water in football terms and losing money. The only offers acceptable are ones that will give us serious money to work with to get ourselves out of this division, anything else would be purely a short term solution to help balance the books.

We all know that we aren't making a profit, but it wouldn't be good busisness to let that affect our judgemenet when valueing our players. As I have said we should be playing this as hard as we can to get the most money possible. Preferably for me we will just hold onto the likes of Eardley and Taylor and build a team around them, but of course there is always a point where the money is too good to turn down. 500k is a lot of money to us, but both of them are worth far more, particularly eardley with his international experience. We should continue to promote the image that we have no real need to sell and only the right offer will change our minds on keeping either of them. TTA won't be pleased about losing money, but they understand that success on the pitch is the best way to make this club profitable, not selling our best players at cut prices to cover losses. In the long run we will still be where we are now, treading water in football terms and losing money. The only offers acceptable are ones that will give us serious money to work with to get ourselves out of this division, anything else would be purely a short term solution to help balance the books.

Let's hope you're right...

It’s a joke that one week the media are connecting him with Everton and Brum for millions and the next week Huddersfield and Millwall.

pure football speculation just to fill column inches whilst the closed season is upon us...

i doubt that they would sell for less than 1 million for either eardley or taylor,think this comming season eardley if still here is going to have his best season for a while.

think anything less than a million willbe loaded with clauses and the like for future compensation. still cant see it though,especially selling to a rival in same division

Well not really - you and I can have the same opinion...on this occasion our opinion is different but the important thing is that it is an opinion and not a dig at a specific player.

My gripe with Mr Stallone was his <yawn> comment on 'Eardley bashing' :angry:

I respect your right to have an opinion on Eardley as a player; yours is that you don't rate him as a FB; whilst mine & others is that we do. You say tomato, I say...... and all that.

Where I get annoyed with peoples responses on here is when a 'joke' or a blind; plucked from the air statement; like ROAM's 'he is not a good FB' leads to player bashing at games.

There was a (really bad) 'Joke' thread on here not long ago slating COG & his shooting. Although the jokes were feeble, those types of things can spiral & before you know it, every time COG goes to shoot, he hears groans etc from his own fans & it really affects his game; confidence wise, leading to him thinking twice about shooting just to avoid the abuse. Now I know this a hypothetical situation but it is also a very feasible one too with the way things go with certain sections of our fans.

The whole 'Eardley Bashing' thing really gets to me, as i just can't understand why people chose to get on the back of one of our better players, a lad of 20 who has racked up more than 100 games for us already, who is an international full back, who has captained us for long spells & who has the potential (not just in my eyes, but in those of seasoned football watchers) to make it at the highest level.

Whilst I might be overreacting, I will always post on these type of threads in defence of the players concerned as, quite frankly, it yanks my chain when our own fans abuse the hell out of our own players