Eardley to Huddesfield ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the People they will know... who the hell are these journalists...why would he join Udders WHY?

Assuming we would sell he could go up a level for the same bargain price....???????????

As people well know Huddersfield town centre is a much better night out than Oldham , would fit in with this "so called" drinking culture the younger lads are in,

There is also a few good strip bars :wink:

As people well know Huddersfield town centre is a much better night out than Oldham , would fit in with this "so called" drinking culture the younger lads are in,

There is also a few good strip bars :

Good fee let him go bring in a decent striker Liam Dickinson and bring Holdsworth to replace Eardley :)

500k plus add ons and a sell on clause and I'd drive him there myself

For me Eardley is the great enigma - on his game he looks a class above - but he is often caught out of position and simply does not look like a full back.

Play him in the middle of the park - that's where you will see the best of the lad.

Allright Dave?

500k plus add ons and a sell on clause and I'd drive him there myself

I'd be driving after you to bring him back before he got in the door to sign. 500k when Gunter went for around 3M? That would be an absolute farce, 3M would be silly money but why should we settle for less when others are getting a big pay day off players of similar ability/pedigree?

For me Eardley is the great enigma - on his game he looks a class above - but he is often caught out of position and simply does not look like a full back.

Play him in the middle of the park - that's where you will see the best of the lad.

Allright Dave?

Eardley quite clearly did not have an ounce of respect for Shez towards the end... obvious that as soon as Joe came in he looked a different player, best player in the team for the last 8 games IMO. Whether that was something joe did, or him pulling his socks up who knows....

I think the Eards we saw for the last 8 games is a cut above our team, and if we could keep him, he would be a massive asset - but that is only if DP can get the best out of him.... that saying, if Hudds want to pay silly money which will fund team rebuilding, then fair play - but I highly doubt a 'cut price' will be accepted when allegedly so many champ teams are interested... even with only a year left on his contract we would still be entitled to compo so now worries....

I wouldnt be that arsed if he went for a big fee to Hudds... especially if they get the player from the first half of last season... but I still think its a load of tosh. The People have proved time and again they never, ever get anything right....

I'd be driving after you to bring him back before he got in the door to sign. 500k when Gunter went for around 3M? That would be an absolute farce, 3M would be silly money but why should we settle for less when others are getting a big pay day off players of similar ability/pedigree?

A car chase ensues :D

Bigger crowds

More money

Only 1 game a season at BP for him to receive unjustified abuse

Just to say.... the Gayfarm fans are probably worse than us for getting on the players backs, especially now that they believe that they have megabucks and should be signing superstars. I have a feeling Mr Eards would be from the frying pan to the fire going there... especially if he continues the big balls attitude he seems to have adopted....

I think for his career, and our bank account, he would be better going to the champ, where he has more chance to develop his obvious potential.... and not be battered by overexpectant fans to be a 19 year old worldbeater...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Just to say.... the Gayfarm fans are probably worse than us for getting on the players backs, especially now that they believe that they have megabucks and should be signing superstars. I have a feeling Mr Eards would be from the frying pan to the fire going there... especially if he continues the big balls attitude he seems to have adopted....

I think for his career, and our bank account, he would be better going to the champ, where he has more chance to develop his obvious potential.... and not be battered by overexpectant fans to be a 19 year old worldbeater...

I think too many fans forget that the guy is only 19 - if we sell then I will be sorry to see him go.

A car chase ensues :D

:lol:

To be honest i'd be gutted if we lost Eardley. He is one of a few players we should be trying to build a team around. Him, Taylor, Smalley, Allessandra, possibly Brooke are players who could go far in the game and end up playing at a higher level, it's a really good crop of youngsters that have come through and a great chance for us to build a team with a core of our own. Add to that Lee who I think has huge potential and we have a decent backbone there. Obviously this is all speculative as we don't know how they will turn out in the long run, but I think they have all shown signs that they have what it takes if they want it. Should we be offering longer contracts to these players with the idea to steadily build around them? It would certainly save us constantly having this worry that our best young stars are gonna be stolen away from us before we've really truly benefitted from their talent.

:lol:

To be honest i'd be gutted if we lost Eardley. He is one of a few players we should be trying to build a team around. Him, Taylor, Smalley, Allessandra, possibly Brooke are players who could go far in the game and end up playing at a higher level, .

Amended :)

What we should do is try to covince someone to pay megabucks for young Jigsaw Alice... that would be nice.

Spot on. If anything, we should be asking for more from teams in our league.

Impossible

reply to stitch in other thread

not saying it may of affected greegan im saying it may of affected eardleys performance which is why i said i want him to stay and prove himself because he is a good player

I know what you meant mate - my reply was a hint that I dont think not getting on with another player is an excuse for poor performance. I know Eards is a cracking player on his day - and I think his bad games are often born out of wasteful possesion. In my opinion this has often been a result of not having willing midfielders to come and get the ball off him (like Liddell and Wellens used to do). Therefore he punts it long, crowd groans, he punts out out play, crowd screams, he tries a sliced crossfield ball to Taylor which is intercepted, crowd sighs, his confidence drops........continue down downward spiral.........

Agree in principal, but I actually think that ball down the flank was Sheridan's doing. Think back to the start of the season, and Eardley played it with gleeful abandon and Hughes got in behind the opposition full-backs constantly. there he could bully them, out-muscle them and possibly drive at goal.

Later in the season teams figured this ploy out but we never changed tack. Plus when the full-back is advanced it can be a dangerous ball, but too often Eardley played it when the full-back was in position and it was money for old rope.

At this stage I think our lack of a composed ball-player in the middle of the park meant we too infrequently had anywhere to go. Whitaker never did make that position his own.

Allright Dave?

CORRECT!!!!! At FB he is not good.

CORRECT!!!!! At FB he is not good.

Erm, yeah he is! One of the best in our league at 19 years of age.

He played what, 4 or 5 games in CM when we had no other options. Did OK in few, had below average in the others.

He's an international RB, and a RB he is.

Oh, and i'd be absolutely gutted if we got rid on 'the cheap' as i don't believe we should be getting rid in the first place & an 'on the cheap' fee will be a joke.

Yet more Eardley bashing - again, joy. :angry:

Edited by slystallone