92 clubs Charity Drive -

Diego

We are taking the driving responsibilities very seriously, we want to beat the record but our safety is paramount. I'll check out the devices you mention... they sound like a good idea.

I'll be playing some Paul Simon/Phil Collins CD's which may help too.

Bloody hell, you'll need suicide dongles as well...

I suspect quite a few grounds visited on the Saturday will be hosting fixtures - perhaps a photo on the pitch could be arrange at one or more ground. I know Burton Albion are at home to Forest in a friendly on the Saturday afternoon.

Good coverage in the rarely wrong Chron and good to see the raising of awareness about the threat of skin cancer gets a mention.

Diego, if you are watching the Under 21s in The Dog on Friday you could mention it to the Burton Mail reporter who is sure to be in there? It might make a good story as it is the first time Albion will have been included in such a journey.

I suspect quite a few grounds visited on the Saturday will be hosting fixtures - perhaps a photo on the pitch could be arrange at one or more ground. I know Burton Albion are at home to Forest in a friendly on the Saturday afternoon.

That would be nice, but in order to get round to all 92 in time, we don't plan on being at each ground for much more than 10-15 minutes.

Maybe we could drive onto the pitch, do a lap and then drive off again?

Its a good job the M.E.N are not sending that little hitler woman with you as an official photographer isnt it? My god, i wouldnt like her as a wife, if she was mine i would stick a hot knitting needle down my ear to pierce my eardrum so i didnt have to listen to her barking out orders all day.

"Bird, lean out the car more and smile"

"I am smiling (under this head)"

"Bird, lean out a little more, we need to see more of you"

"Unless Paul Friggin Daniels is here to make me float i cant lean anymore ya daft bitch"

"right, all wave. I said ALL WAVE. Now smile (whilst i hide infront of this car to take the picture)"

Edited by chaddy the owl

She was in Solid Snake's Stealth Mode!

She needed the cobwebs dusting from her knickers, thats all, give me 10 minutes with her and she would be a drunken lout and offering herself to all unsundry!

We are now just 2 weeks away from the charity drive around the UK to visit each of the 92 clubs that make up the best football leagues in the world.

We have orgainsed the cars, the route, fuel and finer details, all we need now is help from you reading this !

Firstly, I must say a massive thank you to everyone who has donated so far, every single pound is a step closer to us reaching our target of £2500...

If you havent had a chance to sponsor us yet, you can do so very easily buy clicking on the links below.

Every penny we have raised so far and going forward is going towards the charities that we have high-lighted that are supported by Trust Oldham and OAFC .. No money is going to be used to fund the trip, all the costs have been covered by very kind local companies. (Thank you to Penatagon Oldham and vehicle consulting)

I have attached the route that we are planning to use on a spread sheet with some indicators of the time it will take, this showing how far and hard the trip itself will be.

If every member of OWTB donated £1, we would very easily achieve our target, so if your able please donate what you can afford ...

Thank you.

Dont here at justgiving, the site is now back up and running after its serves were changed last week

PM and member of the charity drive team if you wish to donate by cheque

PM and member of the charity drive team if you wish to donate by cheque

Copy_of_Single_Route_92V2.xls

Where have you got your times from (and are you sticking to the speed limit)? Because I seriously doubt it will take 90 minutes to get from St. James' to Brunton Park in the middle of the night as I did it in less than that at rush hour (I did have a bit of a hoon but that's by the by). However I'd be surprised if you can go from Stadium of Light ot St. James' in 30 mins even at that time of night.

Where have you got your times from (and are you sticking to the speed limit)? Because I seriously doubt it will take 90 minutes to get from St. James' to Brunton Park in the middle of the night as I did it in less than that at rush hour (I did have a bit of a hoon but that's by the by). However I'd be surprised if you can go from Stadium of Light ot St. James' in 30 mins even at that time of night.

Those times are a 'worse case' estimate. Like you say time can be made up when there's less traffic on the roads.

If anyone has local knowledge of the grounds or roads that we're likely to use we'd much appreciate it, so please post it up.

Those times are a 'worse case' estimate. Like you say time can be made up when there's less traffic on the roads.

If anyone has local knowledge of the grounds or roads that we're likely to use we'd much appreciate it, so please post it up.

Erm Darlo to Boro- be careful of the speed camera (I think it should still be there) on the a66 not far out of Darlo (its at least a 60mph road). Around Boro's ground is a :censored: of a one way system- amongst which is the red light district- not great on a friday night. Boro to Hartlepool be wary of the a689 speed cameras- quite a few on the road into 'pool. Hartlepool to Sunderland- there are at least 3 different main roads into Sunderland which you could use, let me know which is your first choice, and I'll try and think of some local stuff about each of them. Sunderland to Newcastle is a myriad of routes again but check the local stuff as the a167(m) is often shut or a :censored: for roadworks. Newcastle to Carlisle there's a speed camera between the a1 and Corbridge (on a 70 mph stretch), one in Hexham and one in Haydon bridge (that one is 30mph where the speed camera is). Leeds to Darlo- there are two average speed camera bits- one in Wetherby (50mph) and one up where the a1(m) finishes and they are making the a1 into the a1(m), plus get the right junction at Leeds on the M621 otherwise you can end up going the wrong way.

Going from Hereford to Swansea might be a better idea as there is a decent road which goes on the 'head's of valley's' and it will avoid being in Cardiff at 5pm on a Saturday which could be a nightmare especially if there is something going on. You might want to switch Bristol Rovers and city around and it will take you ages to get across Bristol at that time- ask some of our Bristol lot.

Is that really one of the quickest ways around the country! Seems like your going down to come back up to go back down! Not a criticism just seems long winded!

Also whats the plan in regards when you go to grounds at 3am? Are officials going to be specially at the ground to meet you etc?

Where possible (like you say, during the day) we hope to meet club reps. During the night we will simply be getting a photo outside of the ground of whichever team members are still awake and arranging for those teams to mail out anything that they can contribute.

As for the route. I don't have a scoobie doo! I'm crap at English geography.

The route has been planned by myself using 'Paragon' vehicle scheduling software. This works on proven average road speeds for each different class of roads. I have planned in a percentage speed increase to take into account the amount of night driving involved, with a percentage decrease for 'rush hours'. Without being able to do a proving run this is out of necessity a best guess and a little local knowledge is always helpful for refining the detail (I can definitely see the sense in rudemedic's Hereford to Swansea suggestion for example). Hopefully I will be able to do another run through Paragon closer to the time taking into account such suggestions. However, I only have limited access to the Paragon dongle so I can't guarantee being able to do this.

I admit it seems strange in that it heads north only to head south again and this was a concern when I initially saw the route. However in order to take in MK/Northampton as well as Norwich/Ipswich/Colchester/Southend it is necessary to 'double back' one way or another. As such I can see the logic in the result. I also like the fact that if all goes to plan the lads will be heading across London in the middle of Sunday night. This is obviously excellent with regards to beating the traffic. However my money is on Millwall shortly after midnight being the quickest stop of the journey!!!!

In my experience Paragon broadly comes up with a decent result, although I'm sure there will be plenty of 'swings and roundabouts' along the route.

Hello all Bristol City fan here, I came accross this thread whilst looking

for any info about Chris Taylor coming to us as it's all gone quiet this end.

Anyway I'd just like to wish you good luck with your trip,that's a lot of travelling in front

of you. Thought you ought to know that there are some major roadwork's on the A4174

on the abbeywood roundabout if you were planning to come off at J1 of the M32

to get to the Mem ground,catch it wrong & it will take you a good 10/15 mins to get through.

Half hour is tight to get accross Bristol at the best of times never mind 9a.m on a Monday.

Also on the A38 going through town up by the Mem there are some smaller roadworks going

on but I'm not sure how long they're there for.Best bet is J2 and take the B4469 (Muller Rd)

takes you straight to the Mem.

At AG use the entrance opposite Ashton Park by the club shop & you should

be able to drive straight in.

All the best for your trip and have a safe return home.

Edited by ziderhead

Thank you to everyone that has donated so far, people have been very generous and donated anything from £2.50 to £30 .... this is all we ask, please donate what you can.. £1 will help us achieve our target which we are at the moment still a long way off ...

Even £1 donated can make a difference !!!! if most people on Owtb donated at least £1 with gift aid our target would be achieved...

Thank you in advance .......

More news here, a click away www.92inblue.blogspot.com/

p.s Thanks ziderhead

The fund raising is going ok at the moment but we are still about £1,000 behind our target !!!!!

Every £1 or £2 is greatly appreciated !!

For people attending the friendlies Tomorrow and on Thursday, Myself and Simon will have sponsor forms on us if you wish to donate any change you may have on you :wink:

Stage One Base - Carlisle 232 Miles

Oldham Athletic FC 07:00

Manchester City FC

Stockport County FC

Macclesfield Town FC

Manchester United FC

Bury FC 21:13

Accrington Stanley FC

Burnley FC 22:09

Blackburn Rovers FC

Preston North End FC

Blackpool FC

Morecambe FC

Carlisle United FC 02:01

Stage Two Carlisle – Derby 475 miles

Carlisle United FC 02:01

Newcastle United FC 03:06

Sunderland FC 03:37

Hartlepool United FC 04:35

Middlesbrough FC 04:46

Darlington FC

Leeds United FC

Bradford City FC

Huddersfield Town FC

Barnsley FC 09:20

Sheffield Wednesday FC

Sheffield United FC

Rotherham United FC

Doncaster Rovers FC

Scunthorpe United FC 12:13

Hull City FC 13:21

Grimsby Town FC 14:08

Lincoln City FC 16:02

Chesterfield FC

Derby

Stage Three – Derby – Gillingham 446miles

Derby

burton albion

Notts County

Nottingham Forest

Leicester City FC

Coventry City FC

Northampton Town FC

Milton Keynes Dons FC

Peterborough United FC

Norwich City FC

Ipswich Town FC

Colchester Utd FC

Southend United FC

Dagenham

Gillingham FC

Stage 4 – Gillingham to Brighton – 259miles

gillingham

crystal palace fc

Fulham Rd, London, SW6 (Chelsea)

Stevenage Rd, London, SW6 (Fulham)

Brentford

South Africa Rd, London, W12 7PA (QPR)

Zampa Rd, London, SE16 3LN (Miiiiiii)

Floyd Rd, London, SE7 8B (Charlton)

Green St, London, E13 9AZ (West Ham)

Brisbane Rd, London, E10 5NE (Orient)

Islington, Greater London, N7 7 (Arsenal)

748 High Rd, London, N17 0AP (Tottenham)

Barnet, UK

watford

High Wycombe, HP12

Reading

Aldershot

Tongdean Ln, Withdean, Brighton, BN1

Stage 5 – Brighton to Cheltenham 605miles

Brighton & Hove Albion FC Portsmouth FC

Southampton FC

Bournemouth FC

Yeovil Town FC

Torquay United

Plymouth Argyle FC

Exeter City FC

Bristol Rovers FC

Bristol City FC

Cardiff City FC

Swansea City FC

Swindon Town

Cheltenham Town FC

Stage 6 – Cheltenham – Rochdale – 306 miles

Cheltenham Town FC

Hereford United FC

Birmingham City FC

Aston Villa FC

West Bromwich Albion FC

Walsall FC

Wolverhampton Wanderers FC

Shrewsbury Town FC

Stoke City FC

Port Vale FC

Crewe Alexandra FC

Chester City FC

Tranmere Rovers FC

Liverpool FC

Everton FC

Wigan Athletic FC

Bolton Wanderers FC

Rochdale FC

This was the plan that was agreed from the start and the one they're following - no other plan was considered, so I'm a little confused O_P...

Stage One Base - Carlisle 232 Miles

This was the plan that was agreed from the start and the one they're following - no other plan was considered, so I'm a little confused O_P...

There is a ss here which goes up to the NE thru Yorkshire, then comes back down the west coast to Manchester. I know they were at OT last night hence the confusion. No problem - I was just trying to see if there was anywhere I could get to along the route and lay out the big KTF flag to show some solidarity with our hairy brothers.......

There is a ss here which goes up to the NE thru Yorkshire, then comes back down the west coast to Manchester. I know they were at OT last night hence the confusion. No problem - I was just trying to see if there was anywhere I could get to along the route and lay out the big KTF flag to show some solidarity with our hairy brothers.......

No worries mate! :chubb: